It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It has begun - Canadian doctors to begin killing people

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Medical Assistance in Dying (MAID) has become one of the priorities of Justin Trudeau, current Prime Minister of Canada, as announced by himself, on the beginning of the year.

Until now, MAID was applied only to those specifically requesting it. I however warned a few weeks ago that this program was making Canada act in a manner that is worryingly similar to Nazi Germany's euthanasia program that aimed to kill "undesirable" patients of mental illnesses and disabilities.

And now the officials are considering applying MAID to patients that do not specifically request it. More specifically, doctors may gain the ability to terminate a patients' life even if the patient makes no request for such a termination.

In a separate summary report, the CCA’s experts list possible criteria that a patient might set to trigger MAID: being bedridden, not recognizing family members, difficulty breathing, experiencing pain.

www.coastreporter.net...

As some ethics experts point out,

What if, the summary asks, the person “expresses a desire to continue living, or physically or verbally resists” termination?
The primary risk, they conclude, is “that a person will receive an assisted death against their wishes.” Strip out the Orwellian phrasing and what they’re describing is a risk that people who want to live will be killed, an act some would classify as murder. But it will all be legal because it will be in writing and Canadian case law has established “the priority of written instruction directives over best interests.”

I don't want to say I told you so... But I told you so.

edit on 6-2-2020 by swanne because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 05:46 AM
link   
"list possible criteria that a patient might set to trigger MAID"

Sounds like the patient, not the Doctor, is making the decision.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: swanne
...was making Canada act in a manner that is worryingly similar to Nazi Germany's euthanasia program ...

Bit over dramatic, don't you think? Also a pretty unfair comparison, one would say.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

try reading what the proposal - ACTUALLY says - not what wingnuts tell you it says

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

Medical Assistance in Dying is executed by the doctor, not the patient. In plain English, "possible criteria that a patient might set to trigger MAID" means, "in the event a patient can't speak, here are the signs which doctors can qualify as justification for the MAID".

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 06:19 AM
link   
When can I be put down?
Been hoping for years that assisted suicide becomes socially acceptable.

Everyone should have the right to choose.
Humanity and society sucks, it’s only fair that we all have an option to die, rather than live.

I don’t want people to have to be near death.
I want to be able to go to a doctor, and ask him to put me down... now that would be ultimate freedom.
edit on 6-2-2020 by GreenGunther because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 06:31 AM
link   

FFS -

" MAID " = a contingency based set of protocols

ie

it is ALL patient led

the patient must decree that :

if my medical prognosis progresses to ************************ then doctors should end my life

its that simple

doctors cannot under " maid " decide to kill someone just because ................

as i told you in my first post - read the REAL documentation to " maid " - not wingnut spin

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Here's to hoping people on my side of the border (US) pull their heads out of their hind ends so this is available for me & others when I'm old and decaying. Once I start that slide, screw it, that's no life worth living if all you're doing is growing infirm and feeble with every "milestone" year.

People keep saying old people deserve to die with dignity. Well, you better give me the option to legally die when I want when I'm old, or I'm going to be one hell of an undignified monkey on your back about it.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Medical Assistance in Dying is executed by the doctor, not the patient. In plain English, "possible criteria that a patient might set to trigger MAID" means, "in the event a patient can't speak, here are the signs which doctors can qualify as justification for the MAID".

Which are these "signs" ?

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Your interpretation does not seem to be correct based on your linked article and the proceeding sentence you choose not to quote.

For advance requests, it’s the long-term directives that have the most terrifying potential. In a separate summary report, the CCA’s experts list possible criteria that a patient might set to trigger MAID

Apparently patients can request the assisted suicide prior to falling ill to the point that they can no longer effectively communicate their wishes and when doing so the patient can set triggers for when they want to be aided in their future suicide.

Your article brings up an interesting issue where in the patient may previously desire an assisted suicide and potentially changes their mind once they fall ill enough and can no longer communicate their change in decision. But that is answered simply by the patient doing their do diligence when setting up their advanced requests. Or if they particularly paranoid about it they ought not set up an advanced request in the first place.

More choice is good not bad. If you don't agree with assisted suicide don't elect it for yourself, let the rest of us decide what is best for us.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Medical Assistance in Dying (MAID) has become one of the priorities of Justin Trudeau, current Prime Minister of Canada, as announced by himself, on the beginning of the year.

Until now, MAID was applied only to those specifically requesting it. I however warned a few weeks ago that this program was making Canada act in a manner that is worryingly similar to Nazi Germany's euthanasia program that aimed to kill "undesirable" patients of mental illnesses and disabilities.

And now the officials are considering applying MAID to patients that do not specifically request it. More specifically, doctors may gain the ability to terminate a patients' life even if the patient makes no request for such a termination.

In a separate summary report, the CCA’s experts list possible criteria that a patient might set to trigger MAID: being bedridden, not recognizing family members, difficulty breathing, experiencing pain.

www.coastreporter.net...

As some ethics experts point out,

What if, the summary asks, the person “expresses a desire to continue living, or physically or verbally resists” termination?
The primary risk, they conclude, is “that a person will receive an assisted death against their wishes.” Strip out the Orwellian phrasing and what they’re describing is a risk that people who want to live will be killed, an act some would classify as murder. But it will all be legal because it will be in writing and Canadian case law has established “the priority of written instruction directives over best interests.”

I don't want to say I told you so... But I told you so.

How do I sign up....

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 06:59 AM
link   

This is not fundamentally different than a DNR or Living Will, both of which need to be prepared ahead of time by a person of sound mind and attested to by an attorney with a witness.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 07:20 AM
link   

you have no idea what you're talking about

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Will my life insurance still pay out if I'm terminated?

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreenGunther
When can I be put down?

Humanity and society sucks, it’s only fair that we all have an option to die, rather than live.

I want to be able to go to a doctor, and ask him to put me down... now that would be ultimate freedom.

Although I have been a failed Catholic for years, my years as an altar boy and attending masses would not allow me to commit suicide.

To do so is to risk eternal damnation.

Eternity is a helluva lot longer than the years we all get to have on this earth.

It certainly gives me pause.

But, your mileage may vary...

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Then it's only a matter of time until being right wing is considered possible criteria..

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreenGunther
When can I be put down?

You can do it right now, no one is stopping you. It's been done for hundreds of years before this.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

"list possible criteria that a patient might set to trigger MAID" Sounds like the patient, not the Doctor, is making the decision.

key word is might, that is like i might want to kill someone but i don't. lots of people may think about something without intending to do it.

last thing someone needs is someone egging them on to die,or make a decession for them because the egger thinks that they are undesirable.

edit on 6-2-2020 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I don't see the problem. Having seen two grandparents with dementia, I would much rather be put down peacefully that go through that.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Eugenics never really went away swanne, our own respective nations practiced the sport in one form or another right up until the end of the 60s.

History does indeed have a penchant for repetition.

Over here in the UK if an old soul ends up in the hospital, in a bad way, they will slap a DNR order on them in 2 minutes sharp, especially if there are no family members around to contest the decision.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join