It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The year 2020 is when our Constitution finally got flushed down the toilet

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Of course it was sham. The whole impeachment affair was a crooked fantasy, and was used against Trump and the Republican party as a form of character assassination. It was meant to beguile people's minds against the republican party and the President, but ultimately, they couldn't actually impeach him, because each party knows the dirt on the other, and both can sling mud that will stick.

In fact the impeachment charade was like the Iran missile salvo that was never meant to harm any Americans, it was just a show of 'something' for the minds of the Iranian people. It didn't have any teeth.

The democrat party has to somehow persuade voters away from Trump, so they appeal to American naivety. They basically treat the American public as non-thinking fools, because the democrat party thought it could trick the American people with their impeachment ruse. Of course, the members of each party are as bad as one another, but Trump was elected president because he was the lesser worse choice for the American people to vote for. Clinton is so toxic she'd have poisoned the American nation for many years, and her and her cronies would have personally profited in their usual way.

Nevertheless, America has fallen into a tyranny, a somewhat benign one for now, but it will turn quite totalitarian eventually, as successive government administrations seek to impose ever greater control over you all...for your security benefit. Bear in mind, it's not just America, all the developed western nations are undergoing the very same tyranny to totalitarianism in step with America, and it will all converge. At the moment each country is applying different aspects of the globalist infrastructure. The surveillance infrastructure is the most blatant sign of the coming totalitarianism, and once it is in place proper, it will be very hard to shift. Not a single gun owner will do a single act against it.

America is turning from the 'land of the free, and the home of the brave', to the 'land of enslaved, and the home of the weak'.
edit on 6/2/20 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: elysiumfire
Of course it was sham. The whole impeachment affair was a crooked fantasy, and was used against Trump and the Republican party as a form of character assassination. It was meant to beguile people's minds against the republican party and the President, but ultimately, they couldn't actually impeach him, because each party knows the dirt on the other, and both can sling mud that will stick.

In fact the impeachment charade was like the Iran missile salvo that was never meant to harm any Americans, it was just a show of 'something' for the minds of the Iranian people. It didn't have any teeth.

The democrat party has to somehow persuade voters away from Trump, so they appeal to American naivety. They basically treat the American public as non-thinking fools, because the democrat party thought it could trick the American people with their impeachment ruse. Of course, the members of each party are as bad as one another, but Trump was elected president because he was the lesser worse choice for the American people to vote for. Clinton is so toxic she'd have poisoned the American nation for many years, and her and her cronies would have personally profited in their usual way.

Nevertheless, America has fallen into a tyranny, a somewhat benign one for now, but it will turn quite totalitarian eventually, as successive government administrations seek to impose ever greater control over you all...for your security benefit. Bear in mind, it's not just America, all the developed western nations are undergoing the very same tyranny to totalitarianism in step with America, and it will all converge. At the moment each country is applying different aspects of the globalist infrastructure. The surveillance infrastructure is the most blatant sign of the coming totalitarianism, and once it is in place proper, it will be very hard to shift. Not a single gun owner will do a single act against it.

America is turning from the 'land of the free, and the home of the brave', to the 'land of enslaved, and the home of the weak'.

I think that if you look to history, America abolished slavery very late in the piece. Also, it's current incarceration rates show that it is probably one of the least 'free' countries in the world (in terms of the personal liberty of its citizens). Even in fiscal terms, nothing is really 'free' in America.

And, while there are, and have been many brave Americans, there are and have been many American cowards. America does not have any special social standing in that regard.

So the whole "land of the free and home of the brave" is just jingoist nationalist nonsense and has been since Francis Scott Key penned it in a 'wild-West' America with crime, poverty, slavery, and vast injustice.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut
a reply to: dfnj2015

It says in the Constitution that after impeachment there is a trial before the Senate.

Surely at a trial you examine evidence and take witness testimony? Surely a fair trial is to determine if someone acted as alleged in the charges? To acquit or convict based on party allegiance is a travesty against the Constitution.

What happened in the Senate was not a trial.

