It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona hysteria

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Pardon my French, but to me this coronavirus hysteria is getting out of hand.

Last time i checked , it look like that the epicenter is still China, and if i remember right the one dead in Philippines was Chinese.

Are you wanting martial law ? Becouse if everybody get hysterical it may go to that, even without any real pandemic situation.

Have a few beers and calm down .....

My 2 cents

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

Hysteria ????... This is real. Do you work for the Chinese government?

Take your 2 cents back. People got killed by this virus.

The Wuhan doctor became well-known after he made a December social media post warning about a SARS-like illness. In the weeks that followed, the virus exploded into the epidemic that has sickened more than 25,000, halted travel across parts of China, and led to the mass quarantine of Wuhan, a city of more than 10 million.

But days after Li’s warning on social media, he was reprimanded by police for rumor-mongering online, according to his social media account. He later announced via social media that he had been infected with coronavirus.

Li’s warning, and the police reprimand, have raised questions within China about whether Communist Party authorities could have done more earlier to stop the spread of the infection. His final hours sparked a confusing episode that only reinforced the narrative that Chinese officials were more concerned about stage-managing the message rather than giving transparent updates about developments related to the virus.

The doctor’s death was announced on social media by a Chinese state media-affiliated publication, only to see the posts deleted and replaced by reports that he was still alive. Then hours later he was finally reported dead again by the hospital where he worked.

Chinese netizens accused government authorities of hiding the truth by conjuring up a fake miracle that Li was still alive. The hashtag “I Want Freedom of Speech” picked up amid public anger while these posts were being constantly censored and deleted on Weibo.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I rarely if ever give things like this any credence. I like to wait weeks maybe months until we get a firm hand on the facts .

That being said

There’s no harm speculating on the reasons .

But

Coronavirus ain’t no Jade helm 15

This is just something we need to keep a close eye on and don’t blow it off .

Has anybody been watching the air carriers cancellations and scheduling ?

I’m gonna go check with a friend .

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Did this really deserve a new thread?

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

O relax, it's not his fault people are Dying
suggesting people calm down is a good thing

The reality is this disease is only a high risk to those who have serious underlying health issues
Obviously there are unknowns, but thats what we have

edit on 7-2-2020 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Im going to drink few beers after work, no doubt of that . It's better to live this day, not by " worst case scenario " in the future.....

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 03:05 AM
link   

I dunno,
I walk around the office, speak with my friends.. everyone believes its just the flu and only elderly get it..
I'm certainly the most concerned out of everyone in my day to day life.

I'll admit, 10 days ago, I was pretty worried.. I think everyone was and for good reason, what we were seeing was pretty major.. now that the contagiousness has become touching or fluids, its no where near as dangerous for us. and it appears Asian people are far more susceptible - im guessing because of the chemical pollution in their skies, its been like adrenalin for the virus.

However, whats happening in China is still a very big concern.. if its not stopped quickly it could bring China to its knee's and that's bad for everyone. Think of trade/manufacturing/economy/military... nuclear arsenals and chemical weapons for a government that's been dissolved .

what if they really do come to the conclusion this was sabotage from a foreign entity?

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

I am truly sad what is happening in China, people dieing and goverment actions there seems very overkill....why they wanting to so heavely suppress truth and threaten prison....

This whole thing is odd, i dont know what exactly has happened, anything is possible....even foreign attack. Well the pollution there is quite certain....it might be why , but speculating here ...

edit on 7-2-2020 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 03:30 AM
link   

I am tempted to agree with you, but am bothered by the suspicion that the numbers we "know" may be very misleading.

The impact in other countries seems limited so far. I guess we'll see.

One other thing to bear in mind is that this sucker may mutate and come calling again like the Spanish Flu did.

And yeah, the situation in China is not good. If the CCP loses authority in the practical sense, what we'll see is a return to warlord China, except this time some of the warlords will have nuclear weapons.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 03:35 AM
link   
The king of anti-virus

media.giphy.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 03:37 AM
link   
People have the right to be worried...
Check out these headlines

global pandemic deepens

deadliest day

real data leaked

medics arrested for speeding rumors

president xi disappears

thermal drones scan residents

quarantined cruise turned floating prison

might be here to stay return every winter

COVER UP? 

