It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#Coronavirus being WAY under reported?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I agree 100% the ChiComs are under reporting. They have in the past and will do so in the future. I expect it

So far the I have not seen that here. Last h1N1 outbreak many counties here in the US simply stopped testing for it. If you don't test for it there is nothing to report. That way we die quietly in our homes if its a real outbreak. That has no occured here yet.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: all2human

A few loose cases (comparatively) is concerning but nothing that western health services can't handle

The danger is if those few cases become enough to overwhelm our medical apparatus.

Look, 1918 Spanish Flu was freaky, but it wasn't particularly deadly. What it did was swamp areas in a wave. Everyone got sick all at once; everyone who was going to die, died all at once.

Society suffered massive strain because everyone was knocked flat on their butts for a long time because the illness was nasty, even when it wasn't deadly, even if you didn't need intensive nursing/hospital care to recover.

And because there seemed to be no pattern to who lived and who died, people freaked out. Everyone seemed to have the same chance of dying from it. And even if that isn't a particularly high chance, it's a sobering thought.

And governments *lied* so no one knew what was going on, how bad it actually was. They assumed the worst. It was plenty bad, but not nearly as bad as what people were making up for themselves.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

I'm still thinking it's already here and we just don't know it because we haven't really been looking. That there is something with China that's making this worse or a combo of factors. But it's been loose in China with lax restrictions all over for long enough that there is no reason to think it isn't already here.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I'm still thinking it's already here and we just don't know it because we haven't really been looking. That there is something with China that's making this worse or a combo of factors. But it's been loose in China with lax restrictions all over for long enough that there is no reason to think it isn't already here.

It is here and its been here for a long time. This particular strain is new, and we have 3 in my county alone. That being said, its not progressing as rapidly as in China. To be fair we had pre warning so that may be dampening its spread.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I'm not sure. My missus is a nurse.
They've got 4 unconfirmed in a ward at the mo.Mortality at 3% Meeeh. Normal flu does better than that.
If it was Ebola then I'd worry, but I don't see the panic??????

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 10:21 PM
link   

No, I understand there are many different strains of corona virus, and this is a new one. I'm not completely dense.

I'm meant this particular strain.

Would they have bothered to test the Germans had the Chinese lady they came in contact with not gotten ill and been tested herself? None of them and as far as I can tell, none of the ones they've spread it to have gotten seriously ill. So had she not been traced back to them ... would anyone have ever tested them?

Did other chains like that get out? Are they currently circulating and we just don't know about them?

If it's true that this has been blowing up in China since possibly as far back now as even the month of November, that's not impossible.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I see your point and anything is possible.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Exactly
This i believe is happening in China right now,and one factor in the under-reporting, because they don't get processed
too many that need oxygen , turned away who have viral pneumonia.

You know it's going to have to take another week for me to wrap my head around all the rumours
i just fall back to what i think is a reasonable approach, keep an eye out for spikes outside the containment zone and well
hope for the best.
worst case scenario,this sticks around,we build the infrastructure to deal with it or we develop a vaccine
Human's have a long history of coming together in times of crisis, we've survived much worse.

Good thing is we see this coming,and we are going to do our utmost in reducing it's affect.

edit on 6-2-2020 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 10:28 PM
link   

So, we're dealing with someone that spreads through close contact, so while it's contagious, it also spreads slow. That's good. It gives you time to see it coming.

But even so, we've had some success with containing, and so have most other nations.

I'm still looking over at China where this is out of control by all accounts and wondering what else is factoring into this. They have more brutal control over people than we do.

So there's another factor at play: poor sanitation, poor environment, poor medical infrastructure ... something.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
I need confirmation in order to believe this, my coworker who is from Taiwan said you can't trust any news sources.

Would that also include your coworker?

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Of course it is.

That ship sailed days ago.

It's going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

Watch this space.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 12:29 AM
link   

The fact that they are quarantined together in a virtual petri dish doesn't help,perspective depending
I'm not sure if it's confirmed,from what i've read people of Asian decent have more receptors to this disease which would cause the sickness to be increasingly virulent and contagious to said group.

edit on 6-2-2020 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Im from scotland. We have been banned from hunting haggis because of this epidemic. Not happy

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: LuxFer

Never been so help me out.. how hard is it to “hunt haggis”

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: slatesteam
a reply to: LuxFer

Never been so help me out.. how hard is it to “hunt haggis”

They don't move so fast so easy to shoot.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 06:08 AM
link   
There's a 'flu epidemic in France atm

www.connexionfrance.com...

Or is there?

How many people who exhibit 'flu symptoms are tested for 2019-nCoV? Most probably don't even see a Doctor ....

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: LuxFer

Im from scotland. We have been banned from hunting haggis because of this epidemic. Not happy

Say it ain't so!

I visited Scotland some years back. Amazing country!

What I learned first hand is that haggis made in the north doesn't compare to the haggis made in the southern part of Scotland.

I have no idea why that is, but there you are.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Once the infection starts spreading in the U.S., we will have real numbers. I would suggest looking at these cruise ships for data. You could calculate actual death and recovery numbers and get a more realistic idea of how the virus spreads and stuff.
edit on 07pmFri, 07 Feb 2020 15:47:00 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: IrateCanadian

You'd have to be an ignorant brainwashed CCP supporter think otherwise. China even piped up at Australia for closing their borders and causing "panic" and "fear".

CLEARLY - This is being under reported/covered up. And I cannot wait until this blows up in all of their faces.

Truth be told, I don't even trust Canada or the US to give us the scoop until they've got contingency measures in place.

A wise man once said "Trust no one - verify everything"

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: oddnutz
a reply to: all2human

did you hear about the father officials forced into quarantine?
they took him and left his disable son home alone. the son was dead when officials went back 6 days later.
bang up job

Coronavirus: Disabled boy dies in China after father quarantined

edit: i see you edited your praise of chinese officials

Jesus Christ...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join