It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theory about 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I've read in some threads about how the end of the world would be 2012 according to the Mayan calender. Generally the end of the world brings an image of fire and flame leaving the earth dead. But what if it refers to the end of something more specific. Say the end of certain religions? Maybe the end of the human world where humans no longer rule the earth?
Anyone have any thoughts?

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Are the Mayans still around?

Nope.

If they couldn't foresee and predict their own demise, why should I believe them if they predict the end of life of everyone as we know it a couple thousand years after they're gone?

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   
You might want to try reading the threads listed here:
Mayan Calendar 2012 Prediction Threads. Read Before Posting on This Topic

If none of these thread answer your question, then feel free to continue. Most of the basic information that you are seeking has been covered in one of these.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird
Are the Mayans still around?

Nope.

I busted out laughing when i read this!!!

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
They figured out the end of their calender using mathematics and science. they couldn't possibly have prophesized their end. As for me, I personally hope that on 2012 a mysterious artifact is discovered that shuts up the creationists.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by BluePostman
They figured out the end of their calender using mathematics and science. they couldn't possibly have prophesized their end. As for me, I personally hope that on 2012 a mysterious artifact is discovered that shuts up the creationists.

2012 is just an end to another cycle....

Alot of people need to brush up on their calendar
webexhibits.org...

Why 2012?

If you're waiting for a "new age" of mankind to start just like that in 2012....I'm afraid you're going to be sorely dissapointed. There is absolutely no evidence to support that anything will happen.

lol, what kind of artifact can and will shut up creationists? And why would this artifact shut up creationists?

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeirdIf you're waiting for a "new age" of mankind to start just like that in 2012....I'm afraid you're going to be sorely dissapointed. There is absolutely no evidence to support that anything will happen.

How do you know nothing will happen? If ancient India, ancient astrologers, ancient Mayans, and the Bible all say that right about then something will happen, and you say it won't........guess who I would bet on?

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   
That's a good point, if those sources happen to be particualrily credible.

[edit on 13-3-2005 by BluePostman]

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackGuardXIII
How do you know nothing will happen? If ancient India, ancient astrologers, ancient Mayans, and the Bible all say that right about then something will happen, and you say it won't........guess who I would bet on?

How do I know?
Well, like the Mayans, like you, like everyone in this world...I'm not able to accurately predict anything that far into the future. Especially something like that. So, I don't know. I just know there is no evidence to support that something will happen.

You're really going to have to provide more info.
I have heard of no one else referencing that date or saying something will happen around that time, so please provide links...

Since you're betting on it, what are you going to do when absolutely nothing happens?

Y2k+12

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Dec 21/12 is the most projected date of the end per what I have read and heard. Science is also indicating a meteor will come close late 2012 as well. As for the Mayans gee..you'd think they would at least draw a picture as to why their calender stopped 'age of enlightenment' just does'nt say enough.

Who knows, by then the earth may have already become a burnt out cinder or a one world government under another Bushkie or maybe China.

Dallas

top topics

join