Coronavirus – Chinese media giant lists death toll at 24,589 but quickly changes to 304 sparking conspiracies

A CHINESE media giant has sparked conspiracy theories after appearing to publish the coronavirus death toll as more than 24,589 - before changing it to 304.
Tencent, the multinational tech company that developed WeChat, reportedly listed figures for the coronavirus on Saturday showing 154,023 were infected.

Tencent's webpage titled 'Epidemic Situation Tracker' was quickly updated to reflect the official figures of 14,446 infected and 304 dead at the time, according to Taiwan News.
The death toll has since risen to 563 in China, with 28,018 cases confirmed in the country.
Screen grabs showing the site's apparently changing figures, have been widely shared online, sparking conspiracy rumours.

Honestly...
I dont think we are even getting the whole truth...
So of course people are going to be on both sides of the fence.
With all the misinformation and confusion...
In my opinion this whole thing smells like a Conspiracy!
edit on 7-2-2020 by DustybudzZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Yes agree, and China has been scary boogeyman to me even before this all corona started....

Can the mutating also go to better way ?

Cheers

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: DustybudzZ

Well if the TPTB would want o induce mass hysteria, it would be easy peacy becouce they own the MSM .....

I lost trust to NATURAL NEWS, it is on full mass hysteria mode, at least it look to me so....

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Ask yourself this (I am flipping the tables on you) if this isn't a real pandemic situation and isn't as serious as the "hysterical" believe it to be, how in the hell do you justify the Chinese now expanding their basic quarantine to 300 million people and forcing virtual incarceration of all positively tested AND those who they've been living with? How do you justify Japan forcing 3700 people to sit on a floating morgue while this virus proceeds to infect more each day?

And who is really being hysterical here, the people who have just been discussing this and questioning the narratives in one of the by far friendliest mega-topics this website has seen in years, or someone who tries to fearmongering silence from those participants with the ASININE "this hysteric conversation is how we will end up with martial law!!!" hyperbole and histrionic asshattery?

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo
a reply to: DustybudzZ

Well if the TPTB would want o induce mass hysteria, it would be easy peacy becouce they own the MSM .....

I lost trust to NATURAL NEWS, it is on full mass hysteria mode, at least it look to me so....

Ok... either way it's a Conspiracy then right?...
either for population control and or mind control or (both)
"Hence" (people should be worried)
And (speaking out about all of it)

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Yes agree, and China has been scary boogeyman to me even before this all corona started....

Can the mutating also go to better way ?

Cheers

Very unlikely. Few viruses mutate to their disadvantage. It is sort of like evolutionary theory on fast forward, with mutations happening over single generations rather than eons. If a mutation makes the virus more palatable to people, then it likely is not to the virus' advantage and the mutated generation will NOT replace its parent DNA in the generational sequences.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 04:30 AM
link   
The MSM would have you believe it's just like a simple cold or flu and that "it's no big deal" "don't worry" "O don't pay attention to all the people dying"

Ummm.....idk about you. But healthy young men falling over dying doesn't sound like a "cold like virus" to me

From what I understand it shares similar gnomes to HIV.
As it brakes down your bodies immune system
so then a simple "cold" or "flu" could then be fatal for a healthy person

Sounds like it was "genetically engineered"

So I don't really see how anyone could think the MSM is trying to create "mass hysteria"
They are on orders right now to keep the panic down...

Why do you think everyone who has or had any real information is either dead or being silenced???

Wake up sheeple!!!

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Yeah. I don't get it.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I don't know how this shouldn't cause any concern?
At this moment in time it will already feature in future history books. An unprecedented amount of humans being in quarantine. The first and biggest ever quarantine in history.
Nothing to see here...
Forget anything else, forget numbers, forget spread. Just as it is it should worry people at least a little bit.
Anyone who doesn't, is either misinformed, has no life experience or is not a human.

Ebola had it's unfounded hysteria, but this is already bad enough to shut up those that called this 'nothingburger or BS'.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666
I don't know how this shouldn't cause any concern?

The regular flu is a cause for concern. Blowing it out of proportion is irresponsible, dangerous and unethical.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join