It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iowa Caucus results

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Just saw on WSJ that Buttigieg won, followed by Bernie, then Biden.

Not sure on the authenticity because I don't subscribe to the WSJ and just saw a snip.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 09:10 PM
link   
CNN has spent the last 10ish minutes talking about Bloomberg who is apparently not even in the iowa thing tonight ,nate silver implies that it shows the "media bubble is getting worse" in regards to time spent on Mike bloomberg

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas
CNN has spent the last 10ish minutes talking about Bloomberg who is apparently not even in the iowa thing tonight ,nate silver implies that it shows the "media bubble is getting worse" in regards to time spent on Mike bloomberg

Bloomberg for winning the broken... erm... brokered convention is my theory.

Little Mike never went after anything he couldn't win.

Or could just buy.

edit on 3-2-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

think we are only at like 1.5% of results in so far so a bit early to call it ,my sanders supporter buddy is saying they had to move bidens area over because of so many votes for bernie but that is just from my buddy he didnt send a source

and cnn put out another article on how if bernie wins wallstreet will throw money at the republicans like its going out of style and that bernie cant beat trump

Bernie's surge could help Trump Some argue that it's far too early to freak out about Sanders, even if he performs well during the early nominating contests. "He has just about zero chance of winning a presidential election," Peter Boockvar, chief investment officer at Bleakley Advisory Group, wrote in a note to clients Monday. "The markets instead should assume that Trump gets reelected the better Sanders does, whether you like that or not." If Sanders is the nightmare outcome, four more years of Trump is widely seen as the best outcome for the stock market and Wall Street. "A second term of Trump is more low taxation, more deregulation and an indifference about trillion-dollar deficits," said Kotok. "Markets like that. Whether the country likes it, once it's fully digested, is another matter."
so there is this

edit to add live link from the Gaurdian so far mayor pete is off to a commanding lead of 190,sanders 120,warren 110 and biden 80 lol so he may not even end up getting votes in iowa but he did tell people to vote for the other guy www.theguardian.com... tes
edit on 3-2-2020 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
Just saw on WSJ that Buttigieg won, followed by Bernie, then Biden.

Not sure on the authenticity because I don't subscribe to the WSJ and just saw a snip.

Is this in reference to the Facebook claims?

Because the numbers for the Dems have not been released yet.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Isn't this like political masturbation?

I mean, it might feel good, but the DNC and Super Delegates finally pick the nominee, right?

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 09:24 PM
link   
per gaurdian first round of delegates

mayor pete 5

sanders 5

warren 4

biden is not making the list apparently

edit to add apparently these numbers are out of 41 so we have 14 of 41 taken out of equation in first round
edit on 3-2-2020 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

i THINK they weakend them after sanders getting boned last time but vox is still complaining www.vox.com...

The actual presidential nomination process is lengthy, convoluted, and provides ample opportunities for the frontrunner to stumble. It has unique dynamics that make it far different from a typical election. It’s part rollercoaster, part marathon. And key to everything is the calendar. Between February 3 and June 6, 57 separate primaries and caucuses will take place. Their outcomes will gradually assign candidates delegates necessary to win the nomination at the July national convention. The ordering and timing of contests is crucial — and it breaks down into two separate phases. Phase one is the four early states in February, which have a paltry number of delegates but an extraordinary impact on the race’s overall narrative. Phase two is the briefest but the most consequential: It spans March 1 to 17, in which more than half of all 3,979 pledged delegates will be locked down. And then phase three, if the nomination is still contested, will be a long, slow slog for the remaining delegates until early June (or until someone wins a majority). As the contest goes on, it shifts from one that’s fluid and unpredictable to one that’s about cold, hard math. Because once a candidate gets a significant delegate lead, that lead can be quite difficult to dislodge — particularly due to Democratic rules that delegates must be allotted proportionally based on results. And considering how important the calendar is, it may be surprising that no one dictated it from the top down. The DNC does protect the privileged position of the four early states, and it set an overall end date, but beyond that, it was really up to each state to decide when to hold its contest. Overall, what’s resulted is a messy and arguably even bizarre way to pick a nominee. It’s a process that ends up privileging certain states over others, and that can be buffeted by sudden volatility, especially early on. But it’s the system Democrats have. And it will determine who gets to run against Donald Trump in November.
so tldr its a mess and even most dems aren't happy with the process

