It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Has Become America's First Third World State

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

originally posted by: game over man
What is the correlation of this thread and Trump's booming economy?

Ask yourself, with what is arguably the USA's best economy ever, why would California be having problems?

The answer is pretty obvious.

It's not obvious at all to be honest. What's the simple answer captain?

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter

What is the correlation of this thread and Trump's booming economy?

I don't know.

Why don't you enlighten us?

I'm skeptical that things are stupendous in the US for people's incomes and business profits. I think it's easier to say than harder to physically show it. Whitehouse.gov bullet points don't do it for me. I'm not outright dismissing it, just being skeptical.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

This is from 2004:

Catholic 'secret society' gains power foothold

Is this a Mission from God Religious Crusade?

Roman Catholic Representatives

First of all lets look for a common denominator. I am a Roman Catholic. Has anyone noticed that "two" Catholic Governors [California + New York] are both destroying the state they govern. Both are Roman Catholic. Then toss in Nancy Pelosi and Joe Biden along with [18] other CALIFORNIA Democrat Roman Catholic Congressmen or 36% . I am sure it goes deeper overall as AOC is also a Roman Catholic and DNC Chairman Tom Perez is a zealot.

New Democratic Party leader Tom Perez has deep Jesuit connections

This country was formed under the guise of separation of church and state. They are exploiting it and need to be removed.
edit on 6-2-2020 by Waterglass because: added

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   
There are still a lot of conservatives in CA. Problems are mainly around the outskirts of the coastal areas. Illegals, drugged out wanna be actors, musicians, mental illness and they are from all over the country. They go there with big dreams and then reality hits. Liberals along the coast don't really give a damn. Those losers aren't getting anywhere near their gated beach homes and high dollar restaurants and shops.

I once went up the Hollywood hill sign for fun and what I saw was anything but fun. So many drug needles, condoms. Just disgusting and that was 30 years ago. The cost of living was also insane. Some areas they didn't even speak English which was unheard of back then. Entire towns, stores no English but I have seen that around the country more and more. Little cartel checkpoints.

Leaving was one of the best decisions I ever made. My home over there would be worth millions. My town is clean, low crime, good schools, lots of trees green spaces and it's all dirt cheap.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Would it be too cliché to embed this song?

They could be a nation on there own and still smash the 10 most wealthiest nations on earth list.

Plus, they've been successfully selling the positive aspects of American culture though Hollywood to the rest of the world, ever since I've been alive.

IDK... I kind of think California deserves alot more respect than it seems to be getting from Americans as a whole, atm.
edit on 6-2-2020 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

My home over there would be worth millions. My town is clean, low crime, good schools, lots of trees green spaces and it's all dirt cheap.

Same here.

I sold my small house in Palo Alto for a little more than $400K in 1995. I bought it a few years prior for $340K so I was happy.

I heard recently the same house sold a few months ago for $2.6M.

I owned and lived in that house. There is no way it's worth anywhere close to that.

But with Facebook less than a half mile away and Google about a mile away, it's pure gold.

Who knew?

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Oh yeah. I rented a house about a mile from Huntington beach in the 90's with like 4 guys. We had a blast. The house was pretty much a dump but that close to the beach it was awesome when I was young.

I looked online for fun and that POS house was selling for 1.4 million in the mid 2000's LOL. That house would not be worth 120K in my neighborhood in great condition. Matter of fact anything like that around my neighborhood would have long been demolished.
edit on 6-2-2020 by Stupidsecrets because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Are you gonna ignore that the GOP is elbow deep in religious BS as well? The VP is literally one of them!

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   
California won't be a third-world country until its citizens all start trying to immigrate illegally into the United States, instead of the other way around.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: IrateCanadian

Slightly Offensive has been doing quite a bit of coverage on Democrat run states that are turning into complete sh#t.

Nancy Pelosi's Poop City

Kinda funny, but also rather disturbing lol

They try to clean the cities, but then there's a bunch of idiots protesting the clean ups.

I just watched this - thanks for the link.

