It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your legacy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 10:40 AM
link   
A legacy is what you will be known for once you are no longer here. Now no longer here can mean a few things. You don't have to die for that to happen. I could never return to this site and my writings here would be my legacy. Likewise, Nancy Pelosi will have a legacy once she is no longer the Democratic majority leader in the house of representatives. And it's unlikely she will be remember for being Ms. Lube Rack, as much as she will be remember for being a spiteful little vindictive bitch who in a fit of rage, tore up a paper containing the speech of President Trump on live TV for the Nation to see.

It's likey that along with that, some whispers of people pooping in the street and homeless tent cities on sidewalks of her district at home might be mentioned, but for some reason, they seem to get a pass on their actual job. Schiff is close behind, like so close that when Nancy takes a right turn, his pencil neck will be in jeopardy. But that is the leadership of the Democratic party today.

I never really worried about politics in the past. I didn't have a say in it, so why bother. But with the Trump enigma, it was different. The smug arrogance was palpable and gaining momentum. There was the arrogance you can see, emanating from almost all the left pundits and prolific members even here. I was strongly opposed to that sense of entitlement, as I am today. I have no delusions that I can make some kind of difference now, but I feel like I'm proud to be on the correct side of history. If only for defending against that smug assholeishness, I'll take that and be content.

There will be a turning point, and eventually, even some of the strong haters will realize that Trump isn't going to fly off the deep end and nuke Canada, or whatever lies you have been told by the MSM. They will get tired of fighting against what looks like positive progress. I hope that happens soon, and this ugly chapter of our nation can be put to rest. Nothing good will come from "the resistance". As the borg mentioned, it's futile.
edit on 5-2-2020 by network dude because: bad spler

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   
dude you need to take a break from the mud pit it's affecting your mental health

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Progress has become a subjective term.

Measurable by things like public opinion and the misery index.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
dude you need to take a break from the mud pit it's affecting your mental health

I know, hoping that the idiot left will come to their senses is much more of a delusion than a reality, but a guy can dream, right?

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I know, hoping that the idiot left will come to their senses is much more of a delusion than a reality, but a guy can dream, right?

even the fact that this is your thought process on these issues leads me to question your ability to objectively analyze any of the available information

"left, right"

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   

We're really not that far past the feudal dynasties of Europe.

The back-stabbing, temper-tantrums, the infighting, double-dealing game playing, Machiavellian antics haven't really changed.

The legacy most in DC will have is a thirst for power and control.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Memories make up your identity. And shared memories make up a generation. While this will no doubt be the defining moment of her legacy, Pelosi certainly has done little to show competence its pass it to find out what’s in it line. But we all have that I suppose. A meme came up in my feed today that made me laugh way too hard. And then I was kinda bummed because laughing that hard really showed my age. So enjoy or be depressed...

edit on 5-2-2020 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Statement of the year right here.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Obama's Legacy will tank big time when the world learns that he put Joe Biden in charge of curing cancer, just one year before they were leaving office, in order to generate cash For their families.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   

even the fact that this is your thought process on these issues leads me to question your ability to objectively analyze any of the available information

"left, right"

Not long ago, there was Trump people, and never Trump people. And the "left/right" thing wasn't really an issue. But as of late, the right has solidified their position on the president. And I see that as a good thing. Without unification, things can't get done, but with unification, it's clear that some amazing things can happen.

I have to call the opposition something, and for ease of use, I will continue to use "the left", "the idiot left", "the asshole left", or whatever term applies at the moment. But what I can't grasp is that this president isn't a hard line right wing conservative. He seems to be open to lots of ideas as long as they are good for the US and the people here. So if "the opposition" were to spend just a little effort into bringing some things they want done, that benefit the nation, they could make some serious progress. No, he won't take away everyone's guns to appease some communist idiots. But he might help put some strong infrastructure money in key places.

I'm not a smart guy, I'm good with that. But with the tiny bit of reasoning I have, I can see that for all Trump's faults, he's got a few strong positives that seem to overshadow the less likable qualities. He is trying to stop the wars that go on forever, with no winning strategy in site. I like that. He used our military power to STOP a war with Iran. I was a bit worried on that one, as it could have gone either way, but thank God it didn't. He might step on his dick tomorrow, but to hate him today for a "what if" is kind of dumb and even a leftie should be able to see that.

So if you need to feel superior, then let me know, and I'll shower you with kudos. I'm all about making you feel good.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Says the pot to the kettle

originally posted by: underwerks

Statement of the year right here.

And you agreed.

Both in the Mud-Pit.
Don't get no better than this.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Were you honestly expecting something of substance? Look at what we have to work with 😂

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Decent OP, some of the left have already come to like Trump, maybe not his character, rather, his policies that have affected citizens for the better.

It is the radical left that won't let go. These progressive seek change, radical change and are transformative in nature, they will never let this go. Lets just be glad that they are a minority in the grand scheme of things.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Legacy is so important to some people that they live their entire lives based on how they believe history will judge them.
My plan hasn't always been to keep in the shadows, contribute where I can, and generally go through life as Master Kan reveals: "rice paper... when you can walk it's length and leave no trace, you will have learned."

It's either that or go full Hollywood and I can't afford the rent at Forest Lawn.

ganjoa

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

This, however, is not funny. It is sad, dangerous, and part of the problem when people really feel and believe this way:

When people do not identify the opposing political party as American, that puts them in the "enemy" camp, and it is dangerous for us as a nation and furthers the division. Of course, the meme you posted could easily have said "I'd rather be an American than a Republican," and it would have just as much validity.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   

One could say the same about the idiot, delusional right.

But that's the problem: when one believes one's version of reality is the only correct one, left or right.

The irony of your above post and the OP is quite rich.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I was laughing at the take on the iconic Keep On Truckin’ logo. See here for example

As I said, it tells my age a bit.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   
My legacy matters insomuch as I know my children and wife would find my postings here if i passed. I don't want to leave something behind that they find that brings them shame.

Its why i generally remain polite to people in all forms of media.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Legacy = Pride

We are just simple people. Every single one of us, from President Trump and Elon Musk to a homeless Veteran or ex-convict.

Pride leads to evil things, and has people break their own morals and promises.

F legacy, pride, and all that. Just die and be happy you had a life, and hopefully a family that can carry on in happiness.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

One could say the same about the idiot, delusional right.

But that's the problem: when one believes one's version of reality is the only correct one, left or right.

The irony of your above post and the OP is quite rich.

the super sad part is, you will continue to believe you are morally correct, and use that to continue to justify not working together. Use excuses like "He started it", and the like. At some point, someone needs to realize that nothing good will come from bitterness.

Trump is on a high right now. He's going to gloat and call names. it's who and what he is. But if someone came to him now, and offered peace and some bi-partisan solutions, I'd bet the farm that he would take the chance. The damage is done to your side. Maybe if the dems could man up and move on, there wouldn't be references to "you side, my side" as there are now. But I can't see why Trump would feel obligated to do anything to help the dems without some kind of peace offering.

The smart folks knew who and what Trump was before he ran for office and also realize that he's still that guy today. Maybe one day, that understanding might be more widely known.
edit on 6-2-2020 by network dude because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join