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Real Clear Politics is showing interesting results with Bernie ahead, Mayor Pete and Warren very close for 2nd, then Biden and Klobuchar close for 4th and Yang way behind. Less than 2% reporting so those #s are irrelevant. Still interesting to watch the numbers come in.

That said, even though it's early Biden's bid may be over.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   
As much as I can't stand Bernie, I don't know a single Democrat who doesn't want him to win.

That said, it sounds like it's taking the establishment a while to rig these numbers in favor of someone other than Bernie.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Intersting info, considering Tulsi was polling at 8%, higher than most people on the stages, but CNN wouldnt let her come back to any of the debates

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 09:33 PM
link   
www.theguardian.com... tes same gaurdian link but an interesting new snippit

Iowa Democratic Party says it is performing 'quality control' on results In a statement to MSNBC about the delay in results, the Iowa Democratic Party said it is performing “quality control” on the numbers “out of an abundance of caution.”
"quality control" eh? and abundance of caution.......

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

and bloomberg is in next debate oddly enough after a large donation to the DNC

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas
a reply to: SailorJerry

and bloomberg is in next debate oddly enough after a large donation to the DNC

Im sure its all completely on the up and up

What i find also more interesting is how we have more "conservatives" being involved on ATS in all the debates and everything going on with the democrat party

Then actual democrats or leftists

Reinforcing my belief that for a large portion of the left, they just have NO idea how any of it works, and vote souley on feelings and what the media tells them to
edit on 3-2-2020 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 09:35 PM
link   

That's exactly what this is like, and when they get caught they'll feel ashamed and just go do it again.

It's a wonder that the S/T even … I mean DNC … even both holding cacaus err ca ca asses? what's the plural of cacus anyways?

Oh why does the DNC even bother with these, they stated in 2016 that they what the average voter wants doesn't matter. More specifically;

Bruce Spiva, a lawyer for the DNC, argued in its motion to dismiss that the party holds the right to select its candidate any way it chooses and is not bound by pledges of fairness.

SO then why both ... indeed?

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 09:37 PM
link   
**Quoting problems again! In response to Lumenari regarding dead people votes....

Lol, sad but true.

A lot of dead people voted against Ron Paul. I'm just glad I'm not watching that circus anymore. I lost a least a year of my life due to stress and frustration.
edit on 3-2-2020 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

It gives their base the illusion of choice.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 09:43 PM
link   
www.bloomberg.com...

Precinct chairs across Iowa said that some of them are struggling to use the new phone application for reporting Monday night’s caucus results, potentially delaying the counting of the first votes in the 2020 Democratic race. The application is one of the ways local officials who oversee individual caucuses are able to send results from each of the nearly 1,700 sites to the Iowa Democratic Party, which compiles and checks the results. The app was created to improve the efficiency of reporting of results, but chairs unable to use the app on Monday will send their results to the party via a call-in number. The party hotline has always been available to precinct chairs. State party officials said they have no concerns that the results will be counted inaccurately. The final tally could be delayed by a few hours because the chairs will have to call the hotline and read the results instead of submitting them electronically.
so the republicans much simpler and effective way of doing it was over in hours the dems are having trouble even getting results in due to some new phone app it seems, kind of an odd way to do things

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 09:43 PM
link   

I don't think it's an illusion.
Choice 1 believe what we told you to believe
Choice 2 do as we tell you to do

see they can choose.

Also they can choose to leave the party, so they have a lot of choices.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   
The incoming results have almost stalled due to "intense quality control measures" being implemented.

www.nbcnews.com...

I smell a rat... a BIDEN rat.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join