It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Acquitted on Articles of Impeachment

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: TomLawless
a reply to: Lumenari

Almost as good as 2016.

I own a restaurant so I have to hold my tongue.

Damn. It's so hard.

Ha! I feel your pain. I was thinking about this yesterday. I work in a very conservative environment and I also teach/have students. I have to be careful to keep my real thoughts on the matter in check!

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
a reply to: network dude

Well when you allow 0 witnesses to testify it kind of lends illegitimacy to the outcome in my opinion. I won't dwell on it though because all signs led to him holding on to office. It is extremely difficult to kick a president out of office.

as you have been told, there were witnesses. The house, who has the SOLE power of impeachment called witnesses, never offered the president's team the chance to cross examine, and multiple times, made the comment that they had such a strong case, nothing else was needed.

Had they took a little more time and let the courts decide executive privilege, they could have had all the witnesses they wanted. The fact that you and folks who "think" like you don't even comprehend how unfair the house process was says a lot about where your head is. (in a dark cavity, a bit smelly, and on the backside of CNN)

Trump has been found not guilty, Trump was also elected president. You can cry foul, throw a pelosi tantrum, or whatever you like, but none of that will change those two facts. It's time to realize the past is over and the future is the ONLY thing you have, so quit dwelling on the damn past. Look at your party. it's a joke. The republicans didn't do a thing, and they look like heroes. All because of some overzealous house members thought they could get Trump back for being mean and orange.

I hope you can get over this and move on. Your sanity is at stake.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

They are so blind to their own demise its almost delicious.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 07:52 AM
link   

a reply to: shooterbrody

I'm not going to cry about the outcome, most of us knew it was inevitable. Even if a majority of people left of center and a good amount of people on the right thought he was guilty. Even if faced with enough proof to convict most of us knew how difficult it would have been for more people like Romney to vote against trump.

It is what it is and with so much division and chaos amongst the Democrats we might be force fed another 4 years of trump with a minority percentage of the American voters approval. *shrugs shoulders* I can only hope that Trump's foul language, twitter barbarism, childish behavior, lack of decorum and diplomacy does not become the norm in American politics.

a sizable chunk of people on the right thought that Trump was guilty

Nice change of gears.
There were witnesses in the house.
There were NO criminsl articles put forward.
So sure, I have no doubt people from his political opposition think he was guilty.
Sorry math is hard.
Hope you enjoy the new standard the dem house set.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I't really is appalling that the population is so poorly versed in civics to not understand these basic points. Had to explain to co-workers this morning that they didn't call witnesses for this reason. What is even more scary is that it has become so partisan that not one Democrat senator had the ability to objectively look at this and realize not a single actual high crime or misdemeanor was even hinted at and the second charge especially was absolutely a sham from a legal perspective.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   

a reply to: shooterbrody

I'm not going to cry about the outcome, most of us knew it was inevitable. Even if a majority of people left of center and a good amount of people on the right thought he was guilty. Even if faced with enough proof to convict most of us knew how difficult it would have been for more people like Romney to vote against trump.

It is what it is and with so much division and chaos amongst the Democrats we might be force fed another 4 years of trump with a minority percentage of the American voters approval. *shrugs shoulders* I can only hope that Trump's foul language, twitter barbarism, childish behavior, lack of decorum and diplomacy does not become the norm in American politics.

a sizable chunk of people on the right thought that Trump was guilty
Did you seriously link WAPO? you do yourself a disservice, but you're use to that, hmmm?

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Please lead me to some unbiased news sources that don't spin in favor of either political party. I honestly picked that off of a quick Google search that cited pew research polls as their source.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
So let’s see...

Romney R-Utah
Krysten Sinema D-AZ

Won’t get re-elected, who else?

Doug Jones (D-AL). Jeff Sessions is running for his old senate seat again and, after yesterday, the only question is just how badly he'll brutalize Jones in November.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13

originally posted by: CraftyArrow

It seems some are thinking in the now and not for generations ahead.

It would be useless if the Dems think ahead... Trump is a time traveler, he's got them beat in all world-lines.

I'm not talking about the Democratic Americans.

Trump has repeatedly vowed to "ensure" that the United States has the "cleanest air" and the "cleanest water," but his administration's efforts to slash environmental regulations have been extensive.

In Trump's first two years in office, the Environmental Protection Agency's rate of deregulation was so high that an internal watchdog has said the agency "exceeded" its self-established goals. And in the third year of his presidency, agencies, not just the EPA, have continued the environmental regulation rollbacks. His administration has even moved to rollback some protections established under the 50-year-old Clean Air Act.

Breaking away from environmental restrictions deemed cumbersome or unfair also became a global issue early in Trump's presidency, with his decision to pull out of the Paris climate accords -- an agreement among several countries to combat climate change.

www.google.com...

This behavior does not seem to care about the future 😔 does it?

Which specific regulation that has been rolled back has led to less clean water and air?

