It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#Coronavirus being WAY under reported?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Not sure if this has popped up yet but it appears data manipulation by the Chinese govt is taking place. It is scary if true.

Source

This would put death toll 80 times higher than being reported and infection 10 times higher.

TAIPEI (Taiwan News) — As many experts question the veracity of China's statistics for the Wuhan coronavirus outbreak, Tencent over the weekend seems to have inadvertently released what is potentially the actual number of infections and deaths, which were astronomically higher than official figures.

On late Saturday evening (Feb. 1), Tencent, on its webpage titled "Epidemic Situation Tracker", showed confirmed cases of novel coronavirus (2019nCoV) in China as standing at 154,023, 10 times the official figure at the time. It listed the number of suspected cases as 79,808, four times the official figure.

The number of cured cases was only 269, well below the official number that day of 300. Most ominously, the death toll listed was 24,589, vastly higher than the 300 officially listed that day.

Moments later, Tencent updated the numbers to reflect the government's "official" numbers that day. Netizens noticed that Tencent has on at least three occasions posted extremely high numbers, only to quickly lower them to government-approved statistics.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   
It is insane how close those numbers on Tencent track with the estimations made by the Lancent Review. This is not a coincidence. I believe this was someone in China trying to get the real info out there to the world.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

You'd have to be an ignorant brainwashed CCP supporter think otherwise. China even piped up at Australia for closing their borders and causing "panic" and "fear".

CLEARLY - This is being under reported/covered up. And I cannot wait until this blows up in all of their faces.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Jesus, well, that would be terrifying if true... I have a feeling there's more truth to those figures than the official figures China's government is sharing with us. I hope its wrong, but I've had a feeling for sometime that things were being heavily censored/under reported... I felt quarantining 100 million and building a hospital in 10 days was a tad extreme for a small amount of people being infected.. So these figures make WAY more sense for the extreme measures we've seen globally and in China.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: tennisdawg
It is insane how close those numbers on Tencent track with the estimations made by the Lancent Review. This is not a coincidence. I believe this was someone in China trying to get the real info out there to the world.

Yeah...the story alludes to them thinking the same.....someone inside wanting to get a warning out.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

Not to mention the quick announcement from Russia closing its borders. They are likely much more aware of the true numbers.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   
it probably is. panic must be avoided above all other considerations.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz5

If only the general public was educated properly and prepared, then they wouldn't have to worry about "panic" in the streets.

As I always say, always prepare, never panic.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I need confirmation in order to believe this, my coworker who is from Taiwan said you can't trust any news sources.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
I need confirmation in order to believe this, my coworker who is from Taiwan said you can't trust any news sources.

If those numbers had merit they and would also reflect in the number of infections for the rest of the world.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: IrateCanadian

You'd have to be an ignorant brainwashed CCP supporter think otherwise. China even piped up at Australia for closing their borders and causing "panic" and "fear".

CLEARLY - This is being under reported/covered up. And I cannot wait until this blows up in all of their faces.

Truth be told, I don't even trust Canada or the US to give us the scoop until they've got contingency measures in place.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: IrateCanadian

Truth be told, I don't even trust Canada or the US to give us the scoop until they've got contingency measures in place.

I can offer that the US has been scrambling to get contingency measures in place for almost 3 weeks now, but you are correct in your assumption that they won't release any real info until they have to. A coordinated effort between DHS, Homeland Security, and FEMA has been going around the clock since January 9.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   

There is your confirmation.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Figures line up with actions the chinese have taken.

Adds credence to the reports of new crematoriums that are running 24/7

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Whatever the case, lets hope this doesn't turn into another 1918 Spanish flu pandemic. Today, that would be disastrous world-wide.

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   

The US is at Leve 4 travel restrictions and Russia closed its border.

When was the last time either of those happened for a virus of any kind?

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   

believe non of what you hear and half of what you see

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Figures line up with actions the chinese have taken.

Adds credence to the reports of new crematoriums that are running 24/7

♪ ring around the Rosie, pocket full of posies, ashes, ashes, we all fall down ♪

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

In the updates thread you are taking market performance as gospel. A medium that is heavily manipulated, especially in a largely planned and state-controlled economy like China.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
a reply to: toysforadults

In the updates thread you are taking market performance as gospel. A medium that is heavily manipulated, especially in a largely planned and state-controlled economy like China.

They shut down the market and opened it back up with restrictions on selling off.

Not to mention, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people are using this opportunity to cash in and out.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join