It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think 666 represents?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2003 @ 09:57 AM
link   
This site is very informative and in basic words so its very easy to understand where, why and what 666 number came about.

www.666man.net...

good reading!

"May he be with you always"

blackwidow666

posted on Jul, 11 2003 @ 09:59 AM
link   
the number of cheesecakes I ate in one sitting during a pre-rain season mateing ritual I voluntered for. People please, don't try to eat that much cheese cake...

posted on Jul, 11 2003 @ 01:10 PM
link   
The halo is the third six
the crown is the second
and the ring is the first.

You can draw 3 triangles. place 1 digit in each corner. You use all 9. If you add them down to one each triangle adds up to 6. 666 in egyptian style. The great Red Pharoah dragon. Osiris

BTW you can place a crosson the base of the 3 triangles of pyramids if you will. You can carry the numbers across. The apex of the 3 equals. 12, add to one you get 3. If you add the base together you get 33. Interesting number huh? Add to one you get 6. And as you know if you add the 3, 6's you get 18. Add to one you get 9. So if you put all of these on the right side of the cross you 369 a goose drank wine. This is fashion is a key. Thus the Key to Hell.

[Edited on 11-7-2003 by cainecrawford]

[Edited on 11-7-2003 by cainecrawford]

posted on Jul, 11 2003 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Caincraford as I understand the Osiran system of belief is differed greatly from Setian traditions (as in Set) which suggested that Ra (God) expected human sacrifices.

Any thoughts?

posted on Jul, 11 2003 @ 09:44 PM
link   
666 = a man = symbolism for MANkind.

Just one of "countless" meanings

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 11 2003 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I dunnno what that is? Is that a lottery number?

posted on Jul, 11 2003 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Many numbers in the bible have symbolic meaning.

Seven symbolises completeness and perfection. Hence the creation was compleated in seven days.

Twelve also, is another number that symbolises completeness, the 12 tribers of Israel.

Three often indicated completeness, the comos (heaven, Earth and the underworld) the trinity and the three main parts of the santuary.

Six, a number that falls short of seven, and thus not perfect.

The mark of the beast is a threefold number of six, symbolising compleate imperfection.

At the time Paul wrote Revelation, Nero was in power. Numerically he was beleived to be the antichrist.

The number twelve in Revelation seems to have particular importance, New Jerusalem had twelve gates, the walls had twelve foundations, the tree of life yeilded twelve kinds of fruit. Half of twelve is six, hence incomplete.

Note the multiples of these numbers are also symbolic.

Note also the the latin symbols on the popes lapels have a numerical value of 666 (vicar of christ)

The numbers themselves mean stuff all IMHO, what they symbolise is more important. Many peoples name and company names will have a numerical value of 666.
If you beleive this is the numerical value of the antichrist, you must also beleive that only 144,000 people will go the Heaven. Another symbolic numer 12,000 people from each of the twelve tribes of Isreal.
Stuff all isn't it when you consider how many people have lived and died and are to live and die in the past and the future.

posted on Jul, 11 2003 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarkosOrrealus
I dunnno what that is? Is that a lottery number?

Could be the one!!

Maddas, that is the info I was looking for.

[Edited on 12-7-2003 by Tyriffic]

posted on Jul, 11 2003 @ 10:58 PM
link   
The ancient Hebrew number for 6 looked like the modern version of this: 'w'

Would it not be semi-logical to conclude that www would = 666?

Would not it be further semi-logical to conclude that the internet is the 'beast' or perhaps the 'tool' of ......?

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 12-7-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Jul, 11 2003 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Wel metallists saay it represents Heavy Metal but i dont believe it,its just 3 numbers to me.

posted on Jul, 11 2003 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Here is a link which offers several alternatives..

www.aloha.net...

posted on Jul, 12 2003 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toltec

www.aloha.net...

Toltec....

I had notes of this but didn't want to post for fear of being negative towards any one church or ideas.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 12 2003 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

www.aloha.net...

Toltec....

