It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 97
<< 94  95  96    98  99  100 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

originally posted by: Maker22
Doctor is not dead ?

News

wtf this story keeps getting weirder and weirder

It is on every news site that a early doctor whistleblower has died from the virus.

doctor

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01

Doctor is not dead ?

News

It is on every news site that a early doctor whistleblower has died from the virus.

doctor

But that hospital is denying he's dead now

www.scmp.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: EnhancedInterrogator
"originally posted by: [post=24925549]tanstaafl"

One thing I've noticed while travelling in China previously, is that virtually everybody smokes. It reminded me of early 1970's in the Northeastern United States. Id' say at least 80% of adults there are cigarette smokers - maybe lower for those with money and could be higher for the poor.

Wow, didn't know that. So, combine that with their already extremely poor air quality in the cities, that could explain the much higher death rates. Thanks...

Air pollution, specially the amount of particles in the air, in China is amazingly bad. A score of around 180 in Hubei and close areas, with 30-40 being clean air.

For reference, we have sandstorms in the Canary islands, which can cause serious complications in children and older people, not to mention people with breathing problems such as asthma.
Even during those sandstorms, where you lose COMPLETE visibility of everything that is 0.5km or further away and the air is filled with sand, we only get like a 170 on that same air quality index.

So imagine what it is like to live in those areas in China, it must cause a number in your lungs and immunity system, because if you're from there, you're dealing with a lot of pollution in the air probably throughout your entire life.

Sandstorms, on the other hand, only last a week or more and happen maybe twice a year.

aqicn.org...

Page for Air Pollution in China and other places.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

a reply to: tanstaafl
It probably isnt spreading like wild fire because we are a little more sanitary over here.

One reason, for sure...

Also I am starting not to believe that our (the US) authorities are being completely open about the cases over here.

I'm sure they're not being completely open, but we don't have the same kinds of censorship issues they have in China, so, while they can keep quiet about things, if it was a lot worse than is being reported, there would be noise/talk online about it (like here for example)...

There is talk about it online, being worse that is. One of the posters is on this thread.

Instead he keeps getting ridiculed for not having proof of his claims.

So your logic can be two sided here.

Maybe there are whistleblowers, people who are trying to get the word out, and nobody wants to believe them.

Just saying that's all.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

If hospitals were being overwhelmed to the degree we are seeing in China it couldn't be hidden. We aren't there yet.

That's not say it isn't here and circulating to some degree, but we haven't reached the crisis we see in China.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: pasiphae

Doctor is not dead ?

News

doctor

But that hospital is denying he's dead now

www.scmp.com...

Is that the same hospital and Chinese government that is being truthful about the numbers and severity of this situation? A little bit of sarcasm here, sorry.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   
The strange thing about this virus, is it's not really effecting children, and they not know why exactly.

interesting article about it.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: pasiphae

From the images I posted here is a rough translation about the doctors death.. Again this supposedly a group chat between Doctors I can't confirm

According to the screenshots, the entire ECMO situation was a show to pacify the people. i.imgur.com...

:urgently transferred a machine over, to pretend they're resuscitating him.

:resuscitating a dead man.

:the people these days aren't so easily fooled.

:he's already gone.

:the truth will surface in the end.

:making a show out of this[exasperated]

:if the rumors saying that they pretended to resuscitate him are true, the Wuhan administration is terrifying.

:the doctors on the scene were all in the dark.

:had no idea what the higherups wanted to do. i.imgur.com...

Yes:

:higherups said to keep on resuscitating [undecipherable screenshot]

:if he died it would be trouble, we need to keep on trying, even if we can't do it, it's a posture.

:the anger among social media will shake the land. i.imgur.com...

Name of group chat: main chat for Wuhan University alumni, Zhejiang

[in reply to news of the doctors death]

:what stupid hospital is this? Our own doctors can't receive the best care?

:why don't we start a fundraiser?

:I wish this was a rumor

:Applied the ECMO too late

:they've announced his death, after seeing the public opinion, hurriedly started the ECMO, the director of the hospital was afraid of being scolded : if they opened the ECMO earlier, I think he wouldn't have died. After all, he was young and in good shape.

i.imgur.com...

:he's passed

:passed at eight thirty

:afterwards, they gave him a tracheostomy because of pressure

:he had to suffer

:after his passing, they applied ECMO and intubated him.

i.imgur.com...

Bonus: Purpoted instructions from officials to manage information and to allow this incident to fade away. i.imgur.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Re the latest uk case it said she (I think I read she) went to A&E and was admitted. Test results came back, presumably 24 hours or more later. In the meantime were they in an open ward?

Seems likely to me. We spent 10 hours in a children's ward day room at new year. In the same room as 8 other kids coughing and sniffing. Hours later one kid was taken out and isolated with RSV.
I'm not suggesting there was anything untoward about the diagnosis but what I'm saying, in the UK at least, A&E is rammed as are ward day rooms waiting to admit people to non existent beds. And don't get me started on side room quarantine procedures where people just 'pop' in and so don't feel the need for gowns and gloves.

Re the Singapore travel angle on the case apparently WHO are investigating a meeting from which people have been confirmed to have the virus. Not sure if linked to this case.
mobile.reuters.com...
edit on 2/6/2020 by checkmeout because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

Maybe there are whistleblowers, people who are trying to get the word out, and nobody wants to believe them.

