It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eight and counting...the Congress People who will NOT attend the State of the Union Address

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   
So here we have at least 8 and I am sure there will be more who are not attending the SOTU. FFS it is part of their job to be there. IMagine working for a Fortune 500 company and blasting the CEO and not attending the yearly meeting. You would be fired.

Link

All eight Democrats — Reps. Al Green (Texas), Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (N.Y.), Ayanna Pressley (Mass.), Maxine Waters (Calif.), Steve Cohen (Tenn.), Earl Blumenauer (Ore.), Hank Johnson (Ga.) and Frederica Wilson (Fla.) — have also opted against attending Trump's past annual addresses to Congress in recent years as an expression of protest against his presidency.

This is not the first time either. Here we have people who openly say Trump does nothing for the country but cause division and here they are. Keeping it real and keeping the country divided.

Wonder how many are going to drop out before it starts?

Some great quotes here....

AOC

"After much deliberation, I have decided that I will not use my presence at a state ceremony to normalize Trump’s lawless conduct & subversion of the Constitution," Ocasio-Cortez wrote in a series of tweets. "None of this is normal, and I will not legitimize it."

So I will 'subvert' by not attending??? Idiot.

Then there is the thing called Al Green. Race baiter playa #1

"Because of an impeached, reckless, ruthless, lawless, shameless, corrupt, & unapologetically bigoted president - who is still engaging in a coverup, the state of the House, the state of the Senate, and the #StateOfTheUnion are divided," Green tweeted. "I will NOT attend #SOTU2020."

We can't leave out Mama Maxine the Race Baiter #2

“To think that I would attend the #SOTU to hear the message of an IMPEACHED president is a thought that in no way would be consistent w/ my fight and struggle against this dishonorable president. I will certainly NOT be there!” Waters tweeted.

14 boycotted last year and 60 boycotted the inauguration. Why would anyone vote for these folks?????
edit on Febpm29pmf0000002020-02-04T16:25:52-06:000452 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Care factor = zero.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   
It’d be better if they did the Republican thing and scream at him he’s a liar during the speech.

That’s what patriots who are trying to end division do, right?

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

You....or them?

Because I could care less if they do not attend but they should. It is their duty as elected officials. Put aside partisan bickering and look at the State of the Union. I mean, a president who can go up in likability while being impeached is someone I would finally decide to not oppose if I was them.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   

God, I wish Canadian politics was this exciting. And that's not saying a lot since something like this would blow our media up in a nuclear explosion.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Wat.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: Sublimecraft

You....or them?

Because I could care less if they do not attend but they should. It is their duty as elected officials. Put aside partisan bickering and look at the State of the Union. I mean, a president who can go up in likability while being impeached is someone I would finally decide to not oppose if I was them.

Me (and I'm sure others too).

Them boycotting perfectly reflects the SOTU, Trumps address is a mere technicality highlighting his achievements so I'm not surprised they don't want to hear any of that. They should have just taken the knee when he walks in, that would have been a better circus for the hoard to consume...

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

God, I wish Canadian politics was this exciting. And that's not saying a lot since something like this would blow our media up in a nuclear explosion.

I bet if it happened here, and we questioned them as to why they are not attending the event; they would call us racists.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: IrateCanadian

Trudeau bought donuts from a local shop instead of Tim Horton's, and everyone lost their minds. So yea, I could imagine such a scenario.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Can I go now?

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Trump should sale their seats to the highest bidder and contribute it to the campaign funds of the people running against these treasonous traitors to diplomacy.

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Oh hey, more elected officials don't want to work. What else is new? Especially this crowd.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
It’d be better if they did the Republican thing and scream at him he’s a liar during the speech.

At least they were brave enough to face the enemy.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Well, the guy wasn't wrong.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Democrat traitors exposed !!!!! 😆

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Anti-American assholes, every one of them.
I am not even going to bother trying to look myself but have any of these deranged clowns done anything substantial for the good of the country while they have been in office?
Any anti-American Dem politician lovers here that can answer that question?
edit on 4-2-2020 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Dock their pay, no more than they 'work' it would be a sizeable chunk of their earnings.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Good!

Not one person on that list is worth the letters their names are spelled with.

Looking forward to a great SOTU!

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   

House Democrats will feel guilty for voting to impeach this great President when they hear the State of the Union address tonight. Those who stay away, don't want to face the reality of what they really are on the inside....rotten traitors to the people of our nation.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Better then booing or shouting "You Lie", much more effective and doesnt interrupt the speech. Why are we complaining about this?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join