A Senate trial is not the same as a trial you see on a TV show.
There is no requirement to call additional witnessess. The rules were followed.
The Impeachment managers were allowed to bring forward all the testimony from their witnesses.
A vote on additional witnesses was actually allowed but they were denied by a majority in the Senate.

It sounds to me like you want, in this case, the MINORITY party in the Senate, who had just brought a partisan impeachment from the House, to dictate the rules. In other words, reagrdless of who the PEOPLE have placed in Congress, you want your party to dictate everything.

Well, tough luck.

The Constitution worked beautifully once again- a partisan impeachment with zero evidence of any crime and a bunch of accusations claiming the nebulous abuse of power was thrown out - just as it should have been.

Every time you losers chalk up another one in the loss column, you whine and whine and whine - then attack the constitution and institutions whilst claiming your worried about them. It's really pathetic and very very transparent.

edit on 6/2/2020 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

This really didn't start in the White House.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

originally posted by: neformore

You may very well be right, but honestly, your post here isn't going to change a damn thing or anyone's mind who is part of the ongoing Trump circle jerk.

You'd be better off talking to a wall.

The Trump circle jerk, replaced the Obama circle jerk and so it goes. There will be both Democrat and Republican Presidents in the future thanks to us having elections.

Personally I have hope that soon we will see moderate Independents in Congress and the White House. The Democrat's and Republicans have held us back for far too long. It would be nice to see a message of unity and optimism, rather than the partisan vitriol and spreading of hate.

I really can't see an independent as US President. The parties have entrenched positions and vocal detractors and evangelists who can swamp the electorate with so much noise that the voice of reason can barely be heard.

Perhaps if one of the prime candidates broke away from their party while campaigning, they would have platform enough to carry through?

Perot came close until his paranoia got him. One can hope.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: NorthOfStuff

If the free press is supposedly anti-Trump, you must have learned about all those "vile things" from some other source.

What is the source of your information about the "vile things" that the Dems have supposed to have done?

Nancy, Chuck, and Adam’s projection.

From the horses mouth so to speak.

The 'projection' that you see on the media is also partisan and very brief. It is clearly being propagandized.

I agree that both “sides” employ propaganda as their tool of their trades.

I also believe that partisanship was on display in BOTH the House and the Senate.

Where I have a problem is with the double standards in relation to the Constitution. It is obvious to me, and I am not an American, that the Dems and some of the Repubs have a hate on for this President and they are using the Constitution as a tool like never before.

Nearly all of the past Presidents that I can think of have strayed from their mandate one way or another. Trump has done nothing worse than they have done yet the media outrage and politicization of the impeachment process is unprecedented.

I didn’t like Bush, Obama, or my very own Trudeau. They have all done some shady stuff. Why the over the top outrage with Trump?

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

I don't see us losing the final word anytime soon.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

It says in the Constitution that after impeachment there is a trial before the Senate.

Surely at a trial you examine evidence and take witness testimony? Surely a fair trial is to determine if someone acted as alleged in the charges? To acquit or convict based on party allegiance is a travesty against the Constitution.

What happened in the Senate was not a trial.

A Senate trial is not the same as a trial you see on a TV show.
There is no requirement to call additional witnessess. The rules were followed.
The Impeachment managers were allowed to bring forward all the testimony from their witnesses.

But not the witnesses themselves. You cannot cross-examine a piece of paper.

A vote on additional witnesses was actually allowed but they were denied by a majority in the Senate.

It sounds to me like you want, in this case, the MINORITY party in the Senate, who had just brought a partisan impeachment from the House, to dictate the rules. In other words, reagrdless of who the PEOPLE have placed in Congress, you want your party to dictate everything.

It wasn't supposed to be about party allegiance. It was supposed to be a trial.

Well, tough luck.

The Constitution worked beautifully once again- a partisan impeachment with zero evidence of any crime and a bunch of accusations claiming the nebulous abuse of power was thrown out - just as it should have been.

There was evidence and two articles of impeachment. It was thrown out along party lines. Now there are those who are suggesting that the Republican senators who wanted to actually evaluate the charges are "traitors to the party and to Trump".

How messed up is that?

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

You are, of course, correct.