I couldn't believe that there were people protesting that other people were trying to clean up the garbage on the streets. If I didn't see it with my own eyes, I probably wouldn't have believed it.

What in the the name of Judas Priest is *wrong* with these people?

Did they have real parents growing up?

I mean - WTF?!

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   
It's interesting because I just returned last week from a quarterly work visit for a company located in Irvine which is in Orange County. Granted Irvine is not the best city to sample in CA due to the role the Irvine Company plays in it but thats my direct experience so it's what I see.

I can tell you that Irvine is not a 3rd world country just based on the amount of ridiculously expensive or exotics cars I see there every time out there. Additionally in Irvine the cost of living is crazy..$2300 for a 700 Square foot apt.

Granted in Orange County you are paying as much for the proximity to the Coast so I would expect to find something cheap there.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I've traveled to California quite a bit.

It's not the same California that I knew in my youth.

Not sure when it started going nuts, but it was long before Trump, so blaming him for California's failures is like blaming the destruction of the Hindenburg on Trump.

California is an example of layers and layers and years and years of leftist policies that have failed and people have compounded those failures until we see what we see.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
a reply to: Edumakated

What about Mississippi, Alabama, West Virginia and Kentucky? Parts of those states look worse than a third world country and those people aren't even homeless. Democrats and liberals at fault there as well?

You are talking rural vs urban. Yes, there are some poor rural areas. However, in some ways many of those people are far more self-sufficient and better off. $25k/yr in some of those states is like $75k in CA. In addition, when you look at CA, it is a collapse of social norms. Sh*tting on sidewalks? Homeless camps? Illegal aliens running around all over the place?

Not quite the same thing as rural poverty imho.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: game over man

There really isn't. But there is at the same time.

California is a well oiled corporate monopoly, it's a cash cow for investors and ultra rich, don't let the Democrat strong hold tell you otherwise, Trump lowing taxes has only made it worse.
Even the people who work in the high paying jobs live out of their cars, and it doesn't help that all the of west coast is plagued by foreign investors buying up real estate.

Also, cali, isn't the only state that looks like a third world nation.

I just looked at a Bay area's restaurant menu, and a steak dinner is $65 for two...that's not so expensive, and what a view!

Debunked! Street tacos for $1.00, Cali is cheap! You have to be kidding right? Some random restaurant has dinner for two @ $65 and the whole State becomes affordable? LOL

WTF you on about?

www.tripadvisor.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   

a reply to: strongfp

Trump and his cult followers brag about the best economy the US has ever seen, factual or not and then news like this comes out. The Trump party also thinks homelessness is included in the unemployment category.

So Trump is responsible for mismanaged #eholes that Dems have been running for decades?

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Ya don't say

There is a pattern, Nationwide, but CA has it's share

edit on 262020 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
California is an example of layers and layers and years and years of leftist policies that have failed and people have compounded those failures until we see what we see.

I think it has more to do with California having nice weather, which brings more people here. If you're going to be homeless, better to be here than Chicago or New York. Much less likely to freeze to death. And food literally falls off trees into the streets here. I'm not sure it would be any better if it was run like Utah or some other conservative state. Give me an example of a conservative state where all of those problems have been solved.

And let's not forget that a lot of social problems California has now link directly back to ol' conservative Ronnie Reagan who thought that the best place for mentally ill people was out on those same streets that are now being used as toilets. So... way to go, Gipper.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   
You ever notice that when you have high homeless populations you have cheap street food.. like cheap tacos and stuff? I recall a guy named Joe Methany. He ran a pork sandwich and burger stand.. and killed homeless folks as a hobby. He made some killer street food in Baltimore.

Detroit... best road side bbq ribs ever.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

I’ll concede the point only as much as policy is enabling and making it easier to be homeless

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Blue Shift

I’ll concede the point only as much as policy is enabling and making it easier to be homeless

I live in a Lib Dem area... artsy fartsy Dems to be exact. They shut down the homeless shelters but made panhandling legal. Gee... wonder what kind of effect THAT has??

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join