It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 96
<< 93  94  95    97  98  99 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Pommer89

would be really weird if he got it in Singapore yet he wasnt at any events that were highly populated by Chinese nationals, thats another alarm bell

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Ok I just stumbled on something posted on Reddit I can't read it. Said to be group chat between doctors.

PLEASE NOTE Since I can't read it I can't verify it. Asking for help

i.imgur.com...
i.imgur.com... i.imgur.com... i.imgur.com... i.imgur.com...

i.imgur.com...

source not American says must be 18
edit on 6-2-2020 by misfit312 because: (no reason given)

Forgot one and more at link

imgur.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

This post talks about a person who tested negative 3x then positive on the 4th:

amp.scmp.com...
On the 4th test he was confirmed to have virus. How many test are we doing to confirm suspected cases?

Violater1 has a thread based on this.

I too would appreciate further information on this aspect.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   
~bump~

just wanted to update FYI stuff

allnewspipeline.com...
article about how/what to get or expect for a shelter-in-place period of time

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Lands on red

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

The answer to the ops question is “as many as it takes!”

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: slatesteam

Because everyone has their own protocols and no one really fully knows what it is they're dealing with yet.

And here's the really fun part - If this thing breaks out in the US, then you will see even more discrepancy because every state will have their own measures going forward. Each will deal with it in their own way up to a point right up until there is a declaration of martial law.

You can argue that countries like China might have a better system to react, but then you are also trusting that the one system will absolutely make the right choices. And I think it's clear by now that they done gone and effed up their handling of this one.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

I’d question the number there ? 13000 world wide??? Did it jump 18000 in 3 days?
edit on 6-2-2020 by Adphil28 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: misfit312
Found some firsthand info on the lockdowns

status for Shanghai 6/2: - No restrictions on leaving the community - No restrictions on leaving the city (mobile registration for entering)

In Shanghai, the streets are empty, been getting videos and pics from family members there.

Also, there have been whole apartment buildings quarantined there - out of an over-abundance of caution.

Basically, from what I have been told - if somebody in your building gets diagnosed with it, your entire building gets quarantined-in-place.

So, while there might only be one person added to the official count as "infected" (and probably at a hospital), there might be several-hundred "exposed" for such a quarantined-in-place building. Those potentially "exposed", presumably don't show-up in any official count, unless they start showing symptoms or test for it.

edit on 2020-2-6 by EnhancedInterrogator because: gammer,spling,4matten

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   
On the 30 Jan the number of deaths were reported at 132 (according to China) and the daily increases up until then had been 41, 81. 104. 132. We are now at 566 some 7 says later so the death rate has quadrupled in a week.

If that death rate continues as follows approx. every 7 days then looks like the following after 7 days, 1 month & 2 months from now.
1 Week 1 Month 2 Months
2264 144896 37093376

I wont bother with 3 months because.......................

Surely that is not possible! But if the body retains the virus for up to 4 weeks then who knows. The Chinese have said that by the 8 Feb the increase rate will slowdown but if anything it continues to grow.

So lets see what the reported numbers are on the 13 Feb. If they are 0ver 9000 then sh.t!

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: EnhancedInterrogator

Going back to the idea of fecal-oral ... apparently during the SARS outbreak one man in China infected/exposed his entire apartment building because of the type of toilet - a simple squat toilet. He more or less had diarrhea and the column of infectious feces infected a lot of other people.

Just ... FYI since they have discovered viral RNA in feces.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

I feel the same. We now know that in the US it takes a week to get test results. The WHO said the other day that hospitals don't have test kits... it has to be done by the CDC here. That's going to cause some lag time for sure. Then there's the likelihood that it takes more than 3 weeks for serious cases to die. I just don't think we can relax unless by the end of February things are looking better. However, we've never in our lifetimes seen anything like this so who knows what the hell is going to happen. My only hope is that it's mortality rate isn't as high as I'm worried it is.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

originally posted by: loam
So much for the theory you need human fluid to be communicable.

mobile.twitter.com...

I'd be nervous having that crap sprayed into my home/windows..

China's never given a damn about its poor people, why so much effort now to help/save them?

China knows what this is, its not just some natural virus that was born in a bat.

I am really starting to believe this is modified to target people of Asian ethnicity..

It could bring China to its knee's..

Actually, I am wondering how long it is going to take before China doesn't bother to wait for victims of this virus to die before cremating them.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: zeetroyman
a reply to: Adphil28
As a scotsman, ive already claimed them mate. Move along, nothing to see here

Hi neighbour
it's nice to come across a fellow Scot. Hopefully this virus sees us as the backwoods of the world and just moves right along

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

bnonews.com...

There are currently 28,364 confirmed cases worldwide, including 566 fatalities.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

In the digestive system, besides esophagus upper and stratified epithelial cells, ACE2 was also found in the absorptive enterocytes from ileum and colon, the most vulnerable intestinal epithelial cells. In microbe infections, the intestinal epithelial cells function as a barrier and help to coordinate immune responses[35]. The absorptive enterocytes can be infected by coronavirus, rotavirus and noroviruses, resulting in diarrhea by destructing absorptive enterocytes, malabsorption, unbalanced intestinal secretion and activated enteric nervous system[36-38]. Thus, we suppose that the enteric symptom of diarrhea might be associated with the invaded ACE2-expressing enterocytes. In addition, due to the high expression of cell receptor ACE2 in esophagus upper and stratified epithelial cells and absorptive enterocytes from ileum and colon, we suppose that digestive system can be invaded by 2019-nCov and serve as a route of infection.

The digestive system is a potential route of 2019-nCov infection: a bioinformatics analysis based on single-cell transcriptomes - bioRxiv This article is a preprint and has not been certified by peer review

Fecal oral seems to be on the table as far as potential means of transmission.

link   

originally posted by: EnhancedInterrogator
"originally posted by: [post=24925549]tanstaafl"

One thing I've noticed while travelling in China previously, is that virtually everybody smokes. It reminded me of early 1970's in the Northeastern United States. Id' say at least 80% of adults there are cigarette smokers - maybe lower for those with money and could be higher for the poor.

Wow, didn't know that. So, combine that with their already extremely poor air quality in the cities, that could explain the much higher death rates. Thanks...

link   
a reply to: Joeshiloh

I like WuFlu Live's charts better, not sure who runs that site, but very useful (assuming its remotely accurate/based on known official releases).

wuflu.live...

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01
It probably isnt spreading like wild fire because we are a little more sanitary over here.

One reason, for sure...

Also I am starting not to believe that our (the US) authorities are being completely open about the cases over here.

I'm sure they're not being completely open, but we don't have the same kinds of censorship issues they have in China, so, while they can keep quiet about things, if it was a lot worse than is being reported, there would be noise/talk online about it (like here for example)...

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
Violater1 has a thread based on this.

I too would appreciate further information on this aspect.

Thanks - yeah, not much else in that thread (yet at least)...

Inquiring minds...

new topics

top topics

<< 93  94  95    97  98  99 >>

join