It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#Coronavirus being WAY under reported?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   

This guy finally comes along and makes a little sense!

Super ballz were great. Also glad Indian themed team was good.

No more talk viruses today is an agreed position.

Good dinnertime

Hahahaha!

Thanks for the belly laugh!

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: FredT

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: FredT

I'm still thinking it's already here and we just don't know it because we haven't really been looking. That there is something with China that's making this worse or a combo of factors. But it's been loose in China with lax restrictions all over for long enough that there is no reason to think it isn't already here.

It is here and its been here for a long time. This particular strain is new, and we have 3 in my county alone. That being said, its not progressing as rapidly as in China. To be fair we had pre warning so that may be dampening its spread.

What county/state are you in FredT?

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I think what is "different" or "worse" in China is time. They are under reporting numbers and they are under reporting how long they have been dealing with it. If you look at the Coronavirus 2019-nCoV map (Map), at the curve showing the increase over time and look at the "other places" vs. "Mainland China" curves. The "other location" graph is what China looked like at the beginning of this too (and, presumably the ROW will soon look like China does now), the question is how long ago did China look like the ROW? It's implied it wasn't that long ago, but what if it was back in November, or October that they started AND the numbers are 10x what is reported?

I've got my eyes on the ROW graph... if that starts going logarithmic - I start to get really worried...

Indeed, the cruise ships are unfortunate little petri dishes for us to see first hand how virulent and deadly this is. I've got my eye on those too...

wash your hands.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Look at the ratio of recovered to deaths:

Confirmed: 35018
Deaths: 726
Recovered: 2402

726/(726+2402)=23%

So out of the "resolved" cases 23% die and 77% live.

It may not totally be accurate because the people with light cases may not be reported, so the actual number might be lower.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daughter2
Look at the ratio of recovered to deaths:

Confirmed: 35018
Deaths: 726
Recovered: 2402

726/(726+2402)=23%

So out of the "resolved" cases 23% die and 77% live.

It may not totally be accurate because the people with light cases may not be reported, so the actual number might be lower.

Imagine how many cant get to a hospital and will never get reported....

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I'm really starting to think that a batch of meat was sold from the PS4 lab to the wet market.

A bunch of people bought the meat, restaurant owners, households etc..

Who ever ate the meat be it at a restaurant, a feast, a house or a street stall, is a super spreader. Everything they touch throws out the virus.

Anyone infected from them, is half as infectious..

Also, the pollution in the air in China is like adrenalin for the virus. The lungs are long compromised

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Wouldn't they have died mich quicker then? I would also think they are testing viral loads to trace the origin....

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Wouldn't they have died mich quicker then? I would also think they are testing viral loads to trace the origin....

who knows... maybe they already did die - not sure about viral testing, if that leads back great, but im yet to see anyone say thats been achieved yet.. maybe im not up to date.

Isolation appears to be working, which is good news

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Regarding this story.

Tencent Error?

Did anyone check the Tencent Epidemic Situation Tracker URL in Way Back Machine to see if any archived snapshots with the higher figures exist? Surely more than one person took a screenshot? How can they all be doctored?
edit on 9-2-2020 by tlearyus because: fixed typo's

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   
To put things in perspective during the 2017/2018 flu season China reported 52 deaths from the flu and flu related illnesses. America with 1/3 the population reported about 20,000. Rest assured things are far far worse than what they are telling us.

a reply to: Vasa Croe

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: tlearyus
Regarding this story.

Tencent Error?

Did anyone check the Tencent Epidemic Situation Tracker URL in Way Back Machine to see if any archived snapshots with the higher figures exist? Surely more than one person took a screenshot? How can they all be doctored?

Right click on the website > Inspect Element > change the number.

It is as easy as that, you can edit pretty much EVERY single website out there since most of them use HTML and don't rely on external sources for text, at least not for these simple counters.

There, I did a demonstration, I also went and edited the Tencent page but I've lost the screenshot of it, but it must be in the final pages on the Coronavirus Updates 1 thread, I am not used enough to ATS forums to know how to look up my own messages, can't seem to find the option to do so.

