It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 - HOLY SHEEE....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Microsoft is working on a new flight sim and this ones ... INSANE.

2 terabytes of map data for the whole game will mean that its streamed as you fly with satellite maps and geography.

The weather system is hugely impressive with a massive focus on cloud formations providing realistic views from below above or inside clouds.

Im not hugely into flight simulators but the way this one looks i think i might have to make some room!

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

2 terabytes

A ton of room by the sounds of it

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Not holding my breath...
Where do people get time to play flight sim these days?

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 05:14 AM
link   
The sim will let you control everything unlike a game that will throw randomly generated instances at you etc.

You want a fast plane with all the controls on auto on the nicest day, No problem! Sit back with your 4k+ wide screen display and enjoy flying around any city, world wonder or even your own house in crystal clear HDR goodness!

Come on, whos ever dreamed about being superman and just flying around for the sheer thrill? I havnt even thought about how this might look on HD VR

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 06:16 AM
link   

I've been keeping an eye on Microsoft flight simulator 2020 since the impressive E3 reveal last year , since they've now said VR is a priority rather than an aspiration the sim has more interest to me and I suspect many others.

I just hope they don't go for a subscription model as the terrain detail is being streamed.
Looking forward to more details as launch time approaches.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I've been watching the recent uploads on YouTube concerning this, and while I'm not a gamer per se', it's definitely got my attention,

originally posted by: GreenGunther
Not holding my breath...
Where do people get time to play flight sim these days?

Every time I pop to the loo for some peace and quiet, lol

X-Plane 10 Mobile App

Just don't pay for the 747 or the F22, they're impossible to fly without knowing all of the buttons and gizmos

I enjoy it, anyway

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 06:49 AM
link   
How does it handle crashes? Is there terrain damage?

Can I fly a 747 Max into the NY Freedom Tower?

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 07:24 AM
link   
2 TeraBytes ?
Rather than stream , I had rather just download the whole thing.
Streaming is depending too much on server bandwidth.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: peskyhumans
How does it handle crashes? Is there terrain damage?

Can I fly a 747 Max into the NY Freedom Tower?

No , but once upon a time you could fly a B-52 into the Empire State building...
MS Flight Simulator from days of yore.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs
The sim will let you control everything unlike a game that will throw randomly generated instances at you etc.

You want a fast plane with all the controls on auto on the nicest day, No problem! Sit back with your 4k+ wide screen display and enjoy flying around any city, world wonder or even your own house in crystal clear HDR goodness!

Come on, whos ever dreamed about being superman and just flying around for the sheer thrill? I havnt even thought about how this might look on HD VR

My first thought is how perfect this would be for a VR setup.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I played the previous installment a bit , just to mess around with a flightstick.

I couldnt land anything bigger then a cesna , with anything bigger i keep missing the poper landing pattern and overshoot

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Back in the day i played a few flight games like G-Lock on the game gear, F-16 falcon on the 486x and a few on early consoles. Nothing comes close to the real-ness of this flight simulator. What might they be able to do once this has been out a while, throwing in some combat missions and what-not!

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I just hope they don't go for a subscription model as the terrain detail is being streamed.

I've been keeping an eye on this too since E3 and have been very impressed so far but I've heard that it is going to follow a subscription service/pay as you play.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Wow amazing. I wonder if you can count this towards your flight time

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Looks like the Beta has started , 23 min of leaked gameplay.

Looking good.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

ohhh yes Mr 'tex thats brilliant thank you for posting!

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Heheuhiehe

Can’t wait to fly into stuff

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I'm curious as to how far they plan on taking the realism in this game. Will there be notice to airman reports the player will have to account for? What about runway analysis? You really don't have a real flight plan without it, and I'm speaking from my experience as a flight dispatcher. The way I see it, if they are going to call this a 'simulator', then they might as well go full tilt and make it a true simulator and stop half doing it. From what I see, all they seem to care about is getting the look and feel of the flight mechanics as authentic as possible, yet not realistic at a more granular level when it comes to what it actually takes to safely get a plane in the air to its destination.
edit on 22-2-2020 by Dcopymope because: (no reason given)

top topics

join