I had notes of this but didn't want to post for fear of being negative towards any one church or ideas.

regards
seekerof

This at a guess would be propagana from the seventh day adventist church ( dare I say Cult). It was from a pamphlet from this group that I found the information for the lapels of the Pope. However their translation of his title was Vicar to God, not the actual Vicar to Christ that it is.

If you are interested you should do some research oin to this religions doctrines and beleif system. They are very much like the Jehova Witnesses and mormans.

posted on Jul, 12 2003 @ 09:24 AM
link   
No one really ever responded to the question "what if the number is NOT 666?"

"In most translations of this Holy Text the number of the beast is given as 666. However, as it states in Footnote G, of the Revised Standard Version, to Revelation 13:18 "other ancient authorities read six hundred and sixteen (616)."

posted on Jul, 12 2003 @ 01:28 PM
link   
neato 666 math
a very unique number, 666
i think 666 is a number which "evil" resonates with. all interpretations are valid. the bar code, gematria, time, geometry, etc... in my opinion it has something to do with our perception of time and reality. it's a frequency. the frequency of mankind. here's some english gematria.

posted on Jul, 12 2003 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Maddas the link was one several which offered even more alternatives.

Christ by all accounts with respect to Christianity in general is God as a result to argue against it is more a matter of preference rather than, any real reason to say it is wrong because the group which presents it is considered a cult.

The site itself does reflect content which could be applied towards alternatives (aiding in the quest) such as Hebrew and Greek translation with respect to the numbers and letters. For instance in the case of Vahall's query the site acts as a recourse.

posted on Jul, 12 2003 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maddas

Originally posted by Seekerof

www.aloha.net...

Toltec....

regards
seekerof

This at a guess would be propagana from the seventh day adventist church ( dare I say Cult). It was from a pamphlet from this group that I found the information for the lapels of the Pope. However their translation of his title was Vicar to God, not the actual Vicar to Christ that it is.

If you are interested you should do some research oin to this religions doctrines and beleif system. They are very much like the Jehova Witnesses and mormans.

As you wish to interpret as such Maddas....more power to ya.

They tell me that "Truth" hurts....makes me wonder....especially in light of what you have said.

And as Toltec said and I have said.........there are "countless" interpretations of the number 666....

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 12-7-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Was just a statement. (re: seventh day adventist church). Would you say it is just as important to understand where an idea, theory or information has its grounding. Can help in asertaining which idea you are going to accept. And in doing so learn the other theologies and institution's.

Anyway more to the point I mentioned it because I find researching these cultic christian religions and there theology and institutions interesting, even if they are in my opinion ignorant. But I stress now that, that is my opinion.

[Edited on 13-7-2003 by Maddas]

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Well I had a lengthy discussion a long time back.

Where 11.6 is the equivalent in Babylonian numbers, babylon being key to "satan" and so 116AD was when a lot was going on with Rome against the Church, and that's about the theorized time revelations was written so presto...a good idea about where 666 came from....a code to criticize Rome.

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Man in our society. The number of a man:
Six is imperfection. The body temperature of man is 37�C and we are grown up and called into manhood when we are 18 years old. 37x18=666.

18yearolds aren't grownup enough to vote.

We should not be allowed to vote until we are 24. When most people are finished with their education and have a stabile view of the world and society. Geometry: 888, the geometry of Christ.

Money in our system. You'll need the mark to buy and sell:
1+5+10+50+100+500=666
The principal geometry of our monatary systems is 666.

We should be allowed to exchange services and use alternative ways of payment and taxation. As it is now, we aren't allowed to exchange services without putting a price on the services and pay taxes.

Ask yourselves who and what is behind this system of manhood and money. Are they the same who say that man is the product of evolution, not creation? The people who says we are animals? Who says that the dinosaurs (dragons) now rule the sky as birds? Who says life evolved from the sea? By the way, nazis now trust Odin for power. They believe the two first people on Earth were Ask and Embla. The highest neo-nazi in Norway is called a prophet by his followers, and says himself that he is indeed a prophet and baptizes children in the name of Odin, the one eyed king and miracle man who went from Kazhakstan to Denmark a couple of thousand of years ago. Who is now soil; dead and buried.

Blessings in Christ,
Mikromarius

[Edited on 13-7-2003 by mikromarius]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join