It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It has begun - Canadian doctors to begin killing people

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Will my life insurance still pay out if I'm terminated?

Oh ! Of course many friendly doctors, may be willing to help folks die, sign the death-certificate, or, uhmmmm..., not:
and then help the "deceased", collect the insurance money... , well, for a few measly dollars, maybe... ?
A little piece of pie for everybody !

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Archivalist
When can I sign up for MAID?

Hey Archie.
Did you ever think that: as some living folks may wish for death; may also some dead folks lust for life ?

We'll be dead, when we're dead.
Are we not alive ?
So lets just be alive, whatever that may be !

Life just is.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: PermanentWaves

Hi PW. Welcome to ATS !

What might you think about one, whom may have gotten through the torment of depression and anxiety ?

Would that be worth consideration ?

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: PermanentWaves

originally posted by: GreenGunther
When can I be put down?
Been hoping for years that assisted suicide becomes socially acceptable.

Everyone should have the right to choose.
Humanity and society sucks, it’s only fair that we all have an option to die, rather than live.

I don’t want people to have to be near death.
I want to be able to go to a doctor, and ask him to put me down... now that would be ultimate freedom.

I created an account just now to respond to this. I just wanted to say that i feel the exact same way as you do. You've already received a bit of flak from members here who tell you things like "no one's stopping you!", but that's just plain ignorance.

You shouldn't have to subject yourself to an inhumane trial-and-error death that can go wrong in so many ways, just because our current models of thinking don't support pro-choice. The very fact that every single person on this Earth doesn't have the choice to end their own lives, just goes to shows how enslaved to the system we actually are.

If you die a sad lonely old man in your sleep at the age of 90, the world considers you a "hero", but if you're young and have depression (or other severe health problems) and want to depart the world early, you're considered "spineless", "weak", and viewed as somebody that needs to be "saved" immediately. Truth is, nobody actually cares about you. Years of anxiety and depression, all worsened by experiencing how horrible human beings actually are, has taught me that.

I say to hell with anyone who denies anyone else the right to MAID.

You don't need to be old or depressed to realise the human condition sucks @ss.
Thanks for creating the account.

Our masters would suffer without their slaves, there is room in this world for happiness, you can be a healthy, happy individual, but damn it's difficult.

The modern human condition is one of instant gratification, and happiness is not an instant process, yet everyone seems to treat it as such.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

It will never change in any kind of significant manner whilst the richest 1% own half the world's wealth.

What this world requires is a paradigm shift the likes of which we have yet to experience in all of recorded history.

The human condition for most of us amounts to work, eat, sleep, rinse and repeat from the moment we are old enough to understand the conditioning we receive from birth to the moment we die, and that's if we are lucky.

Moments of spotted levity interrupted and underpinned with sadness tragedy and strife amounts to our existence, but its the only one we have, as far as we know, and life is what we make it.

We play the cards we are dealt, as best as we are taught, but the fact of the matter remains that geography and social circumstance dictates where most of our lives will lead in the world we live today.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 06:58 AM
link   
This is dangerous stuff and I said it back when they euthanized Terri Schaivo.
Depopulation and Georgia Guidestones anybody ?

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Gotta love clickbait titles.

We all die one day. Honestly why does it matter how quick and by what method you get there?

Now if doctors were legally going around and just killing people at random, sure make a scene. But when someone says "Well I'm 98, everyone I know is dead, my body is failing and I am done with life because this aint living." and then seek out assistance to end their own life, a choice they have made themselves. Then no it's not "Canadian doctors to begin killing people" unless you want to be a technical nit picking a-hole to push your viewpoints and agendas.

I think letting people pick when they want to exit this place is a lot better and humane than taking that same person and strapping them to a bed, sedating them so they cannot escape, just to keep them alive for a few extra weeks or months in suffering before they die any way.

I saw this first hand. Sickened me I was powerless to stop it. Friends 86 year old father just buried his 3 year old grand daughter and she drowned, his best mate the girls other grand father had died a couple of weeks earlier.
His days were spent sitting on a chair on his porch watching the world pass by.

My wife and I had been helping transport people to the little girls funeral, and he opened up to me about what was the point anymore, when someone as old as him lives when a small child dies.
His friends were gone, his wife was gone, and his children were much younger than you might expect from a man his age and weren't as connected as a younger man and his family might be.
He felt like he was just a burden. He had all he could get from life and what it had left to offer him he didn't want.
He made clear to me he wished he could just go to sleep and not wake up.

