It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N95 Masks on lockdown / shortage thanks to the Chinese Communist Government

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 10:19 PM
link   
So it has not been in the press as far as I can see, but a few days ago, my hospital locked down ALL of our supplies of N95 masks which are routinely available on supply carts. The reason given is that the vast majority of the masks are made in China and you guessed it they are keeping them and we do not know when we will get more. These masks are used in hospitals more often than you thing for diseases like Measles, Varicella (chickenpox), and tuberculosis

To be fair I would do the same thing in their position but it clearly illustrates the folly of having a country/government that we are frequently at odds with be a virtual sole supplier of vital gear. We need to have a domestic supply

It also highlights the need to be prepared BEFORE there is a problem

One such article that is a bit related

We Don’t Have Enough Masks
edit on 2/5/20 by FredT because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 10:31 PM
link   
So, why the hell do the countries get so dependent on a different country to supply so much of what they sell. We should have factories making way more stuff here in America, especially the stuff we need.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
So, why the hell do the countries get so dependent on a different country to supply so much of what they sell. We should have factories making way more stuff here in America, especially the stuff we need.

Regulations are ridiculous here. We cant make product here affordably because of it so we have it made in a place with no regulations.

So now we just end up with # made unregulated products anyway, despite the regulations.

edit on 5-2-2020 by wuflu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I bought over 30 two weeks ago

No stupid here

I did notice that last week they were all gone on amazon and other places I suspected the government bought them all because let’s be honest most people haven’t got a clue still

edit on 5-2-2020 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Crazy that it's cheaper to make flimsy masks cheaper from thousands of miles away to include crossing a vast ocean than just making them around the corner but that is reality. The workers there are slaves. We traded our slavery and enslave other people. It's really not any harder than that. Start demanding healthcare, higher wages, time off and companies say eff that nonsense.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Because the countries are owned by corporations, and corporations care only for shareholders and profit, its all that matters. If there are not available supplies of products to the lemmings in an emergency that's collateral damage and nothing will change under the current system.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis

No stupid here

30, what will you do with them all ?

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 10:55 PM
link   

edit on 5-2-2020 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

Needs to be made locally.. what are first responders and hospital staff supposed to do.

Feel for you.😐

I have a custom fit TB mask with visor... won't work but.... upmc and Allegheny paid for.
edit on 5-2-2020 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT
Homedepot here in So. Cal has a full shelf of N95 face mask. Homedepot brand HDX N95 mask pack of 30 for $24.97. Can stock up and sell for $5 bucks each when the panic hits here. Whats that saying, "Never let a crisis go to waste!"

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: TritonTaranis

No stupid here

30, what will you do with them all ?

Well... i didn’t want family members thinking I’d lost the plot

By the time I had the balls to say hey you should probably think about this and buy these they’d sold out locally so my brother wasn’t able to get any for his family

So I guess I’ll have to give a few to them, plus I’ve got 4 kids and the Mrs to look after so I’ll be needing a few

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

Seems reasonable I thought at first that's nuts, but nope, nothing wrong with looking out for family.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 11:21 PM
link   

They sell n95 masks at Menards, are the hospital ones different than those?

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: wuflu

Regulations are ridiculous here. We cant make product here affordably because of it so we have it made in a place with no regulations.

So now we just end up with # made unregulated products anyway, despite the regulations.

I saw at least 50 of them at the register in Walgreen's today. Doesn't seem to be a shortage around these parts.

I do agree that we are at a strategic disadvantage allowing the manufacture of so many goods in China.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
Crazy that it's cheaper to make flimsy masks cheaper from thousands of miles away to include crossing a vast ocean than just making them around the corner but that is reality. The workers there are slaves. We traded our slavery and enslave other people. It's really not any harder than that. Start demanding healthcare, higher wages, time off and companies say eff that nonsense.

No. We're still slaves. We just have a few more privileges. The real mind trip is that most Americans think slavery doesn't exist in the US anymore. Even as they completely accept the fact that they either work or die.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 12:43 AM
link   

The hospital is probably just making sure that they have enough when needed, and probably to keep people from stealing them from work.

I'm sure you'll still find some out at stores. I just searched and yeah I saw some vendors were sold out, but not all of them.

Take a trip out to your local CVS, Walgreens, Home Depot or wherever and I'm sure you'll find some.

As far as the other comments about how it's stupid we get a lot of our stuff from other countries yeah I agree it's dumb. But that's what we get with greedy corporations and the government regulating the crap out of them.

Everytime the government mentions relaxing regs though there are cries about the environment and stuff though. So, it's one thing or the other.

(post by LuxFer removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 12:56 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 12:57 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 12:58 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 01:01 AM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join