It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona hysteria

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Why is it that certain people cling so desperately to this little buzzword at all times when other people are just discussing current events and future possibilities? Hysteria this hysteria that. Hysteria here hysteria there. Maybe you need to take a breath yourself, and stop seeing hysteria everywhere you go and in everything you read. Being emotionally rattled by people discussing possibilities on a #ing internet forum is much, much closer to the same hysteria you constantly project on others. Stop it. Be aware of what you are doing to yourself and why, and just calm down internally and drop the stoic coping act for a second. Makes things so much easier on yourself.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

With all respect, you cannot compare the 'normal flu' with this one for a variety of reasons you are obviously not aware of but which have been discussed to smithereens if you want to enlighten yourself.
Are you seriously saying there is nothing to see here at all?
Are you also of the opinion China should stop being so wussy and stop these childish quarantines that are obviously not needed because you and a handful of wanna be experts have decided it's nothing.
Have you actually read and understood my short post [it seems you haven't, it's a pet hate of mine when people do that, they just read one word and then type an irrelevant kneejerk reply].

I am very interested in your answer. Also what are your credentials. Maybe China might need you as you obviously know far more than them at the moment, and they sure could do with some help.
R.I.P the doctor who 'whistle blew' this nothingburger.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I, for one, welcome our new virus overlords.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Well obviously the quarantine is not so much about quarantine the virus but people, if you did not notice...they let millions of Chinese people travel , fly inland & to outside China for many Weeks, so i personnally have hard time to understand the logic of CCP if this is movie scale pandemic....they basically let Chinese people fly all over the planet for Weeks....if that is quarantine i have lost my mind totally here, which is of cource allways possible.

And speaking about movie scale pandemic....i do declare that if that would be the case, one Week ago in India people would have drop dead in the streets there in movie pandemic style...

We are talking here time and how viruses travel around the World, this bug is now been all over Planet , for a long time i think. Just look the time it takes to fly from China to New York City....

Edit : by movie scale pandemic i mean "outside China "

edit on 7-2-2020 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: all2human
a reply to: Trueman
The reality is this disease is only a high risk to those who have serious underlying health issues...

And that makes you comfortable ?

So, screw all the people with health issues ?

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

He isn't saying that just people with underlying conditions need to take precautions. If figures are to be believed so far 3 recoveries to every death. For all we know those deaths could be from people with maximum exposure to the original cause, we jusst don't know likely will never know. Biut unless you are in China remain alert start making preperations but keep it in prespective. I got my 80 year old Mom Im worried about potentially but thats down the road a bit. In 20-30 days the US will have a better idea.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666
a reply to: BrianFlanders

With all respect, you cannot compare the 'normal flu' with this one for a variety of reasons you are obviously not aware of but which have been discussed to smithereens if you want to enlighten yourself.

As much as I love it when someone uses the words "smithereens" and "enlighten" in a discussion about hysteria, I would like to point out that I did not compare the two. I meant to say that anything that is undesirable is a cause for concern. But common sense and proportion should still apply. Inciting panic even under the worst conditions is never wise.

At any rate, I suspect we will all be here in five years discussing the latest dire planetary emergency.
edit on 7-2-2020 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

True.

But the one thing that concerns me is that there is already a nasty flu bug running rampant in the northeast.

Depending upon if that weakens your immune system, or if you get well - strengthens it, may determine how many people get ill here.

BTW - They've already identified 3 cases in the NY/NJ area.

Who knows?

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Oh look! WE HAVE INFLUENZA !

www.cdc.gov...

Is this the movie scale pandemic we are talking here ?

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Well, you might as well be a liberal with an attitude like that

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter

True.

But the one thing that concerns me is that there is already a nasty flu bug running rampant in the northeast.

Depending upon if that weakens your immune system, or if you get well - strengthens it, may determine how many people get ill here.

BTW - They've already identified 3 cases in the NY/NJ area.

Who knows?

I had some "odd" flu just recently....no testing so dont know specifically anything, but i did wonder if this was WuFlu...never know..

May i reminder, that most of us humans is not even human DNA , i dont know what is the real ratio...it may be 50/50 or 10/ 50

www.bbc.com...

I think we all have initially quite strong immunity....what makes it go dysfunction is toxins IMO . We should not underestimate the power of our immune system. It can be taked offline thought....which i suspect with this China corona, but i have no proof.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Ask yourself this (I am flipping the tables on you) if this isn't a real pandemic situation and isn't as serious as the "hysterical" believe it to be, how in the hell do you justify the Chinese now expanding their basic quarantine to 300 million people and forcing virtual incarceration of all positively tested AND those who they've been living with? How do you justify Japan forcing 3700 people to sit on a floating morgue while this virus proceeds to infect more each day?

And who is really being hysterical here, the people who have just been discussing this and questioning the narratives in one of the by far friendliest mega-topics this website has seen in years, or someone who tries to fearmongering silence from those participants with the ASININE "this hysteric conversation is how we will end up with martial law!!!" hyperbole and histrionic asshattery?

Floating morgue?! Lol.
Yor post screams of paranoia.
Now I know this is a conspiracy site. And Coronavirus is the best thing that could have happened conspiracy wise. People tend to exaggerate a bit on ATS. Nor the first nor last time

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79

Well, you might as well be a liberal with an attitude like that

I really doubt my attitude is liberal.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Jokes aside, have you compared the number of new cases in countries other than China from one week ago? This virus has the ability to kill 155 million people if it holds to 2% mortality rate.

What's even more alarming is that officially not one case has been registered in the whole of Africa.

The Chinese are everywhere in Africa.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79

Jokes aside, have you compared the number of new cases in countries other than China from one week ago? This virus has the ability to kill 155 million people if it holds to 2% mortality rate.

What's even more alarming is that officially not one case has been registered in the whole of Africa.

The Chinese are everywhere in Africa.

No joke , i dont want any casualtys . Just real facts . No ability to really count now after few beers....

Cheers

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
If figures are to be believed so far 3 recoveries to every death.

Pretty skeptical of those figures. Because if someone dies and the Chinee said it was because his heart stopped ... or because he stopped breathing ... or because he died

doesn't necessarily mean the WuFlu wasn't the underlying cause. (see what I did there?)

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Forget what anyone is saying. Watch what governments are doing.

This is unprecedented in your lifetime.

If everything went back to normal today, the impact will be felt for several months.

I think it's safe to assume things will not go back to normal today.

For some, by the time they're satisfied there is something to worry about, it will be too late to prepare for an extended crisis.

Preparation is not hysteria. It's prudence.

The virus and catching it is only one part of the the problem. The global economic consequences are the other part. Plan for the later, if you can, and hope for the best on the former.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 09:32 AM
link   
My doctor is still concerned and watching it closely and when I asked about it she gave me the stock numbers for surgical level masks/respirator.

When she tells me it's ok I'll give more credence to it.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   
It's just a flu, bro

edit on 7/2/2020 by gusamaso because: (no reason given)

www.youtube.com...
edit on 7/2/2020 by gusamaso because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

Seriously ? trust goverments ?

I think not...

Take vaccine as a solution for problem...i think..no thanks !

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join