It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It has begun - Canadian doctors to begin killing people

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter

originally posted by: GreenGunther
When can I be put down?
Been hoping for years that assisted suicide becomes socially acceptable.

Everyone should have the right to choose.
Humanity and society sucks, it’s only fair that we all have an option to die, rather than live.

I don’t want people to have to be near death.
I want to be able to go to a doctor, and ask him to put me down... now that would be ultimate freedom.

Although I have been a failed Catholic for years, my years as an altar boy and attending masses would not allow me to commit suicide.

To do so is to risk eternal damnation.

Eternity is a helluva lot longer than the years we all get to have on this earth.

It certainly gives me pause.

But, your mileage may vary...

I was brought up in a christian household but realised very early on that, that God guy can go fudge himself good, deep and hard.

And hopefully after that he’ll think about everything he’s done wrong.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

Accept, ineffable plans and omnipotence.

edit on 6-2-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tekner

When can I be put down?

Humanity and society sucks, it’s only fair that we all have an option to die, rather than live.

I want to be able to go to a doctor, and ask him to put me down... now that would be ultimate freedom.

You can do it right now, no one is stopping you. It's been done for hundreds of years before this.

It’s illegal is kinda my point?
If anyone catches you in the act they will either call the cops or try and stop you themselves instead of shrugging their shoulders and thinking ‘well that guy really has everything figured out’.

It’s no socially acceptable, so not like I can get euthanized cleanly.
I mean who wants their loved one to see them with half a cranium and grey matter all over the wall?

Just advocating for unnatural death to be an option, instead of forcing people to live in hell.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

*Mr. Jones sitting in his chair, in his living room reading a newspaper*

*Knock on the door*

Mr. Jones: Come in!

(Enters a doctor with 2 orderlies)

Doctor: Mr. Jones, did you place a smiley emoji on a Facebook post mocking our PM last week?

Mr Jones: Errr, I believe so.

Doctor: Well, that triggered an alert at the office, you are now a candidate for MAID.

Mr Jones: But all I did was think a picture was funny.

Doctor: That tells us that you are not in your right mind and have triggered a MAID alert.

Mr Jones: But I don't want to die!

Doctor: Clearly irrational, first he says he does, now he doesn't. Hold him still boys, we have 7 more visits today and I'm running out of bullets.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I would settle for them just legalizing it for anyone who requests it (regardless of whether or not they're obviously terminally ill). In my book, an individual is the absolute and final owner of their own body, mind and life. Even if their thinking is deemed to be irrational by others, they still have a right to make their own choices as far as what happens to them.

edit on 6-2-2020 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
"list possible criteria that a patient might set to trigger MAID"

Sounds like the patient, not the Doctor, is making the decision.

Agreed.

My body, my choice.

If I decide time is up, that's my call.

As long as someone else doesn't make it for me/them... I don't see the big deal.

Further more... There are some places that won't let you refuse treatment. They'll say you're not mentally fit to make the call. So if you feel your body is on its last leg, and would rather opt out of treatment... Tough luck, rack up the medical bills.
edit on 6-2-2020 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   

So you think it’s better to be drugged, medicated and placed on an artificial life support machine than allow natural order to intervene?

Forced life over forced death, that’s not life

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 09:06 AM
link   

what are you talking about abortion has been legal there for a while.... Dr's have been killing people for convenience since 1969.

this is just a common sense expansion of the current murder program for these psychopaths

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Further more... There are some places that won't let you refuse treatment. They'll say you're not mentally fit to make the call. So if you feel your body is on its last leg, and would rather opt out of treatment... Tough luck, rack up the medical bills.

And IMO, that is what's really behind the "pro-life" arguments wherever they pop up. The assorted vultures and parasites who feed on the helpless and the vulnerable. There's nothing better for them than millions of helpless people they can prey upon for an endless paycheck. As far as I'm concerned, the modern medical establishment is the mafia. They're already doing far worse things than putting miserable people out of their misery. If there are many doctors who support euthanasia, I bet there are not many. But good for them.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

So you think it’s better to be drugged, medicated and placed on an artificial life support machine than allow natural order to intervene?

usually best to defer to the individuals wishes instead of the demands of the collective. that's true for most things in life.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

that is what's really behind the "pro-life" arguments

yeah that it. we are all secretly medical industrial complex shills.

