It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Site Has A Bad Reputation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I'm just posting this in case you haven't seen it.

Not a good look.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Lol. Pray do tell.

Source?

edit on 6-2-2020 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell
Not a good look.

I think they're specifically talking about links with viruses, which has always been a problem. Probably not having anything to do with the constant noisy drone of inflammatory political rhetoric.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Source?

Me, that's a screenshot, I run Avast Premium Security.

edit on 6 2 2020 by myselfaswell because: forgot quote

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

Ah, for some reason images don't always download on these threads for me.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I believe this is all about the "s" missing after the "http" part....

Peace

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Yeah, we get around.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   

There's a conspiracy behind this somewhere... must be.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

That noisy sound is on almost every community forum that allows it. Sports team forums, local community forums, car forums.

I do wish ATS would keep it off the front page. Just lock it down it down in it's own forum. One sports team site I visit does it. It's a great solution. People can still speak their mind all day but you have make an extra click to access it.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   

constant noisy drone of inflammatory political rhetoric.

Yeah I got that. Had it been about that though I suspect the message would have been;

"This site is full of people who believe politicians are acting in the best interests of the public, weirdos."

Long I know, but true.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Joan Jett Approved

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime

I believe this is all about the "s" missing after the "http" part....

Peace

^^^^ this, absolutely.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Considering how awful a product Avast is, I'm not shocked. You would be better off running absolutely nothing, at least then you wouldn't be bothered by something like that chewing up resources. Look into their business dealings with Jumpshot and how they've been selling your analytics data to companies for a while now.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   

We hang out with kids behind the gym smoking 'g'rettes and chasing dames in skirts!

I heard there is going to be a fist fight at the sock hop this Friday! Tony is bringing a switchblade!!

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

We hang out with kids behind the gym smoking 'g'rettes and chasing dames in skirts!

I heard there is going to be a fist fight at the sock hop this Friday! Tony is bringing a switchblade!!

I hear we got a bad rep for going all the way with the captain of the football team.
And it wasn't even true! *crying*

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Me an' the boys will have a talking to him! Give a good knuckle sandwich!

LOL!

One day they will turn off the ability to use http as a browsing protocol. I wonder if ATS will finally get a certificate, set the parameters, and reboot?

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Hey after the shindig lets go to the malt shop! i hear the waitresses all skate around in ankle length dresses! I think im a get the new fizzy drink...what the name of it ...coke yeah.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Get rid of Avast and you won't see that any more.
Not only has Avast been in the news lately for their data collection practices, which they now say they have stopped, it is also a mediocre A/V at best that has always had issues including false positives.

Just days after Avast’s popular antivirus software was revealed to be harvesting browsing data and selling it to advertisers, the company has said that it’s shutting down the subsidiary that made it possible. Writing in a blog post, company CEO Ondrej Vlcek says Avast is terminating its Jumpshot subsidiary’s data collection and operations “with immediate effect...

Avast data-harvesting...

edit on 2/6/2020 by Klassified because: quote

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 11:02 PM
link   
This forum has banned a lot of crazy people over the years, many hackers and tech savvy folk who decide they’re going to attack it on revenge

It’s happened on a lot of other forums over the past 20 years that I’ve visited, and ATS attracts the best and most crazy ones

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 11:13 PM
link   

This site has a bad reputation for other reasons also.

This site is a social media for people with some interest in conspiracy who like to argue instead of really looking into the issues that face mankind. Filled with ad hominem attacks to dismiss arguments. It is a starting point to start to question things, but not a real discussion forum when you wanna go deep into what New World Order is up to.

Most threads become controlled opposition trolling instead of real discussion of facts and sources.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join