NEVERMIND, found it: imgur.com... , the one on top is the original Tencent site, the one below is the one I've edited, it looks slightly different due to changes in the website.

I've even recorded a video of myself editing the a live map database on the virus, I even changed the size of the red dot over Russia to apocalyptic levels. I'd recommend checking out what I did to the "latest news" column in the BNO site: imgur.com...

Moral of the story, unless you see the numbers on your own browser or through the WayBackMachine, ignore them, just people fear mongering.
edit on 9-2-2020 by Mateo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   
What frequency eradicates this type of virus level
🤔

Scientists may one day be able to destroy viruses in the same way that opera singers presumably shatter wine glasses. New research mathematically determined the frequencies at which simple viruses could be shaken to death.

"The capsid of a virus is something like the shell of a turtle," said physicist Otto Sankey of Arizona State University. "If the shell can be compromised [by mechanical vibrations], the virus can be inactivated."

Recent experimental evidence has shown that laser pulses tuned to the right frequency can kill certain viruses. However, locating these so-called resonant frequencies is a bit of trial and error.

"Experiments must just try a wide variety of conditions and hope that conditions are found that can lead to success," Sankey told LiveScience.

To expedite this search, Sankey and his student Eric Dykeman have developed a way to calculate the vibrational motion of every atom in a virus shell. From this, they can determine the lowest resonant frequencies.

As an example of their technique, the team modeled the satellite tobacco necrosis virus and found this small virus resonates strongly around 60 Gigahertz (where one Gigahertz is a billion cycles per second), as reported in the Jan. 14 issue of Physical Review Letters.

A virus' death knell

All objects have resonant frequencies at which they naturally oscillate.

www.google.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mateo96

originally posted by: tlearyus
Regarding this story.

Tencent Error?

Right click on the website > Inspect Element > change the number.

It is as easy as that, you can edit pretty much EVERY single website out there since most of them use HTML and don't rely on external sources for text, at least not for these simple counters.

There, I did a demonstration, I also went and edited the Tencent page but I've lost the screenshot of it, but it must be in the final pages on the Coronavirus Updates 1 thread, I am not used enough to ATS forums to know how to look up my own messages, can't seem to find the option to do so.

NEVERMIND, found it: imgur.com... , the one on top is the original Tencent site, the one below is the one I've edited, it looks slightly different due to changes in the website.

I've even recorded a video of myself editing the a live map database on the virus, I even changed the size of the red dot over Russia to apocalyptic levels. I'd recommend checking out what I did to the "latest news" column in the BNO site: imgur.com...

Moral of the story, unless you see the numbers on your own browser or through the WayBackMachine, ignore them, just people fear mongering.

Cheers and good example for everyone to see how easy it is to fake data on any website.

PS: Did you or anyone else check the Wayback Machine snapshots?

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I posted on Reddit that you could easily times the amount of reported deaths by 1000 and still not be close. China has never quarantined whole cities before. This will be a pandemic and we will all suffer. I got nothing back apart from being called everything from a liar to a racist.
edit on 10/2/20 by On the level because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Vox.com - China hid the severity of its coronavirus outbreak and muzzled whistleblowers — because it can.

Death toll tops 1,000 and a report of 100 people dying in one day, and China hid and/or delayed reporting the scale of its health crisis. They said that this could have started in October, ran as animal-human vector, then by December it was human to human and airborne. First deaths were said to be in mid-December but the real death started December 1!!

Add in the Tencent headlines, then, yes, the numbers are under reported. The "treatment" of rounding up the sick and putting them in hospital keeps it localized to the hospital. In other words, you should stay away from them!

I like MSM being quiet about China's handling because they don't want to hurt "China's feelings". But when the State refuses WHO experts and CDC help, who's health are they looking out for? Sure doesn't seem to be mine...

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Good news:

Chinese National Health Commission has changed their definition of #WuhanCoronavirus "confirmed case" in their latest guidelines dated 7/2. Patients tested positive for the virus but have no symptoms will no longer be regarded as confirmed. This inevitably will lower the numbers.

Alex Lam - Twitter.

Since the numbers will be going down, that means they're getting it under control, right?

Right?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join