Its two sides of the same coin. The people who use terms like TDS all had OBS, and are as mentally ill (supposedly) as those they currently decry, with their heads buried deep in partisan BS.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

You should rekindle ATS Radio.

I used to love you on that but I understand that it might be a little scary for you nowadays.

Scary? Nah. Different viewpoints make up the world. And you should remember, I'm English so that means I'm always right anyway

I honestly don't think there would be a demand for it. The topic pool has gone the way of the Aral Sea.

That and I enjoy sleeping between 1am and 5am on a Sunday morning (my time). 5 years of crazy sleep schedules was enough!

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   

there were no witnesses and no requested documents submitted as evidence.

EXACTLY!!!! That's what we've been trying to tell you crazy dems this whole....

oh wait. You mean Trump. Of course you do. I'm not buying that.

I think the way that Justice works is.... You have a problem with me - the proof of burden lies on you.... Not me.

You know, that whole innocent until guilty thing. You know... Like the constitutional laws we are 'allowed' to live by from our 'government'.

Hah Hah.. Haha. Hahaha.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

Amen to that. Politics has become a sporting event, which is sad for us all.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore

You should rekindle ATS Radio.

I used to love you on that but I understand that it might be a little scary for you nowadays.

Scary? Nah. Different viewpoints make up the world. And you should remember, I'm English so that means I'm always right anyway

I honestly don't think there would be a demand for it. The topic pool has gone the way of the Aral Sea.

That and I enjoy sleeping between 1am and 5am on a Sunday morning (my time). 5 years of crazy sleep schedules was enough!

Oh wow, I just noticed you arent my overlord anymore. I mean.... now I can pick on you. Oh how far the mighty has fallen. A commoner. A peon.
Ill Be watching you and your perfect grammar and spelling for ANY mistakes from here on out. ( as if Id catch it anyway! )

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I think that if you look to history, America abolished slavery very late in the piece. Also, it's current incarceration rates show that it is probably one of the least 'free' countries in the world (in terms of the personal liberty of its citizens). Even in fiscal terms, nothing is really 'free' in America.

And, while there are, and have been many brave Americans, there are and have been many American cowards. America does not have any special social standing in that regard.

So the whole "land of the free and home of the brave" is just jingoist nationalist nonsense and has been since Francis Scott Key penned it in a 'wild-West' America with crime, poverty, slavery, and vast injustice.

... and that my friends is why its ok for our government to try and take away our ability to vote for our representatives, because we aren't really free anyway so why should it even matter.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   

This really didn't start in the White House.

No, it all started a billion years ago when the first proto-cell began to divide.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   

vimeo.com...

I'd implore you to watch till the end.

I get that you're sad and angry. However, you should lay the blame at the feet of the Democrats for being just bad lawyers and managers.

Four. More. Years.

Oh, and I'm hearing that some Dems are now calling for Pelosi (you like her and think she's doing a great job) to resign.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Next time tell the DNC to do it right, actually let the judicial branch do its part and make certain that everyone they wanted to call is able to be called instead of rushing to an impeachment and declaring victory without actually getting people with direct knowledge into the witness chair.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Wrong.

America was the second Country in history, to abolish slavery.

Do a search, prove me wrong. You can't.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Every time you losers chalk up another one in the loss column, you whine and whine and whine - then attack the constitution and institutions whilst claiming your worried about them. It's really pathetic and very very transparent.

Ya know what just kills me for these ... losers?

President Trump is the most investigated man to ever be called an American. And ya know what ... they got nothing on him.

Nothing.

If they'd had something that would stand up in a court of law ... President Trump would be behind bars. It's all been a very failed witch hunt ... and people ought to be ashamed for buying into the hype.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
a reply to: Blue Shift

I don't see us losing the final word anytime soon.

You could be right. Unfortunately, those extremists are a noisy bunch and what they lack in numbers they make up for by being louder and more aggressively annoying. I'll know the moderates are gaining ground when the liberals and conservatives start making up dumb names. Middle-of-the Road Moddopes! MORons! Lukewarmers! Why did the chicken stop in the middle of the road? To get run over from both directions!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join