It does bring back memories of the 9/11 threads. This story with the doctor is a clear sign there is misinformation going on. He is not like Schrodinger's cat where he is alive and dead. Someone is lying.

With parts of the media lying for so long I don't think they can tell the truth even if they wanted to. It does look like there is a big coordinated campaign of social order, it's all good. For those that don't want to face the reality of a pandemic it makes it easier for them. What could they do anyway?

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Adphil28
a reply to: TickettyBoo

Isn’t any point getting wound up or stressed about it, by the time we all know it will be to late, best you can do is stay calm, wash hands like you’ve ocd, Ovid planes (if possible) and don’t be going to big crowded public events for a months or so if it all blows over

Stay chilled and drink beer (or wine)

Thank you for being the voice of reason in my head
and I'm already a bit OCD about cleanliness anyway. I am supposed to be flying on holiday at the beginning of April but I'm reserving the right to call off if I dont feel comfortable. At the moment I'm trying to keep updated with both the "OMG we're doomed" camp and the "nothing to see here" one and also stay objective while prepping a bit just in case. ... Its exhausting ....

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: EndtheMadnessNow
I was reading a few news articles last night and one item of interest to me that stood out is the number of infections in Chinese/Asian children is extremely low.
Little kids are always touching everything, picking up germs everywhere, touching their face, mouth & eyes constantly.
I couldn't find any good explanations as to why.

Children are easy to indoctrinate.

Maybe this is related to the Georgia Guidestones.

Kill off the older population, leaving the younger that are easy to train in the new ways.

There, I posted some doom.
edit on b000000292020-02-06T13:03:19-06:0001America/ChicagoThu, 06 Feb 2020 13:03:19 -0600100000020 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Nice article

originally posted by: Jay-morris
The strange thing about this virus, is it's not really effecting children, and they not know why exactly.

edit on 6-2-2020 by RubyRogue because: Up!

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Pangolin as a potential intermediate host

Original title: South China Agricultural University finds pangolin as a potential intermediate host for a new coronavirus

At 1 am on February 7th, South China Agricultural University announced on its official WeChat: South China Agricultural University, Lingnan Modern Agricultural Science and Technology Guangdong Provincial Laboratory, Professor Shen Yongyi, Professor Xiao Lihua and other researchers jointly with the PLA Academy of Military Medical The latest research conducted by researcher Yang Ruizhang and senior veterinary surgeon Chen Wu from the Guangzhou Zoo Scientific Research Department showed that pangolins are potential intermediate hosts for the new coronavirus. 

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

He’s dead. CCP will cover it up or at least try until it’s convenient for them to say he died.

Notice also on Twitter and other places “hero medical person” stories are becoming more prevalent. I think CCP has sock puppet accounts and compromised reporters in western media.

And coincidentally WHO says infections decreasing this morning.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris

qz.com...

There are two reasons older adults are more susceptible to infections. First, seniors are more likely to have other chronic health conditions, like diabetes or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, that make it harder for their bodies to cope with damage caused by a new pathogen. Every year, the majority of flu deaths are seen in people 65 or older.

Second, the immune system changes with age—particularly in its ability to respond to coronaviruses. Unlike the flu virus, which does most of the damage to your body on its own, most of the symptoms from coronavirus infections actually come from the body’s immune response, Menachery says. Although he and his lab team are still characterizing these reactions, it seems like coronaviruses encourage older immune systems to kick in with extra inflammation, which can have a cascading effect.

Unlike the flu, which has higher fatality rates in both young children and older adults, coronaviruses tend to only be more dangerous for seniors. In a paper published on Jan. 29, scientists writing in the New England Journal of Medicine recorded 0 cases of 2019-nCoV in children 15 and under. This doesn’t mean that children are immune to the virus, but they may be better at fighting it off if they’re otherwise healthy.

These scientists seem to know why it's hitting adults harder than it's hitting kids.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

CCP is really showing their weaknesses right now

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: misfit312
Pangolin as a potential intermediate host

Original title: South China Agricultural University finds pangolin as a potential intermediate host for a new coronavirus

At 1 am on February 7th, South China Agricultural University announced on its official WeChat: South China Agricultural University, Lingnan Modern Agricultural Science and Technology Guangdong Provincial Laboratory, Professor Shen Yongyi, Professor Xiao Lihua and other researchers jointly with the PLA Academy of Military Medical The latest research conducted by researcher Yang Ruizhang and senior veterinary surgeon Chen Wu from the Guangzhou Zoo Scientific Research Department showed that pangolins are potential intermediate hosts for the new coronavirus. 

They are hunted in Asia to eat and for their scales.
Their diet is exclusively insectivorous.
I wonder where they would pick the virus up?

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Starting reading this thread with great interest, and like others have said was reminded how ATS used to be and the general discussion was how a discussion should be.
Some know more, some are more intelligent and most just want to learn more even if those thoughts are naive, wrong or ridiculous in others opinions ....
But this thread half way through turned into personal arguments of opinions with responses that did, have and will put common folk from joining the discussion from those that come across as soooo superior.
Could take longer to express thoughts, but as indicated before... Half way through this topic lost the joy of reading such topics on ATS because of certain people and their manner to those with maybe less educated opinions but trying to learn and engage in a discussion without condescending smart asses.
Shame, thought ATS was showing hints of what it was.....

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: misfit312

I refuse to believe or accept that article.

top topics

<< 94  95  96    98  99  100 >>

join