It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think 666 represents?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Greetings,

I'd like to start a new thread on the number 666. The number of the beast.

What is it?
Is this for real?
Isn't this related to Rome during the religious persecution?

Did you know the William Gates III adds up to 666 in ASCII coding if you add the first parts of his name and add 3 for the 3rd generation? Does this have any significance? or is it reaching a bit far?

What do you think?

~Jammer

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Every man has a number.

www.aloha.net...

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 02:34 PM
link   
*I am not a number, I am a free man* taken from Iron Maidens song, and I firmly stand my ground upon it..

As far as the number 666 goes however, I do think there is some meaning behind it, though I don't think it has to do with a certain person..because too many people could add up to 666. Could be coincidence or could be just one out of the million that it carries true meaning for? It is as mysterious as the rest of the questionable entries in the bible and throughout time..there is a significance..but what that is, remains to be seen and shall unfold before all eyes when the time comes..

Right now though, I'm in no position to even opinionate on it. I'm having trouble with the number one for crying out loud. That's 665 more numbers for me to find meaning and figure out

Magestica

I wait anxiously though, for everyone elses replies..ya never know..what one might come up with..

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Wow, that's a lot to digest!

Could you please give me your summary of your posted link? Which part did you agree with? What do YOU think 666 represents?

Of course, if you wrote the paper in the linked reference you may defer back to it

In Peace,

~Jammer

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by magestica
*I am not a number, I am a free man* taken from Iron Maidens song, and I firmly stand my ground upon it..

As far as the number 666 goes however, I do think there is some meaning behind it, though I don't think it has to do with a certain person..because too many people could add up to 666. Could be coincidence or could be just one out of the million that it carries true meaning for? It is as mysterious as the rest of the questionable entries in the bible and throughout time..there is a significance..but what that is, remains to be seen and shall unfold before all eyes when the time comes..

Right now though, I'm in no position to even opinionate on it. I'm having trouble with the number one for crying out loud. That's 665 more numbers for me to find meaning and figure out

Magestica

I wait anxiously though, for everyone elses replies..ya never know..what one might come up with..

'Number of the Beast'

The Prisoner....I'm not that old hahaha!
Maybe the question is-Who is #1??? lol
You either believe it or not........

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jammerman
Wow, that's a lot to digest!

Could you please give me your summary of your posted link? Which part did you agree with? What do YOU think 666 represents?

Of course, if you wrote the paper in the linked reference you may defer back to it

In Peace,

~Jammer

Wow...if I wrote that I'd be too busy to chit chat with all here!!!

I think the number is what John says it is in the Revalation. One can conjecture and hypothesize forever on to ad infinitum and never find a good explanition to replace what Revalation states.

This man will be indwelt with the spirit of Satan himself.
He will be able to perform miracles that will decieve even christians who lack faith. He will be the master of witchcraft and the black arts.

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Perhaps 666 is a symbol for triple **** chain sessions between bush cheney and rumsfeld ?

[Edited on 11-7-2003 by Toltec]

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 04:14 PM
link   
The number "666" has WAY to many explanations. Which particular "flavor of the month" were you looking for?

Again......the number "666" has multitudes of explanations and interpretations.........

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 04:16 PM
link   
seekerof,
any coorilation between the counting symbology of god, and ancient hebrew numbering systems? and of course the nephilim...

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Hey Maxwell,

Thanks for the laugh! The image that drew both made me laugh and feel horror at the same time.

~Jammer

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Seriously though, "666" has countless interpretations...its almost sickening when one really looks into the number and the explanations of the interpretations.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I personally think that the number 666 is the numerological value of the antichrists name. That would truly be the Beast's number.

posted on Jul, 11 2003 @ 04:54 AM
link   
The Bible says: "This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man's number. His number is 666."

Traditional Interpretation:

By gematria (numerical values of Hebrew letters) Nero Caesar was a candidate. There have been many others. Who else have they been? Are you one?

Alternative Case:

What if were right, but it all got screwed up by some incompetent Editor with little grasp of the Hindu-Arabic system.

You know, the kind of sucker who can only read and write numbers the same way that you see George W Bush (people's choice for Antichrist of the year) as he read the goat book to infants while passenger planes are tragically piloted into landmark buildings killing thousands.

* The moment is passed. The window is closed. The secret is safe forevermore. *

[Edited on 11-7-2003 by MaskedAvatar]

[Edited on 12-7-2003 by MaskedAvatar]

[Edited on 13-7-2003 by MaskedAvatar]

[Edited on 14-7-2003 by MaskedAvatar]

[Edited on 14-7-2003 by MaskedAvatar]

[Edited on 15-7-2003 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Jul, 11 2003 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Megaquad,

By all accounts and logical thought The Revelation would have been originally recorded in Greek.

Reasons?

1.) John was born, raised and died under the Roman Empire.
2.) Even though John may have very well been able to write it in Hebrew, his audience was not Hebrew so why would he have?

Now, my question is (with that aside)...what's every body gone do when MA is right and the number is NOT 666?

posted on Jul, 11 2003 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Isn't 666 (post christ) something to do with Saint John?

posted on Jul, 11 2003 @ 05:53 AM
link   
You mean other than the fact John wrote The Revelation?

Please expound.

posted on Jul, 11 2003 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Heh heh...

you will have to excuse me, but there are so many johns in christianity (and i dont mean toilets
)

i cant remember exactly where i heard this but didnt john have a dream in which the number 666 features (hence revelations, right?)

it is a very interesting subject, anyway...

posted on Jul, 11 2003 @ 06:02 AM
link   
MA,

Reply to your post in other thread on my statements above concerning John.

Apply logic, man! There is absolutely no reason to believe that John was not raised to read and write Greek as his FIRST language as part of the realm of the Roman Empire (which Galilee was...hello!).

John was a citizen of the Roman Empire, just as Jesus and just as all the other apostles were.

There is no reason to believe that Jesus didn't speak in Greek whenever his audience was appropriate to it. This was NOT a closed little region. It was under Roman rule, and it's citizens were Roman citizens, whether they were Jewish or gentile.

posted on Jul, 11 2003 @ 09:36 AM
link   
ONe question: Is the Book of Revalations included in ALL Bibles? That being Catholic, King James, and all other versions?

I seem to recall there being some controversy about Revalations being included in the Bible to begin with......

posted on Jul, 11 2003 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I have 6's tattoo's of 666 number of the beast of my body, reason?

i was born on the 6 day, 6 month of 66

and am very much into the black-art's

blackwidow666

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join