2 days later he had a stoke. Off to the hospital. He was of sound mind, and kept trying to get out of bed, trying to pull out the drips and just wanted to 'go home and die' peacefully, in his own bed.

Doctors and families response? As above, tied him to the bed, sedated him, fed him through a tube.

The whole show was about other peoples feelings, his kids, the doctors, not a single damn about the quality of life. Thanks to being drugged he couldn't talk, or do anything.

Instead he is kept pretty much a vegetable for the next 3 weeks, until he does eventually die.
Instead of peacefully at home while taking a nap in his own bed, he was basically tortured and suffered for the last few weeks of his life.
What a wonderful end to a long well earned life hey?

If you think it's wrong to let people choose for themselves to end their own suffering like that, instead of leaving in peace and without pain, for god, for your feelz, for anything. Then in my eyes that makes you an inhuman piece of #.
Convince me otherwise.

What is to be gained from making old sickly people suffer longer with medicine?
Your imaginary sky fairy friends favor? To appease your own morals and mind?
Is that the kind of thing you think your 'loving god' would want?

End of the day, I don't care if people kill themselves. No shortage of humans on this planet and we all die one day. It's the one true equalizer of all humans, from royalty to paupers, Death don't care about your social status, it loves and claims us all equally.

So yeah tell me, if I chose to kill myself right now, what business is it of yours and why? How does my choice impact you?
Sure it would upset my kids, but they know me, they love me. Who am I to you Mr/Mrs Random do gooder from the other side of the world I never met?

Why does your opinion on my life take precedence over my own decisions?

Would you like it if I came to your house and started telling you what to do with your limited time on this planet?

Would you be praisn' jeebus if you had painful terminal cancer and life was a nightmare, but I was there saying 'no no, it's what god wants, just hold on and suffer more...."

# me, how is this even a conversation in this day and age among a so called intelligent species?

tl;dr: # off and mind your own business busy bodies. Such matters and decisions should be a subject matter for only those directly involved, especially the person whose life it is. Not yours, not mine.
You people are exactly why we're stagnating as a species.

It's not about the 'patient' it's all about YOU. Be honest.
edit on 10-2-2020 by AtomicKangaroo because: typos and stuff!

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Hippocratic Oath

ὄμνυμι Ἀπόλλωνα ἰητρὸν καὶ Ἀσκληπιὸν καὶ Ὑγείαν καὶ Πανάκειαν καὶ θεοὺς πάντας τε καὶ πάσας, ἵστορας ποιεύμενος, ἐπιτελέα ποιήσειν κατὰ δύναμιν καὶ κρίσιν ἐμὴν ὅρκον τόνδε καὶ συγγραφὴν τήνδε:

ἡγήσεσθαι μὲν τὸν διδάξαντά με τὴν τέχνην ταύτην ἴσα γενέτῃσιν ἐμοῖς, καὶ βίου κοινώσεσθαι, καὶ χρεῶν χρηΐζοντι μετάδοσιν ποιήσεσθαι, καὶ γένος τὸ ἐξ αὐτοῦ ἀδελφοῖς ἴσον ἐπικρινεῖν ἄρρεσι, καὶ διδάξειν τὴν τέχνην ταύτην, ἢν χρηΐζωσι μανθάνειν, ἄνευ μισθοῦ καὶ συγγραφῆς, παραγγελίης τε καὶ ἀκροήσιος καὶ τῆς λοίπης ἁπάσης μαθήσιος μετάδοσιν ποιήσεσθαι υἱοῖς τε ἐμοῖς καὶ τοῖς τοῦ ἐμὲ διδάξαντος, καὶ μαθητῇσι συγγεγραμμένοις τε καὶ ὡρκισμένοις νόμῳ ἰητρικῷ, ἄλλῳ δὲ οὐδενί.

διαιτήμασί τε χρήσομαι ἐπ᾽ ὠφελείῃ καμνόντων κατὰ δύναμιν καὶ κρίσιν ἐμήν, ἐπὶ δηλήσει δὲ καὶ ἀδικίῃ εἴρξειν.

