It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mittens announces he will vote to convict Trump

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Who is the second?

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   
As already noted, Romney’s son has ties to Burisma. The lame stream media is trying to cover this up.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualarchitect

The wrath of Romney, LOL.

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   
mittens voted no on the 2nd article but yes on the first

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas
mittens voted no on the 2nd article but yes on the first
I'm a bit surprised by that, but "Obstruction of Congress" is literally not even a real thing. The Dems just made it up when they drafted the articles of impeachment.

Not that the Abuse of Power charge wasn't also bullsh!t, but at least that's a real concept that existed before the Democrats collectively checked into a lunatic asylum.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Gojira54

He can vote however he chooses but his whole I'm a willing martyr talk was BS

Not a single person is surprised he voted to convict

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

You lie...
I was surprised!!

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Two honest decent republicans

That's all they got

boy...times have changed with how the left sees Mitt.... Do you all even remember 2012?

edit on 5-2-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

He can vote however he chooses but his whole I'm a willing martyr talk was BS

Not a single person is surprised he voted to convict

I'm surprised he didn't say he would vote to remove from office before the impeachment trial even started, so yes we can be surprised...lol

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I wonder if Trump will adopt "mittens" or come up with a better childish name to call him on twitter...?

Peace

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Willtell
Two honest decent republicans

That's all they got

boy...times have changed with how the left sees Mitt.... Do you all even remember 2012?

It's almost as hilarious as how John Bolton is their new Great Hope for Impeaching Trump. Do any of these people even remember who Bolton is? He's the uber-warhawk that they all hate, because he's constantly trying to drag us in every little dustup anywhere on the planet. Prior to about two weeks ago, not a single one of the Democrats would have pissed on Bolton's face if his moustache was on fire.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime
I wonder if Trump will adopt "mittens" or come up with a better childish name to call him on twitter...?

Peace

Mittens is so good though, but hey I got one... Capt Underpants

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Peace
Hopefully a more childish one, rolls off the tongue smoothly 😘

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

I'll bet you it'll be something like "Snitch Romney"...

Peace

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 06:42 PM
link   
"Friedo" has already been assigned.

Maybe Mitch will be "Judas."

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   

a reply to: Arnie123

I'll bet you it'll be something like "Snitch Romney"...

Peace
That doesn't roll cleanly off the tongue tho.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gojira54
I'm watching Fox and Mitt Romney has just announced he's voting to convict Trump.

I'm sitting here wondering what crime was committed, and what proof anyone has come up with that shows Trump committed a crime. Mittens is just bitter because he begged for a cabinet position and didn't get one, and jealous for never having a chance to be President.

And it's going to cost him an awful lot.

He's done in the GOP.

And I doubt the Independent Party will take him either.

He is truly a man without a country right now.

Well deserved too...

Asshat.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reposted from closed thread 🤣

He's a devout Mormon (supposedly) and voted on moral, ethical grounds.

I rather liked his speech and you could tell he meant it. He also noted that he basically knew Trump would be aquitted anyways. He's not going to be a President or in an administration, I think he obviously knows this, especially after casting that vote. If he thinks he did the right thing on his conscience, so be it.

He even said he knew he'd be roasted for it. What does he have to gain by this? Consider that question for a few minutes. Going against your own party and even voters in your home state where I assume he wants to continue being a Senator in the future. He had nothing to gain by it, so why would he do it?

Sometimes, things are more important than politics to people. Being so honest and brave enough to pull such a move is bad for his profession. Tow the party line at all costs. Apparently, he had "bigger" reasons to do so. It's fun to roast him because you don't like him already, and especially after this, but was it not just a big green GO! sign to dump your feelings about him? He knew what would happen and didn't seem to mind. My point again is that there was absolutely nothing for him to gain politically in this, yet he did it anyway.

Added: Maybe he doesn't want to run for re-election, maybe he already is, I don't follow it. But, I highly doubt any of you truly understand and have studied the dynamics of Utah state elections and the Mormon factor. Maybe a fellow Mormon could unseat it, maybe being Mormon means nada. I have no clue but do you? I'm sure you do, cue the response.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingSquirrel

Mitt voted from a position of vendetta. Not from a position based on supporting evidence that any crime actually having been committed.

Mitts a little &itch.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Gojira54

Mitt Romney is getting yelled at in Utah grocery stores, while shopping for his wives and children.

truepundit.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join