It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eight and counting...the Congress People who will NOT attend the State of the Union Address

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

With a Spinner and a Pelosi Commemorative Kazoo....

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   
The Democrats have become utterly disgusting and pathetic.

Personally, this type of behavior demonstrates these people are incapable of their elected duties, incapable of acting like a responsible, respectful adult, and are in fact—traitors to this Great Country.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 07:15 PM
link   
So will Trump greet Pelosi with the rude golf clap she gave him at the last one?

Will Trump ignore advice to avoid discussing impeachment with something along the lines of “If the Dems can’t handle a simple count at the Iowa Caucus, then how did they think they had the votes to remove me by impeachment?”

And with all the illegal foreign donations needed for their campaigns, it should be proof enough that Americans will not pay for free stuff. So why keep pushing it?

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Another day, another democrat stunt the American people don't care about, another campaign letter highlighting their relative "contribution" to the state of the Union, another 12-20-million dollars in the ol' Presidential war chest.

Morons.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   

I won't be attending due to lack of interest.

If I wanted to see an smug arrogant prick bang on about how good he's done i'd look in the mirror, less media coverage that way.
edit on 4-2-2020 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   
They feel shame and embarrassment.
They know the cameras will be on them and they took the low road, good riddance.

originally posted by: matafuchs
So here we have at least 8 and I am sure there will be more who are not attending the SOTU. FFS it is part of their job to be there. IMagine working for a Fortune 500 company and blasting the CEO and not attending the yearly meeting. You would be fired.

Link

All eight Democrats — Reps. Al Green (Texas), Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (N.Y.), Ayanna Pressley (Mass.), Maxine Waters (Calif.), Steve Cohen (Tenn.), Earl Blumenauer (Ore.), Hank Johnson (Ga.) and Frederica Wilson (Fla.) — have also opted against attending Trump's past annual addresses to Congress in recent years as an expression of protest against his presidency.

This is not the first time either. Here we have people who openly say Trump does nothing for the country but cause division and here they are. Keeping it real and keeping the country divided.

Wonder how many are going to drop out before it starts?

Some great quotes here....

AOC

"After much deliberation, I have decided that I will not use my presence at a state ceremony to normalize Trump’s lawless conduct & subversion of the Constitution," Ocasio-Cortez wrote in a series of tweets. "None of this is normal, and I will not legitimize it."

So I will 'subvert' by not attending??? Idiot.

Then there is the thing called Al Green. Race baiter playa #1

"Because of an impeached, reckless, ruthless, lawless, shameless, corrupt, & unapologetically bigoted president - who is still engaging in a coverup, the state of the House, the state of the Senate, and the #StateOfTheUnion are divided," Green tweeted. "I will NOT attend #SOTU2020."

We can't leave out Mama Maxine the Race Baiter #2

“To think that I would attend the #SOTU to hear the message of an IMPEACHED president is a thought that in no way would be consistent w/ my fight and struggle against this dishonorable president. I will certainly NOT be there!” Waters tweeted.

14 boycotted last year and 60 boycotted the inauguration. Why would anyone vote for these folks?????

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: toolgal462

Jealous?

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShadowLink
I really hope after Trump wins his second term and Republicans have a house and senate majority that he starts to follow through on his swamp cleaning promise.

Me too!

PS, I always liked your Avatar. Good choice.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Well, you know ... these things are long and boring ... or so AOC has heard. Plus, she found out from the last one that she doesn't look good in white.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle Of what?

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Melania is dressed in black.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Oh the irony! In true democrat fashion the toddlers make Trump look like the adult in the room. They're Losers, screw'em.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

originally posted by: Waterglass

The greatest conspiracy ever is that ATS is a right wing leaning biased web site. Ha.

Based on your star hits. Just sayin

That's not proof of a conspiracy. That just means we have some really intelligent people on this site.

Exactly! This site does have some very intelligent members. Thats why I come here. Its fun to troll the few doofusses here as well

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: carewemust

I was wondering if Romney would be made to sit in the corner....

He should be. He has a diaper full

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Duly noted.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   
They should take the rest of the year off.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder
Oh the irony! In true democrat fashion the toddlers make Trump look like the adult in the room. They're Losers, screw'em.

He’s been the adult in the room ever since he was elected

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
It’d be better if they did the Republican thing and scream at him he’s a liar during the speech.

That’s what patriots who are trying to end division do, right?

That one was .
And history of the ACA has proven that as fact.
Everyone owes Joe Wilson an apology...

Denying ignorance .
Why ?
This one quick and easy.(as most usually are)

edit on 2/4/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

(post by visitedbythem removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: Arnie123

a reply to: Arnie123

They would then try to impeach his A$S this time.
You win the internet today 😍🤗

Well if I had known it was that easy I would have been making a$$ jokes all along. Butt I didn't.
These puns belong in this Thread 😅
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I find Puns about as a peeling as a banana.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join