It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iowa Caucus results

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: ketsuko

I'm 100% opposed to all non-secret ballot votes, it opens the door to all kinds of **** during and after the fact.

Eh, I have less problem with Iowa being weird than I do with the idea that every state races to be first so that just a few states weed out the candidates the rest of us get to vote on when our own primaries come around. I'd prefer if there were a national primary day.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 07:41 AM
link   

I'm fine with that as well, I just don't like the non-secret ballot part, it's anathema to our system of democracy.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
hey they will just make it up as they go along......
nobody cared when the dnc did this last time....
pepperidge farms remembers

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
a reply to: UKTruth

Is it possible they are purposely delaying the results, in hope's that the eastern state of New Hampshire's votes will not be influenced by the vote results of the Midwestern rural flyover state of Iowa?

Is it even possible not to provide the info that long? Or is it just due to the SOTU tonight?

538.com are suggesting that the results will be delayed until after New Hampshire - so you may be right.
All that is left now is for Stacey Abrams to declare victory - and call anyone who protests racist.

edit on 4/2/2020 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I'm fine with that as well, I just don't like the non-secret ballot part, it's anathema to our system of democracy.

I can see sort of why they started doing it that way. I think it was meant to try to reach consensus. My understanding is they all go to corners and then try to convince each other about who's best and why.

In the day and times of now, that's a recipe for knock-down drag-out fights, but back in a more civil era, it might have worked out well enough.

Heh, I can see them arguing most of the day over not having enough corners for all their intesectionalities.
edit on 4-2-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
In the day and times of now, that's a recipe for knock-down drag-out fights, but back in a more civil era, it might have worked out well enough.

I don't think there ever was a 'civil era' when it comes to elections.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Does this remind you of how Bill Cosby looked when he was arrested?

What's going on with Joe Biden: mobile.twitter.com...

If they left him alone he'd be walking around sniffing children's hair, poking voters in the chest and yelling at them to vote for Trump.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Washington’s first election went alright...

I’m just going to say it, but maybe Iowa wouldn’t be having such a difficult time if they had a strong and capable candidate to support. Every single one is weak ideas, weaker implementations and even weaker character. As much as I joke and kid, Hillary wouldn’t have had to scrape this crop off her shoes like caked mud. They would have slipped right off on their own.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
Washington’s first election went alright....

Read the anti-Federalist screeds against him in the papers of that time.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: xuenchen
hey they will just make it up as they go along......
nobody cared when the dnc did this last time....
pepperidge farms remembers

It's a private corporation , There's no obligation to even report the results...

DNC : We Are a Private Corporation With No Obligation to Follow Our Rules

DNC attorneys assert that the party has every right to favor one candidate or another, despite their party rules that state otherwise because, after all, they are a private corporation and they can change their rules if they want.

it's a discretionary rule that it didn't need to adopt to begin with

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Okay I'm not gonna read through 14 pages of this. Has anyone mentioned that involving a mobile app in any part of this process is ridiculously unsecure? And then they pretend they're concerned about election integrity...

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: Gothmog

He has to... life long politician cant retire without a bang ya know?

Or a good long sniff of some kids hair.

I wonder which, "black boy," he has rubbing his leg hair tonight.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 08:34 AM
link   
It sure seems like democracy is being tampered with, first caucus, oh sorry we don't have a winner. This greatly effects other primaries as people start voting for the top 3 of their preference. If this happens in NH again then we know the fix is in.....again.
edit on 4-2-2020 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Well at least Russia didn't have a hand in it right?

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Washington’s decision to step down after two terms was because he was tired of the press yanking his chain the whole eight years.

But yes the Federalists and Anti-Federalists feuding makes today look eloquent as fistfights on the House floor were common. Someone acting all smug and greasy today would have found themselves beaten to death with a chair, probably by their own people, back then as an appeasement in order to keep the swords and pistols sheathed.

Ben Franklin’s invention of a fart bench that vented outside was to alleviate the massive passive-aggression in the rooms that they all dealt with at the time. He considered it a boon.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

No that is not what they are doing.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Deetermined
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

According to Fox News, Iowa hasn't reported ANYTHING to the media over the last 7 hours.

Here's a link to a reporting website for anyone who wants to keep tabs on it throughout the day.

results.thecaucuses.org...

The cover up is on.
Not even any decent information on what happened, never mind actual counts.
Buttigieg was even declaring victory last night!
WTF.

Actually, most of the candidates were declaring victory.

You truly can't make this sh#t up...

Ha!!

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Bernie supporters about now...

-----------------------------------

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   
This is such a parody of government too. Take something relatively simple and make it unnecessarily complicated and inefficient. Remember, these are the people that are way too smart for you, they should be telling you how to run your life because they're soooo smart.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Well at least Russia didn't have a hand in it right?

as if you know this for fact......
it very well may have been mah rushia

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join