“If you can’t imagine how anyone could hold the view you are attacking, you just don’t understand it yet.” — Philosopher Anthony Weston

agoodreason.net...

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Better for people to go out if they choose to than to suffer needlessly with no hope of recovery.

Nowhere does it say that officials will be going through hospitals choosing who lives and who dies.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420
a reply to: BrianFlanders

that is what's really behind the "pro-life" arguments

yeah that it. we are all secretly medical industrial complex shills.

No. Not all. It would be impolite of me to say what I really think of the ones who honestly don't have any financial interest in keeping miserable people alive and suffering. You're right about one thing though. I think those people have various motives. And most of them are not nearly as pure as they would have us believe. And yes. There are some who just don't know any better (and that's as nicely as I can say it, I'm afraid).

If I'm wrong about the motives of such people, I'm wrong. I can live with it. But I don't think I am. It's OK though. I am probably severely in the minority WRT what people think about this issue. I do realize it is possible for the majority to be the majority and still be wrong. It's not like that has never happened, is it?

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Some of the symptoms they consider a doctor can use to kill the patient could be caused by side effects of meds they prescribed. It is a good way to cover up their mistakes. I think this will be abused by doctors pretty often.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 07:04 PM
link   
When can I sign up for MAID?

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Many doctors who were asked about this were overheard saying, "okay boomer".

You stood on the shoulders of GENIUSES....
edit on 6-2-2020 by BoscoMoney because: Off

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 08:25 PM
link   
it would seem that the original acceptance of legal assisted suicide has not been working as planned. even doctors and other medical staff constantly harassing families of patients are not of sound mind or otherwise unable to make the decision themselves has not been increasing the rate of death enough. so now they are working to get to the point where the doctors get to make that decision themselves, just like in Nazi Germany.

and just like in Nazi Germany it is all about saving money and resources being wasted on those who have no benefit for the rest of society. friends of mine have had to deal with this. getting pissed off that whenever they go in they are harassed by the staff, reminding them that their relative is taking up needed bed space, and costing the healthcare system thousands of dollars needlessly, since there is no quality of life for the patient. and there are problems in the healthcare system in regards to lack of money in the system. and there is even now a petition going around to try to gain more tax money, to stop the thousands of patients being housed and treated in hospital hallways since there are not enough rooms to accommodate them (the joys of socialized healthcare). so it would seem that if not enough people are volunteering to die, and families are not giving the OK to murder their family members, that they have to find a way to regulate and control the decision on who to kill themselves. after all don't the needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few?

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 08:34 PM
link   
The OP is a giant steaming pile of BS

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   

When can I be put down?

I created an account just now to respond to this. I just wanted to say that i feel the exact same way as you do. You've already received a bit of flak from members here who tell you things like "no one's stopping you!", but that's just plain ignorance.

You shouldn't have to subject yourself to an inhumane trial-and-error death that can go wrong in so many ways, just because our current models of thinking don't support pro-choice. The very fact that every single person on this Earth doesn't have the choice to end their own lives, just goes to shows how enslaved to the system we actually are.

If you die a sad lonely old man in your sleep at the age of 90, the world considers you a "hero", but if you're young and have depression (or other severe health problems) and want to depart the world early, you're considered "spineless", "weak", and viewed as somebody that needs to be "saved" immediately. Truth is, nobody actually cares about you. Years of anxiety and depression, all worsened by experiencing how horrible human beings actually are, has taught me that.

I say to hell with anyone who denies anyone else the right to MAID.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Well it is what it is. Its not all sunshine and rainbows out there. And if there is anything that I have learned, is that life is worth losing. But leave it to the Canadians to do it in a oh so Canadian way. Sooory.

Though don't see what your issues are with the whole assisted death thing? I mean, if your a vegetable, they pull the plug on you in any country or society, some don't even wait for things to get to that point. Most of it is done by family who decides if they want to end it or stick around and watch them deteriorate into nothing, for the next few years.

<< 1    3 >>

join