It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Has Become America's First Third World State

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   

California is the epitome of failure.

Let's review, almost a quarter of the population lives below the poverty lines. Another fifth are near the poverty line.

California has the highest population in the nation (135,000) and a shocking 22% of all of the nation's homeless population live in California.

California Has Become America's First Third World State

One of CA's own radio stations is saying what a lot of people already know.

Dues to the expert political and financial leadership shown by the CA governor and many of it's mayor's, the once beautiful state of CA has become a sh#t hole. I used to live there in the 80's and it was a beautiful place to live.

It's a national tragedy now....

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter

California has the highest population in the nation (135,000)

Huh!....40 million more like.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Everyone is broke in California, you need a lot of money to live there because they have such a high cost of living. I would never move there. Fifteen bucks an hour is a decent job here, there it is just barely enough to be able to survive.

I think they need to get new people running that state.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   
What is the correlation of this thread and Trump's booming economy?

+20 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

In 1982, my parents took us to Disneyland, we stayed in the Ramada Inn, in Anaheim for a few days before taking off to Knott's Berry Farm, Magic Mountain, off to San Fran and Las Vegas.

That's when I fell in love with America - beautiful, super friendly people, BMX's everywhere and Coke served in buckets - as a 12 year old, it was paradise.

I'm just gonna leave it at that - its my memory of California.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

There really isn't. But there is at the same time.

California is a well oiled corporate monopoly, it's a cash cow for investors and ultra rich, don't let the Democrat strong hold tell you otherwise, Trump lowing taxes has only made it worse.
Even the people who work in the high paying jobs live out of their cars, and it doesn't help that all the of west coast is plagued by foreign investors buying up real estate.

Also, cali, isn't the only state that looks like a third world nation.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Trump and his cult followers brag about the best economy the US has ever seen, factual or not and then news like this comes out. The Trump party also thinks homelessness is included in the unemployment category.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Slightly Offensive has been doing quite a bit of coverage on Democrat run states that are turning into complete sh#t.

Nancy Pelosi's Poop City

Kinda funny, but also rather disturbing lol

They try to clean the cities, but then there's a bunch of idiots protesting the clean ups.
edit on 6-2-2020 by IrateCanadian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

California is a well oiled corporate monopoly, it's a cash cow for investors and ultra rich, don't let the Democrat strong hold tell you otherwise, Trump lowing taxes has only made it worse.
Even the people who work in the high paying jobs live out of their cars, and it doesn't help that all the of west coast is plagued by foreign investors buying up real estate.

I just looked at a Bay area's restaurant menu, and a steak dinner is $65 for two...that's not so expensive, and what a view!

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: Riffrafter

California has the highest population in the nation (135,000)

Huh!....40 million more like.

Good catch - it's straight from the article.

Maybe it was referring to the number of homeless people?

I have no idea.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

I just looked at a Bay area's restaurant menu, and a steak dinner is $65 for two...that's not so expensive, and what a view!

Debunked! Street tacos for $1.00, Cali is cheap! You have to be kidding right? Some random restaurant has dinner for two @ $65 and the whole State becomes affordable? LOL

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man

I don't know.

Why don't you enlighten us?

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Native here. Lived here my whole life. Been fortunate to live within 30 minutes to the coast the entirety.

It’s still glorious AF. But yeah. It ain’t what it use to be

If it weren’t for my unique position and family, I’d be #135,001... lol that number is super low btw.

I’ve always wondered how do you accurately count the homeless (especially here) when there is no forwarding address to reach them? Like is there a homeless census?
Does some guy with an MP5, biohazard suit, and a clipboard get under every train trestle, drainage pipe, alley & park?

I love my state. I’ve seen it bagged on time and again here on ATS, MSM and, everyone else that isn’t part of the land of Fruits and Nuts. It hurts. But the truth hurts

I’m not sure what the answers are, but it’s no mystery why people are leaving in droves. And it ain’t just cost of living

edit on 6-2-2020 by slatesteam because: Ouch

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   

No, Cali isn't the only state or city. We also have Portland, OR... Seattle, WA. Now Austin, TX. The one thing in common is Democrat and liberal leadership / policies....

+12 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Ask yourself, with what is arguably the USA's best economy ever, why would California be having problems?

The answer is pretty obvious.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

i read it like that too, 135k is the HOMELESS population...it is written weird.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Take a look at what all those places main GDP brings to their cities. Portland for example is a niche manufacturing area, and 'medical' business.

At the end of the day, most places with rampant inequality or poverty as cities that have either been abandoned by banana republics (Detroit) or currently are one. This isn't a democrat problem, or a republican one, it's just america as a whole, sold out by both.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

What about Mississippi, Alabama, West Virginia and Kentucky? Parts of those states look worse than a third world country and those people aren't even homeless. Democrats and liberals at fault there as well?

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   
A first first world third world state? Okay, we'll run with the convoluted title and agree on the premise that CA is having some problems.

The reasons are likely less simplistic than one party rule as it is demonstrable that both political parties contain complete and utter idiots.

While criticism of one party as ineffective and arguing over irrelevant particulars is accurate, the other parties' ignorant hostility, reliance on prayer over education and recent reactionary personality cultism doesn't fare any better... at all.

An interesting approach would be less factional fighting and more united problem solving, but , that's always a bit dull and would involve the very government involvement that one party disparages.

Guess we could pray?

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Nope. A wrong Democrat state administration.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join