It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leftists rip into Rush Limbaugh after he announces cancer diagnosis: 'Good riddance'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

The right may call Pelosi a drunk or Schiff a pencil neck dweeb, but that is about where we typically end it.

BS....think about how the right reveled when Hillary was sick on the campaign trail, accused of crimes and has yet to be indited.

I guess you missed it when they called Hillary a sick, dried up old C***....

Or Michelle Obama a tranny

There's plenty of insults from the right....don't let your ideology get in the way of your common sense!
edit on 4-2-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Maybe the Internet is not for you...

People are assholes what can I say.

Peace

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Didnt care for him really. Sucks he got cancer.

Here's some of my favorite quotes from him, such a champion of the right wing.

1. “I mean, let’s face it, we didn’t have slavery in this country for over 100 years because it was a bad thing. Quite the opposite: slavery built the South. I’m not saying we should bring it back; I’m just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark.”

2. “You know who deserves a posthumous Medal of Honor? James Earl Ray [the confessed assassin of Martin Luther King]. We miss you, James. Godspeed.”

3. “Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?”

4. “Right. So you go into Darfur and you go into South Africa, you get rid of the white government there. You put sanctions on them. You stand behind Nelson Mandela — who was bankrolled by communists for a time, had the support of certain communist leaders. You go to Ethiopia. You do the same thing.”

5. “Look, let me put it to you this way: the NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it.”

6. “The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get a liquor store and practice robberies.”

7. “They’re 12 percent of the population. Who the hell cares?

8. “Take that bone out of your nose and call me back (to an African American female caller).”

9. “I think the media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well. They’re interested in black coaches and black quarterbacks doing well. I think there’s a little hope invested in McNabb and he got a lot of credit for the performance of his team that he really didn’t deserve.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I can't imagine anyone celebrating a death, regardless of politics. They'd have to be a disgusting waste of life.
I am glad you made this thread. I plan on linking it any time members of the Right make similar disgusting remarks aimed at dying/dead Leftists. Very helpful reminder!

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp
A true champion of the right..lmao

Regardless, I hope he can get an effective treatment, it's not a nice way to go.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Yes, Rush has said a lot of controversial things. But, that's just his style. He says what so many are afraid to say. Is it all 100% correct? No, but good for him for having the guts to say it.
I personally think Rush is hilarious. A good sense of humor is hard to find these days.
I wish him the best.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

1. “I mean, let’s face it, we didn’t have slavery in this country for over 100 years because it was a bad thing. Quite the opposite: slavery built the South. I’m not saying we should bring it back; I’m just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark.”

2. “You know who deserves a posthumous Medal of Honor? James Earl Ray [the confessed assassin of Martin Luther King]. We miss you, James. Godspeed.”

3. “Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?”

4. “Right. So you go into Darfur and you go into South Africa, you get rid of the white government there. You put sanctions on them. You stand behind Nelson Mandela — who was bankrolled by communists for a time, had the support of certain communist leaders. You go to Ethiopia. You do the same thing.”

5. “Look, let me put it to you this way: the NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it.”

6. “The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get a liquor store and practice robberies.”

8. “Take that bone out of your nose and call me back (to an African American female caller).”

9. “I think the media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well. They’re interested in black coaches and black quarterbacks doing well. I think there’s a little hope invested in McNabb and he got a lot of credit for the performance of his team that he really didn’t deserve.

Several of those quotes have been debunked. On Snopes no less. Particularly the one about slavery and James earl ray.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

Several of those quotes have been debunked. On Snopes no less. Particularly the one about slavery and James earl ray.

I am not a frequent listener to Rush but I didn't believe those quotes for a minute. As if someone who says such things would have remained on the airwaves as long as he has.

How stupid do people have to be to believe he said that crap?

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

shame on you for posting lies about the man.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462

originally posted by: Edumakated

I am not a frequent listener to Rush but I didn't believe those quotes for a minute. As if someone who says such things would have remained on the airwaves as long as he has.

How stupid do people have to be to believe he said that crap?

Exactly. Many are actually from a leftist book with no sourcing and have not been verified. Given all the shows are recorded, it would be pretty easy to verify. Second, as you stated, he would not have remained on air so long.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Look no further than ATS itself on Ruth.

I made sure to emphasize it was a minority... Just like it is here.

Not so sure about the small minority part seems more like a celebration. Go on reddit every single left leaning post has zero sympathy. I'm not even a Rush fan at all but the celebration of his death is disgusting trash.

Maybe Im bias because I witnessed my father die of lung cancer and don't wish that in my worst enemy
edit on 4-2-2020 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Metal, it's not a leftist thing.. It's an asshole thing. They are in all political leaning. If you told me hilary or obama had a worse diagnosis or were murdered, i'd smile. Im more right leaning than anything else. I try to be independent.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Look no further than ATS itself on Ruth.

I made sure to emphasize it was a minority... Just like it is here.

Not so sure about the small minority part seems more like a celebration. Go on reddit every single left leaning post has zero sympathy. I'm not even a Rush fan at all but the celebration of his death is disgusting trash.

Maybe Im bias because I witnessed my father die of lung cancer and don't wish that in my worst enemy

Go to r/thedonald and you'll see the same from the right in similar situations. Go on Twitter and you'll see the same from both. Just because some people don't know how to handle social media doesn't mean they're the masses, they're just the most eye catching responses. People don't repeat cool headed responses because they're not juicy.

I tend to use normal people as a barometer. Most people live in a community and aren't assholes or extremist's. The twatter world and reddit are a playground for people looking to larp and argue. Personally I try to say things online I'd only say to someone in a face to face conversation... Not to appear holier than thou, but just for my own health and well being. I think people are finding they don't have balance because they don't know how to behave the same way behind a screen as they do in real life. (I'm not perfect and I slip, but I've been trying to make a conscious effort on the above... If anyone cared to dig, they could call me on it.)
edit on 4-2-2020 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

So, you are admitting you are an asshole then?

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 12:32 PM
link   
It does expose the double standard from the hypocrites on the left.

But that's been exposed a million times over so not sure what we should do anymore.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   

They weren't debunked he just denied saying them. Either way. There's plenty more instances of where that guy incites all sort of crazy rhetoric. He gaslights his listeners into thinking the left and what not are gonna eat their babies or something all the time.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   

They weren't debunked he just denied saying them. Either way. There's plenty more instances of where that guy incites all sort of crazy rhetoric. He gaslights his listeners into thinking the left and what not are gonna eat their babies or something all the time.

Well then prove he said such things, post a link to the broadcast so we can hear it for ourselves?

You are just digging your hole deeper instead of just admitting you are spreading BS because of political bias.

You do realize that when you share debunked BS, then double down when called out for it, that you lose all credibility going forward, right?

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Heck Kobe hadn't even reached room temperature and the helicopter memes were flying...

The Internet is a elaborate social experiment and it is not reflection very well on us as a species. Babysteps...we'll get there.....eventually.

Peace

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: toolgal462

The site only questions two of the quotes are not being true.

You said several of those quotes were debunked. False.

The other two that are on the fence were dug up from his past, and he denied them. Either way, there is plenty more racist stuff he has said. Guy is toxic.

Edit. Sorry ot you. Someone else said several were debunked.
edit on 4-2-2020 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   
The two outright racist ones were debunked. The others need to be taken in context. Tasteless? Sure. Racist? Not really.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join