It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leftists rip into Rush Limbaugh after he announces cancer diagnosis: 'Good riddance'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: Edumakated

They weren't debunked he just denied saying them. Either way. There's plenty more instances of where that guy incites all sort of crazy rhetoric. He gaslights his listeners into thinking the left and what not are gonna eat their babies or something all the time.

Meanwhile Democrat politicians tell people that Republicans are going to take their social security, take their medicare, put them back in chains...

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: olaru12
Rush never hesitated to trash anyone he saw fit. Along with his whine was anger and anger will make you sick physically.

Perhaps it's the Good Lord sending Rush a message....you reap what you sow.

Didn't he talk # about RBG after she was diagnosed with cancer, and make fun of Michael J Fox for Parkinsons?

Karma is a bitch, but I wish cancer, or celebrate it, on no one.

I remember Rush saying that he believed MJF purposefully did not take his anti-seizure meds prior to public/televised presentations like speaking on Capitol Hill or for Democrat commercials, but I've never heard him make fun of Fox's disease.

Likewise I've never heard Rush make fun of RBG's health, but he jeered at ignorant lefties who wanted to donate their ribs to her.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

It's a FACT that republicans have and have tried to cut aid to the poor, including Trump. And conversely, they ALWAYS cut taxes for the super-rich and rich

They just cut food stamps

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Cant improve if we intentionally ignore our flaws imo

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

It's a FACT that republicans have and have tried to cut aid to the poor, including Trump. And conversely, they ALWAYS cut taxes for the super-rich and rich

I would bet money that spending to food stamps wasn't actually cut, but the planned increase to annual spending was cut. What's your source?

Question: with unemployment at an all-time low, why should we increase spending on food stamps? Shouldn't we celebrate people getting jobs instead of subsidizing them?
edit on 4-2-2020 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 11:33 PM
link   

No it’s not a fact

And no they didn’t just cut food stamps

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: Metallicus

Didnt care for him really. Sucks he got cancer.

Here's some of my favorite quotes from him, such a champion of the right wing.

1. “I mean, let’s face it, we didn’t have slavery in this country for over 100 years because it was a bad thing. Quite the opposite: slavery built the South. I’m not saying we should bring it back; I’m just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark.”

2. “You know who deserves a posthumous Medal of Honor? James Earl Ray [the confessed assassin of Martin Luther King]. We miss you, James. Godspeed.”

3. “Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?”

4. “Right. So you go into Darfur and you go into South Africa, you get rid of the white government there. You put sanctions on them. You stand behind Nelson Mandela — who was bankrolled by communists for a time, had the support of certain communist leaders. You go to Ethiopia. You do the same thing.”

5. “Look, let me put it to you this way: the NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it.”

6. “The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get a liquor store and practice robberies.”

7. “They’re 12 percent of the population. Who the hell cares?

8. “Take that bone out of your nose and call me back (to an African American female caller).”

9. “I think the media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well. They’re interested in black coaches and black quarterbacks doing well. I think there’s a little hope invested in McNabb and he got a lot of credit for the performance of his team that he really didn’t deserve.

Little out of context quotes huh? Not a surprise from a canadian though. Still i respect you posting your feelings openly at least.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

No it’s not a fact

And no they didn’t just cut food stamps

Im on food stamps myself. he didnt cut them for the majority of those on it. Just on the ones abusing the system.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I wouldn’t wish for terminal illness on anyone who wasn’t a true monster, like Saddam Hussein or al Baghdadi. I detest Schiff and Michael Moore, e.g., but I don’t wish them dead.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: BoscoMoney
Cant wait till Ginsburg dies, should be a fun night of name calling and good riddance-ing. I mean, all is fair right?

You are the person posting, that you "can't wait till Ginsburg dies".

So unaware of your own hypocrisy.

Meh

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Liberals love to take money from folks they don’t know and give it to someone else they don’t know. Bureaucrats take their cut of this forced charity to pay for their wages, benefits, facilities, O&M, etc. It’s a way for liberals to feel good about themselves without personal sacrifice. Charity that strangers pay for.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   

a reply to: CriticalStinker

It's funny the people who generalize about a whole group are bad because the actions of a few are haters themselves.

Civilized folks generally refrain from vitriol when someone may be deadly sick.

It's also civil NOT to blame a whole group for the actions of a few.

To think of all the nasty shlite that turd said about other people while at their lowest point...

This is just faux outrage to polarize politics... Dems are evil and commies... But the turd was vehemently defended on all the nasty shlite he said about others...

mentalists

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Whattaboutism

edit on 5nY by 20Eyes74 because: Sp?

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
While I feel for the man getting cancer, let’s not forget that for years he sided with big tobacco claiming that there was no proof smoking caused cancer. That type of irony is inescapable.

And who knows how many idiots out there actually believed what he said and took the same position.

The funny part is watching right wingers who laugh and cackle to themselves about wanting prominent people on the left to die suddenly grow a heart when someone like Rush Limbaugh is on his way out.

If someone could build a machine that ran off of right wing hypocrisy we’d have solved the energy crisis.

And if someone created an engine that ran off of leftists tears we would be traveling the stars by night fall... what's your point?
edit on 5-2-2020 by looneylupinsrevenge because: Reasons

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I don't wish the Hell Limbaugh is going through on anyone.

That said, can anyone tell me why he deserves the Presidential Medal of Freedom?

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   
he is a pedo who had sex with kids in the dominican god has judged him

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Oh my God. CNN is running a segment right now bashing Rush Limbaugh because he was against President Obama.

The people who run CNN need to be punished for their callousness.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

What was the medal President Obama awarded President Biden in their last year? They both cried at that ceremony.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
I don't wish the Hell Limbaugh is going through on anyone.

That said, can anyone tell me why he deserves the Presidential Medal of Freedom?

Did you question the medals Obummer handed out ? Just curious
President Obama Names Recipients of the Presidential Medal of Freedom November 16, 2016

President Obama said, "The Presidential Medal of Freedom is not just our nation's highest civilian honor - it's a tribute to the idea that all of us, no matter where we come from, have the opportunity to change this country for the better. From scientists, philanthropists, and public servants to activists, athletes, and artists, these 21 individuals have helped push America forward, inspiring millions of people around the world along the way."

part of the 21 announced that day .... Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Elouise Cobell (posthumous),. Ellen DeGeneres, Robert De Niro, Bill & Melinda Gates, Tom Hanks ........

LoL

edit on 252020 by MetalThunder because: laughable

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

List of Presidential Medal of Freedom recipients

Not really a big fan of Rush and I've never listened to his show, or any AM radio for that matter (ok maybe traffic reports before Waze) but can you please click that link above and tell me what any of the ones in the entertainment etc categories did to deserve such a medal?

De Niro? Streisand? Lorne Michaels?

Sorry, I don't see it for any of them.

I get it for the military, medical, scientists, astronauts... absolutely.

Actors etc? Hard pass from me on all of them. They get enough awards from each other during ass kissing season in Hollywood.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join