It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comedian Jeanne Robertson

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I’ve been getting into watching comedians lately on Youtube. I’m not familiar with many, and I know there is a slew of them out there.
Happened to stumble upon this older female comic, who is really quite funny, if you can appreciate that type of humour or subject matter.

Her name is Jeanne Robertson and her vids are quite short, which is good. Will put up a couple, then go check more out.

She affectionately calls her husband “left brain” because apparently he’s a left brain thinker.😂

One more.. these are funny.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 01:41 AM
link   
OMG.. this woman cracks me up.😆

You really need to give her a listen.. ladies especially !

This one revolves around a story about her son always being grounded and one night stuffing pillows, etc under his blankets and sneaking out. Reminds me too much of my teenage years.. pulled the same ‘stuffing the bed’ trick a few times.. but got busted once.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Jeanny is my wife’s favorite. She performed in our home town last year and I took her to the show. We bumped into Jeanne after the show and she is really a nice person. I wish her well.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
Jeanny is my wife’s favorite. She performed in our home town last year and I took her to the show. We bumped into Jeanne after the show and she is really a nice person. I wish her well.

She definitely seems to have that down to earth southern charm about her. I wonder who talked her into doing standup. She obviously has a good corporate job that keeps her traveling, making speeches, as well as the comedy routines.

Whoever talked her into doing stand up.. thank you. 👍🏼 I think there are probably tons of really funny, witty regular people in real life ,that we never get the pleasure of hearing... but at least their family and friends benefit from their humour.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Ok.. I feel a little stupid 😏😉.. (won’t be the first time or the last)..

I really didn’t research her enough before making a thread.. and I think I had the wrong idea about what she does (did).. professionally. She was a motivational speaker for many different corporations and used humour to motivate and teach. She called herself a humourist , and either gave speeches, or what she referred to as ‘theatre shows’.. some of which she taped ,as well as a special.

I am referring to her in the past tense because I stumbled upon this reading more about her life. Apparently she passed away at the age of 68 in 2012. 🤷🏻‍♀️

deadorkicking.com...
Is this some bogus site ^^^ because there is nothing on her Wiki page about date of death.

If anyone knows if she died or not, please post. 😕

She was/ is a great humorist, and most likely a great motivational speaker with a lot of common sense wisdom.

new topics

top topics

join