It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 million dollars to thank your Veterinarians??? Ignorance at its finest..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Maybe you saw the ad during the super bowl or read about this. Here's t the article.
Heres the commercial

If this man was truly a pet lover, he could have took the 6 million dollars and donated it to a human society, no kill shelter, or even opened and funded a no kill shelter.
I see that he is soliciting donations for the veterinary school, but ill bet dollars to donuts it wont generate 6 million dollars!!!
I would hope (and assume) that he made a generous donation to the school himself, but if he truly wanted to help, he could do SO much more with 6 million dollars.

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Brian4real

Why are you hating on an individual that chose to spend money to give awareness to the vet school?
Even if it doesn't generate any donations, an individual chose to highlight a school that helped him.
Are we so shallow these days that we are disrespected by sharing those that helped us when we needed it?

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Wth? What in the completand utter hell is what someone spends on something any of your business?

He could have spent it on booze and hookers and it STILL wouldnt be any damn business of yours.

Jeezus Christ...the gall of some people.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I like animals more than people.

human society pfff.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 07:20 AM
link   
The effing cynicism it takes to make an Original Post like that is beyond me.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   

When you hate on the World the World hates on you.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Vet schools do quite a bit of good too.

I have a very, very good friend who's a vet surgeon. He does a lot of good for a lot of animals now thanks to the training he received from vet school.

Also, do you know what every animal shelter and humane society in the world has one staff? At least one veterinarian and some vet techs. Do you know how they get those? Via vet schools ... so the animals at shelters who are rehabilitated, often from dire situations where they have been abused and neglected to the point of death in some circumstances, and go on to find loving forever homes, depend on those wonderful veterinarians and technicians who absolutely need to be trained to do the work they do by ... *gasp* veterinarian schools! Shocking, I know ...
edit on 4-2-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brian4real
Maybe you saw the ad during the super bowl or read about this. Here's t the article.
Heres the commercial

If this man was truly a pet lover, he could have took the 6 million dollars and donated it to a human society, no kill shelter, or even opened and funded a no kill shelter.
I see that he is soliciting donations for the veterinary school, but ill bet dollars to donuts it wont generate 6 million dollars!!!
I would hope (and assume) that he made a generous donation to the school himself, but if he truly wanted to help, he could do SO much more with 6 million dollars.

Why can't the man do both? Why can't he honor his best buddy, his dog... I may not be a billionaire, but i got a bond with my dog and if i could do a flex like this man did, i would too... He loves his dog and he wanted to demonstrate that love.. Why do you care? Do you go around questioning what all wealthy people do with their money? He made it, so allow him to spend it at his will... It was a nice gesture, but people like you always gotta turn it into something bad.... The Vet school saved his best friend and he wanted to bring awareness, not seeing what's wrong here... if anything, be mad that the superbowl charges absurd prices for a brief 30 second clip...

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fisherr
I like animals more than people.

Ummm...I hear ya...I'm the same way...

I like them...

Baked...fried...medium rare...medium well...with sauce...without sauce...on the side or as an entrée...Raw...cooked...stuffed with giblets...stuffed with other animals...

Yessir...I likes them more than people...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 10:06 PM
link   
My Sister in law worked very hard, long hours to become a Veterinarian. She actually had to go to school longer to become a Veterinarian than my other Sis went to school to become a Nurse Practitioner/ Physician Assistant!
Helping The Helpless

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Yeah, tell me about it. It's like you coming in here and making a "Thank your Doctor" commercial, and pitching the ad being for soliciting donations to an anti-dillhole behavioral rehab facility. I mean, what a complete waste. Didn't do you any good either way, right? So who cares?

You completely missed the f#g point is what happened.

Your foot must taste pretty good. Or you like being able to scratch the inside of the backdoor, because you really shoved it in there beyond the pale, bro.

new topics

top topics

join