It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Associated Press Not Able To Declare a Winner of the IOWA Democratic Caucuses.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

The Department of Homeland Security volunteered to help Iowa Democrats "stress test" the Shadow Software, but Democrats didn't want any help from the Trump Administration. They got what they deserved, IMO.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Bloomberg is turning people off with his pandering. Bernie Sanders' time has come. He's paid his dues.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: chr0naut
a reply to: carewemust

Umm, if the Dems vote is stuffed up, then which party profits from that?

The pity party of course.

So, if someone actually did something to try and stuff up the Democrats voting, which party has motive?

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Democrats aren't very good at cyber security.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

This is why I think electronic voting, in any election, is suspect. I recommend paper trails.

It was the "paper trail" that enabled the votes to ultimately be counted. Unfortunately, Washington DNC Headquarters doesn't think Iowans are smart enough to count that high. They're sending in some "help" from the D.C. sewer to do a recount.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 11:32 PM
link   
With 100% of the vote counted, Buttigieg and Sanders are a virtual tie, with each getting 11 delegates in Iowa.

www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust Why would anyone rely on a state that get's it's income from government subsidies,they have farmers there saying"I can't afford food"WTF a farmer why don't you grow something? because they only grow what the govt tells them to

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
With 100% of the vote counted, Buttigieg and Sanders are a virtual tie, with each getting 11 delegates in Iowa.

www.nbcnews.com...

Wow.

At least in Iowa it was a race.

I can't wait to see what NH has to say.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
So Iowa has 1,635,000 registered voters and the Democratic Caucuses drew less than 170,000 LOL or is my math off.

The caucusing process is lengthy and cumbersome, it's only for hardcores with no other obligations. This is not like heading to your local polling station and getting in and out in five minutes, you're potentially there all night.

The Republicans only drew 31,000 for comparison where in other states you'll have a much higher turnout.

edit on 7-2-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁❤🍕

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Not all Results were mucked up in fact clearly this is a one sided issue .... counting that is

....Caucus in Iowa as Democrats Await Results.....

WHILE NO CLEAR WINNER emerged in the immediate aftermath of Iowa's Democratic caucuses Monday night, President Donald Trump handily won the state's Republican caucus, defeating two challengers in a much-expected outcome.

The contest was largely overlooked but served as a reminder that Trump is not seeking the nomination unopposed. Iowa is one of several states that are holding GOP primaries or caucuses, with others having canceled.

The president won 97.1% of the vote, picking up 38 delegates. His challengers, former Rep. Joe Walsh and former Massachusetts Gov. Bill Weld, won 1.1% and 1.3%, respectively, earning zero delegates.

edit on 272020 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:31 AM
link   

I'm still amazed that some Americans are "proud" Democrats. They don't realize that the party which supported the KKK and Slavery, is almost dead now.

Yeah I've tried having this exact conversation with a Democrat. I even showed them tangible evidence of such. All I got back was "no man it was the republicans!"

I think they just see everything through # tinted glasses.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yes but that is significantly lower than 2016 which is another falsehood Pete's camp was crowing about

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I'm coming up with close to 190,000 with just the first five. Not sure where you're getting your numbers from.

edit on 7-2-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁❤🍕

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Sunday, February 9, 2020

The Associate Press has still not declared a winner of the Iowa Caucuses.

The Associated Press has reviewed updated results of the Iowa caucuses provided Sunday evening by the Iowa Democratic Party and has decided that it remains unable to declare a winner based on the available information.

The results, AP continues to believe, may not be fully accurate and are still subject to potential revision.

Following the Iowa Democratic Party's release of new results, with 100% of precincts reporting, former South Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg leads Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders by two state delegate equivalents out of 2,152 counted.

That is a margin of 0.09 percentage points.

The IDP is assigning 14 delegates to Buttigieg and 12 to Sanders. Sen. Elizabeth Warren gets 8, former V.P. Joe Biden is awarded 6 and Sen. Amy Klobuchar gets 1 delegate.
Source: www.wvpe.org...

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Sunday, February 9, 2020

Bernie Sanders just requested a partial re-count. The deadline for requesting a re-count is end of business, tomorrow.

Source: apnews.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join