οὐ δώσω δὲ οὐδὲ φάρμακον οὐδενὶ αἰτηθεὶς θανάσιμον, οὐδὲ ὑφηγήσομαι συμβουλίην τοιήνδε: ὁμοίως δὲ οὐδὲ γυναικὶ πεσσὸν φθόριον δώσω.

ἁγνῶς δὲ καὶ ὁσίως διατηρήσω βίον τὸν ἐμὸν καὶ τέχνην τὴν ἐμήν.

οὐ τεμέω δὲ οὐδὲ μὴν λιθιῶντας, ἐκχωρήσω δὲ ἐργάτῃσιν ἀνδράσι πρήξιος τῆσδε.

ἐς οἰκίας δὲ ὁκόσας ἂν ἐσίω, ἐσελεύσομαι ἐπ᾽ ὠφελείῃ καμνόντων, ἐκτὸς ἐὼν πάσης ἀδικίης ἑκουσίης καὶ φθορίης, τῆς τε ἄλλης καὶ ἀφροδισίων ἔργων ἐπί τε γυναικείων σωμάτων καὶ ἀνδρῴων, ἐλευθέρων τε καὶ δούλων.

ἃ δ᾽ ἂν ἐνθεραπείῃ ἴδω ἢ ἀκούσω, ἢ καὶ ἄνευ θεραπείης κατὰ βίον ἀνθρώπων, ἃ μὴ χρή ποτε ἐκλαλεῖσθαι ἔξω, σιγήσομαι, ἄρρητα ἡγεύμενος εἶναι τὰ τοιαῦτα.

ὅρκον μὲν οὖν μοι τόνδε ἐπιτελέα ποιέοντι, καὶ μὴ συγχέοντι, εἴη ἐπαύρασθαι καὶ βίου καὶ τέχνης δοξαζομένῳ παρὰ πᾶσιν ἀνθρώποις ἐς τὸν αἰεὶ χρόνον: παραβαίνοντι δὲ καὶ ἐπιορκέοντι, τἀναντία τούτων.

translated in English...

I swear by Apollo Physician, by Asclepius, by Hygieia, by Panacea, and by all the gods and goddesses, making them my witnesses, that I will carry out, according to my ability and judgment, this oath and this indenture.

To hold my teacher in this art equal to my own parents; to make him partner in my livelihood; when he is in need of money to share mine with him; to consider his family as my own brothers, and to teach them this art, if they want to learn it, without fee or indenture; to impart precept, oral instruction, and all other instruction to my own sons, the sons of my teacher, and to indentured pupils who have taken the physician’s oath, but to nobody else.

I will use treatment to help the sick according to my ability and judgment, but never with a view to injury and wrong-doing. Neither will I administer a poison to anybody when asked to do so, nor will I suggest such a course. Similarly I will not give to a woman a pessary to cause abortion. But I will keep pure and holy both my life and my art. I will not use the knife, not even, verily, on sufferers from stone, but I will give place to such as are craftsmen therein.

Into whatsoever houses I enter, I will enter to help the sick, and I will abstain from all intentional wrong-doing and harm, especially from abusing the bodies of man or woman, bond or free. And whatsoever I shall see or hear in the course of my profession, as well as outside my profession in my intercourse with men, if it be what should not be published abroad, I will never divulge, holding such things to be holy secrets.

Now if I carry out this oath, and break it not, may I gain for ever reputation among all men for my life and for my art; but if I break it and forswear myself, may the opposite befall me.

May the opposite befall me.....

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Winnipeg,
Again?

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus
This is dangerous stuff and I said it back when they euthanized Terri Schaivo.
Depopulation and Georgia Guidestones anybody ?

After "Medicare 4 All" is implemented, I wonder if President Bernie Sanders will be willing to save the country money when he has his next heart attack?

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   
why are progressive policy supporters always so naive to human nature? many terrible things happen with good intentions when people think they are different, that things will be different this time because they are somehow better morally. but in the end they aren't any better and slowly but surely they slip further and further towards doing the things they claimed they never would.

sad to see the west forget their own ways and morals that have been around for thousands of years, giving into selfishness and casting away restraint while forgetting the reasons those restraints exist, dooming themselves to repeat history but this time there will be no one to stop it when that happens and it will happen.

edit on 21-2-2020 by namehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

may we have an opinion from a " christian conservative " ATS member - on the oath - exactly as translated hear ?

just for contemporary context

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join