It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The year 2020 is when our Constitution finally got flushed down the toilet

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Trump's acquittal does not mean he is innocent. The trial was a sham. It is a sham because there were no witnesses and no requested documents submitted as evidence. The Senators are accomplices to Trump's crimes. Trump clearly broke several laws but Republicans show their true colors by putting their party before country. The rule-of-law, presidential oath of office, and our Constitution are no longer important to Republicans.

The underlying causes of impeachment are not going away. Trump's determination to wield sweeping unrestrained power and his refusal to accept the checks and balances our Constitution dictates means we have finally entered into dictatorship. The Constitution is now toilet paper and has been flushed down the toilet.

Republicans finally got their military style STRONG leadership they've been aiming towards all these years. Presidents are no longer accountable to the laws of our nation.

Dictatorship will have implications. Here's the thing for all you Republicans out there who think you've "won". The end of our Constitutional democracy and our new era of dictatorship may seem like good news to you.

But here's the thing. Whichever dictator jockeys himself into power there may come a time when you do not like what our dictator is doing. And since the Constitution has become toilet paper you will have no political recourse. This is the funny thing about dictatorship. When it's working for you it's great. When it's not working for you it sucks monkey balls.

Welcome to the new era of American dictatorship! People who violate loyalty pledges will be severely punished! All hail King Trump!

edit on 6-2-2020 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

(post by watchitburn removed for a manners violation)
+5 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 08:18 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

+76 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   
On the bright side, you still have four more years of President Trump. Good luck with your sanity.

+76 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of all your Reeeing.

+55 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
Trump's acquittal does not mean he is innocent. The trial was a sham. It is a sham because there were no witnesses and no requested documents submitted as evidence. The Senators are accomplices to Trump's crimes. Trump clearly broke several laws but Republicans show their true colors by putting their party before country. The rule-of-law, presidential oath of office, and our Constitution are no longer important to Republicans.

The underlying causes of impeachment are not going away. Trump's determination to wield sweeping unrestrained power and his refusal to accept the checks and balances our Constitution dictates means we have finally entered into dictatorship. The Constitution is now toilet paper and has been flushed down the toilet.

Republicans finally got their military style STRONG leadership they've been aiming towards all these years. Presidents are no longer accountable to the laws of our nation.

Dictatorship will have implications. Here's the thing for all you Republicans out there who think you've "won". The end of our Constitutional democracy and our new era of dictatorship may seem like good news to you.

But here's the thing. Whichever dictator jockeys himself into power there may come a time when you do not like what our dictator is doing. And since the Constitution has become toilet paper you will have no political recourse. This is the funny thing about dictatorship. When it's working for you it's great. When it's not working for you it sucks monkey balls.

Welcome to the new era of American dictatorship! People who violate loyalty pledges will be severely punished! All hail King Trump!

If he's guilty of crime why haven't democrats removed him from office? I mean if it's so obvious he's a criminal and committed a clear crime why isn't he in jail?? Are the democrats incompetent???

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Anathros
On the bright side, you still have four more years of President Trump. Good luck with your sanity.

I agree. There's no need to even count votes in November. You are a "good" Republican. Very loyal to your party.

I'm still amazed the Democrats were able to take control back from the House. I was convinced it would never happen again after the level of gerrymandering the Republicans did after the 2010 census. After the 2020 census the final solution should be put in.

edit on 6-2-2020 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

+54 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Would you like a little cheese with that whine?

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tekner
If he's guilty of crime why haven't democrats removed him from office? I mean if it's so obvious he's a criminal and committed a clear crime why isn't he in jail?? Are the democrats incompetent???

As I said in my OP. The Senate choose to participate in the crimes. The trial was a sham. No witnesses and no documents. Just obstruction of justice.

This is all fun and good until a Democrat does what Trump has done in the future. Then you Republicans will cry like banshees!!

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chance321
Would you like a little cheese with that whine?

I'm not sure I was whining. I'm just stating an opinion that the fundamental character of government has changed. We now live in an Article 2 dictatorship. The president is ABOVE the law and is really our King.

All hail King Trump!

I thought you would like this sentiment?

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of all your Reeeing.

Is all fun and games until a dictator jockeys into power you don't like. Then it will be YOU who is "Reeeing" whatever that means.

+43 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   
They did.

That's why we voted the leftists out of control of the White House and the Senate.

Isn't a Representative Republic great!

+24 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: Tekner

As I said in my OP. The Senate choose to participate in the crimes. The trial was a sham. No witnesses and no documents. Just obstruction of justice.

This is all fun and good until a Democrat does what Trump has done in the future. Then you Republicans will cry like banshees!!

So you're saying your team will get us next time? That is a tiring and worn out cliche at this point. As long as you embrace your current delusions on truth and reality, you will always lose and be left broken and bitter. Is that how you want to live?

+53 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 08:34 AM
link   
If Trump committed crimes, why didn't the House hearings produce any proof ?

😆 😆 😆 😆

+32 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 08:36 AM
link   

You must live in a bubble. Obama did 10 x more to warrant impeachment than Trump has, but you've probably chosen to ignore it. The Democrats are the ones that needs to worry about their double standards.

+18 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Trump clearly broke several laws but Republicans show their true colors by putting their party before country. The rule-of-law, presidential oath of office, and our Constitution are no longer important to Republicans.

Jesus wept. That coming from a Democrat.

+23 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Considering there are term limits on a president...how do you figure he is a dictator?

And I jave seen the courts strike down lots of Tmans initiatives.

All because you hate the guy dont mean you are right.

+44 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 08:38 AM
link   

You do know that it is not the Senates job to investigate, their job is to vote on the evidence giving by the House. The House which was already bias to start with by refusing to let Republicans question witness' or even call witness' is tasked with the job of investigating. Second, third, and possibly fourth hand information is not evidence it's hearsay and no courts admit hearsay statements.
As for your little remarks of dictator? What rights have we lost under President Trump? What harsh rulings has he enacted?
edit on 6-2-2020 by Chance321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Actually we have a repeat of the Clinton Impeachment here, except the house passed the articles as bipartisan and Clinton DID commit actual crimes. However, once it went to the Democrat held senate, lo and behold they acquitted him on party lines.

This is not something new, the constitution is still standing and at WORST Trump and the Repubs took one out of the Democrats historical play book.

Nothing to see here folks, move along.....

HOWEVER, I think you are right on the tyranny our Federal government had/has become under Obama, and it's not getting better.....

+51 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 08:41 AM
link   

You're pissed because the coup attempt failed and are hiding behind the Constitution that you want overturned.

IRONY LEVEL: EXPERT

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join