It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

china shuts down movie and tv productions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 09:35 PM
link   
deadline.com...

thats bonkers.
are grocery stores open over there?

what about malls?

big time actors can just move the production overseas.
but regular creators who live in the big cities, thats it, no more paycheck this week.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Probably due to the now worldwide panic over , so far , just another virus from China.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I dunno man. I still think there's something super fishy going on with all this.

On one hand you have China clearly lying about numbers.. as they are rushing to build new spots for patients as their current health system is overrun..And they are barring in their citizens and using drones to monitor the streets. Seems quite "over exaggerated" no?

On the other, you have WHO stating this as a global health emergency..but you have these lame-ass low numbers? 17k confirmed infected and only 425 deaths? Seems really low for an "emergency".

So what is the truth? We may know in the coming months, but this has gone further than SARS did in casualties.
edit on 3-2-2020 by IrateCanadian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Probably due to the now worldwide panic over , so far , just another virus from China.

No more kung fu movies for everyone. Only Hollywood propaganda for the new born.

Don't be a free thinker follow the law!
edit on 3-2-2020 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: IrateCanadian

My buddy from Taiwan was telling me today that they are slowly bringing the numbers up to the truth so it doesnt freak everyone out

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: IrateCanadian

My buddy from Taiwan was telling me today that they are slowly bringing the numbers up to the truth so it doesnt freak everyone out

All them anti-china Asians spies fell for the trap. Attempt revolution on China, then bioweapon drops. Who could've thought of that. Obviously morons who refuse to check their own allies, yet keep blaming Chinese gov. The only country that was keeping the drug war in Asia in check was what country? China. Even Duterte smartened up. If drugs are loose freely what makes you think Biological warfare can't be loose? Them drug lords wasted everyone time on spying on the real enemies of humanity, mad scientists.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Look another person who hasnt been keeping up on whats going on, you realize in doing so, you yourself, could be a liability and cause more problems because you dont know whats happening

China wouldnt bring its whole economy to the brink of destruction, and risk losing face for "just another virus"
edit on 3-2-2020 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: IrateCanadian

I dunno man. I still think there's something super fishy going on with all this.

On one hand you have China clearly lying about numbers.. as they are rushing to build new spots for patients as their current health system is overrun..And they are barring in their citizens and using drones to monitor the streets. Seems quite "over exaggerated" no?

On the other, you have WHO stating this as a global health emergency..but you have these lame-ass low numbers? 17k confirmed infected and only 425 deaths? Seems really low for an "emergency".

So what is the truth? We may know in the coming months, but this has gone further than SARS did in casualties.

Being on ATS for a while now (a decade nearly) I can say your post resembles 100s (if not thousands) of past posts dating back since the start of ATS.
Classic Conspiracy.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Guys, the Chinese did a decent job at trying to contain the Virus, initially the response has been mostly positive.

However, due to the sheer volume of cases, they are slowly starting to lose grip on their ability to handle cases.

The rest of the world shall monitor.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Pretty sure ATS is where conspiracies are supposed to be talked and discussed.

But if you want to call "dissecting vital information" and questioning the "common sense" of WHO, "a classic conspiracy", then it sounds like CNN and the media did their job.

edit on 4-2-2020 by IrateCanadian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Can the Chinese government show any proof that this virus mutated from animal to human?

Or is that the cover story for the virus getting out accidentally (or purposely) from the BSL 4 lab suspiciously being in the same province (Wuhan) as the cases from the market?

Conspiracy? Yes indeed, and since this is a conspiracy website I want to throw a few ideas out there.
China's building of these "hospitals" are they there just to help people? Or is it so they can see and examine the effects and results of their possible experiment of releasing the virus?

Why would China tank their economy and kill their own people? Well, China's people are their greatest assets and their greatest burden. With a population of 1.4 billion I could see the Chinese government looking at alot of those people as expendable and conduct this sort of act on their population. It's really messed up and I hope this is not the case but.... it's possible.

As far as tanking the economy it's entirely possible they are not as vulnerable as they are showing the world. Remember they were masters of psy ops going back centuries. They could be doing this and we wouldn't really know.

A question I want to put out there to anyone that might know is: has their been any new vaccinations given to populations in China in the last 3 months to 2 years? Possibly saying it's for whatever disease but could be a vaccine they want to test against the coronavirus. Have government officials and elite in China gotten any new vaccines?

Yes this is all speculation but I believe this rabbit hole will be becoming much deeper in the next month or two.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: BerkshireEntity

A bunch of the data from genetic analysis suggests that a recombination event occurred to create nCoV. It’s rate of mutation is very slow which indicates a single source of infection that is most likely from an animal crossover.

From what I’ve read, there is a missing piece of the puzzle, some minor anomalies in the genetics, but most point to two coronavirus infections combining in some host and then jumping to humans, it could have even occurred in patient zero.

I need to do more reading, some studies say half the genome is off, the spike or infecting protein is tailored to humans through viral evolution in poultry, a snake or civet. They can’t figure out where the jump happened, some signs point to the recombination being more distant, years ago.

They’re also still trying to determine its ability to infect, it’s far greater than SARS or the version found in bats, but not nearly as severe, increasing its transmission. They sound just as confused as I am about it’s source.

There’s a missing recombination, evolution or change event that specifically tailored this to humans and the ACE2 receptor that is boosted by actin reorganization during initial infection, especially lung tissue.

new topics

top topics

join