Really

Published Sept. 12, 2019
Updated Sept. 19, 2019

WASHINGTON — The Trump administration on Thursday announced the repeal of a major Obama-era clean water regulation that had placed limits on polluting chemicals that could be used near streams, wetlands and other bodies of water.

The rollback of the 2015 measure, known as the Waters of the United States rule, adds to a lengthy list of environmental rules that the administration has worked to weaken or undo over the past two and a half years.

Those efforts have focused heavily on eliminating restrictions on fossil fuel pollution, including coal-fired power plants, automobile tailpipes and methane emissions, but have also touched on asbestos and chemical hazards like pesticides.
An immediate effect of the clean water repeal is that polluters will no longer need a permit to discharge potentially harmful substances into many streams and wetlands. But the measure, which is expected to take effect in a matter of weeks, has implications far beyond the pollution that will now be allowed to flow freely into waterways.

I don't follow herd group think bro/sis.
It's too easy to fail like lemmings.
Many do. And so...

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Maybe Schiff should go after POTUS, using the argument that Trump TRICKED the Democrats into impeaching him in order to affect the outcome of the 2020 election!

LOL!!!!

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Trump is a meme. A giant meme.
--------
You know whats funny his lawyers are retarded as #.

This is hilarious as #.

Also I called the acquittal of Trump.
This # is hilarious.
Libbies and Consies are HILARIOUS XD
----------------------------------------
But have fun conversing about a impeachment that was valid on the first article. And could of been much more valid had the corporate dems and Pelosi actually knew what the hell they were doing. LOL. Cheers conservative cesspool.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   
The Democrat lawsuit regarding the Emoluments has also just been thrown out of court... Looks like Democrats have finally worn through the country's patience...
The little (devious and nasty little cretin) boy who cried wolf once too often.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: CraftyArrow

It seems some are thinking in the now and not for generations ahead.

It would be useless if the Dems think ahead... Trump is a time traveler, he's got them beat in all world-lines.

I'm not talking about the Democratic Americans.

Trump has repeatedly vowed to "ensure" that the United States has the "cleanest air" and the "cleanest water," but his administration's efforts to slash environmental regulations have been extensive.

In Trump's first two years in office, the Environmental Protection Agency's rate of deregulation was so high that an internal watchdog has said the agency "exceeded" its self-established goals. And in the third year of his presidency, agencies, not just the EPA, have continued the environmental regulation rollbacks. His administration has even moved to rollback some protections established under the 50-year-old Clean Air Act.

Breaking away from environmental restrictions deemed cumbersome or unfair also became a global issue early in Trump's presidency, with his decision to pull out of the Paris climate accords -- an agreement among several countries to combat climate change.

www.google.com...

This behavior does not seem to care about the future 😔 does it?

Which specific regulation that has been rolled back has led to less clean water and air?

Really

Published Sept. 12, 2019
Updated Sept. 19, 2019

WASHINGTON — The Trump administration on Thursday announced the repeal of a major Obama-era clean water regulation that had placed limits on polluting chemicals that could be used near streams, wetlands and other bodies of water.

The rollback of the 2015 measure, known as the Waters of the United States rule, adds to a lengthy list of environmental rules that the administration has worked to weaken or undo over the past two and a half years.

Those efforts have focused heavily on eliminating restrictions on fossil fuel pollution, including coal-fired power plants, automobile tailpipes and methane emissions, but have also touched on asbestos and chemical hazards like pesticides.
An immediate effect of the clean water repeal is that polluters will no longer need a permit to discharge potentially harmful substances into many streams and wetlands. But the measure, which is expected to take effect in a matter of weeks, has implications far beyond the pollution that will now be allowed to flow freely into waterways.

I don't follow herd group think bro/sis.
It's too easy to fail like lemmings.
Many do. And so...

It;s interesting you mention lemmings.
For you to take the NYT story at face value, you'd have to believe that Trump woke up one morning and said 'Hey, I know. I'll poisen the waters in the US. Yay!".

Read my question again and answer it.
I want to see some data - the trends in water pollution over the last few years and what the forecasts are going forward.
What will be the negative impact of this change vs the positive impacts.
I disgregard anything written in the NYT. It's a propaganda rag - for, well, lemmings who follow the herd...bro.

edit on 7/2/2020 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   

The Democrat lawsuit regarding the Emoluments has also just been thrown out of court... Looks like Democrats have finally worn through the country's patience...
The little (devious and nasty little cretin) boy who cried wolf once too often.

The problem here is, a member of Congress, or even 200 members, do not speak for the entire body.

If congress does not feel that the president is properly following the emoulments clause, then they should amend the regulations. Filing a lawsuit over this is just harassment.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Sham, waste of time trial. Especially since there was only going to be one outcome. Witnesses would not have mattered. Dems should not even wasted their time on this ludicrous farce. Did Trump use presidential powers to try and influence a a country to benefit him solely? Yup. Did it matter? Nope. Elect a clown, you get the entire circus - what a waste of time and effort.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join