It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 92
<< 89  90  91    93  94  95 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: zeetroyman

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: MetalThunder

What's your avatar? I can read "CDC quarantine"... piqued my interest (ON-TOPIC POST because it relates to CDC and possibly nCov-2019)

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Quarantine center locations .... Right Click ... copy or save image as ....

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

originally posted by: deltaalphanovember
So South America and Africa do not have a single case. Not even suspected.

There are a bunch of suspected cases in South America and Africa, just none confirmed maphub.net...

Thanks, those cases were not showing on the other dashboard I have been following.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev
I am not surprised to hear that. Getting a billion testing kits up and out in time is a real logistical challenge. Open sewers in many parts, lack of hygiene, high population density, it is going to spread fast through there.

Yeah, I've been waiting to see what happens with India. I fear that the sheer density of population along with sewage/drainage issues there, this thing is going to tear through India rapidly.

Even if it's only a small percentage of the population that dies - that's still huge. It wouldn't surprise me if fatality numbers in India will eventually exceed China's (not just the "official" China numbers, but actually numbers we'll find out years later).

On the upside, they have a lot of water-ways that are so polluted with industrial/chemical run-off, that might actually help inhibit the spread? Although, somehow the rats and roaches survive it, so maybe they'll live through it to be carriers.

edit on 2020-2-6 by EnhancedInterrogator because: gammer,spling,4matten

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: EnhancedInterrogator

If this thing does spread through fecal-oral, then India and many places in South America/Central America are going to be trouble.

Heck, there are now places on the West Coast that will also have some severe issues.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Someone posted an article earlier I can't find it but it was an interview with a doctor.
I think there might be some good info in here to repeat. It looks like the virus has 3 stages. I imagine hospitalization will be longer than 3 weeks for SOME because, even after week 3 you need to heal and be virus free..

I've observed that the breakout period of the novel coronavirus tends to be three weeks, from the onset of symptoms to developing difficulties breathing. Basically going from mild to severe symptoms takes about a week. There are all sorts of mild symptoms: feebleness, shortness of breath, some people have fevers, some don't. Based on studies of our 138 cases, the most common symptoms in the first stage are fever (98.6 per cent of cases), feebleness (69.6 per cent), cough (59.4 per cent), muscle pains (34.8 per cent), difficulties breathing (31.2%), while less common symptoms include headaches, dizziness, stomach pain, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting.

But some patients who enter the second week will suddenly get worse. At this stage, people should go to the hospital. The elderly with underlying conditions may develop complications; some may need machine-assisted respiration. When the body's other organs start to fail, that's when it becomes severe, while those with strong immune systems see their symptoms decrease in severity at this stage and gradually recover. So the second week is what determines whether the illness becomes critical.

The third week determines whether critical illness leads to death. Some in critical condition who receive treatment can raise their level of lymphocytes, a type of white blood cell, and see an improvement in their immune systems, and have been brought back, so to speak. But those whose lymphocyte numbers continue to decline, those whose immune systems are destroyed in the end, experience multiple organ failure and die.

For most, the illness is over in two weeks, whereas for those for whom the illness becomes severe, if they can survive three weeks, they're good. Those that can't will die in three weeks

source

edit on 6-2-2020 by misfit312 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Say a person contracts the virus and begins to recover, how long will they continue shedding virus?

This is my current understanding and subject to change.

Infection usually starts in the bottom of the lungs from breathing it in. As it establishes it works it way up the bronchial tubes it spreads to the gut through swallowing saliva. There are other parts of the body that the virus infects like the testes, if you are a male and recover you will likely be sterile. Where this virus gets really insidious is when it infects the bone marrow and impedes white cell production.

What is defined as a recovery is still somewhat clouded. For those that do improve in condition, their body has learnt to live with it. Our bodies are a jungle of microbial action with trillions of interacting cells, nCov is to become one more for the mix.

I hope I am wrong.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

I was not aware nCov-2019 attacks a male's reproductive organs and can make them sterile, wow that is some news to me! Yikes...

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Again if this was an airborn bio weapon the POTUS would be in a bunker. We have had confirmed cases here in the states for a while now so the government would know 100% for sure if this was an airborn bio weapon and they would not let the POTUS the VP and the Secretary of state all in the same room with a bunch hand shaking, baby kissing politicians.

Just my 2 cents. I think its really bad but probably not a bio weapon.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: wuflu
Again if this was an airborn bio weapon the POTUS would be in a bunker. We have had confirmed cases here in the states for a while now so the government would know 100% for sure if this was an airborn bio weapon and they would not let the POTUS the VP and the Secretary of state all in the same room with a bunch hand shaking, baby kissing politicians.

Just my 2 cents. I think its really bad but probably not a bio weapon.

They theorize that this thing has been in circulation in China since perhaps early November or late October by some estimates, and if it were truly airborne ... the entire world would be experiencing widespread outbreaks by now, and all of Asia would be burning.

The R0 number would be much, much higher than it is. There are very few truly virulent, low resistance airborne diseases out there. Measles is the worst and the archtypical one to look at for this idea.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Power_Semi

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777
This thread is moving too faST.

sOME PEOPLE ARE WASTING SPACE CHATTING ABOUT OTHER THINGS, INSTEAD OF THE actual numbers being infected.

Can we try to just keep to the facts of the virus! News sources and text from that?

Maybe if you want to have long conversation, go to 'chat' forum.

Its just very tiring thread, trying to read the important stats with all the other posts!

If you just want to see numbers go to bno news, don't need a thread with people just posting the same numbers over and over again.

What most of us find interesting is different opinions about what' really happening, probably because it's like old ATS before it turned into US politics only.

You might not believe this but there's a whole world outside the US of A (in fact the vast majority of people on earth live there), and a whole universe of topics outside of US politics.

I dont live in the USA. i LIVE IN lONDON, eNGLAND

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Having just had surgery on the shoulder joint and having I really hope that bone thing isn’t true
the old bones having been aching like flu for 2 weeks now

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
STILL no updates on cases that were first suspected (here in the US) 10+ days ago. WTF

tHERE MUST BE UPDATES SOMEWHERE. oVER HERE IN eNGLAND, WE GET TOLD A DAY or 2 later

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev

Say a person contracts the virus and begins to recover, how long will they continue shedding virus?

This is my current understanding and subject to change.

Infection usually starts in the bottom of the lungs from breathing it in. As it establishes it works it way up the bronchial tubes it spreads to the gut through swallowing saliva. There are other parts of the body that the virus infects like the testes, if you are a male and recover you will likely be sterile. Where this virus gets really insidious is when it infects the bone marrow and impedes white cell production.

What is defined as a recovery is still somewhat clouded. For those that do improve in condition, their body has learnt to live with it. Our bodies are a jungle of microbial action with trillions of interacting cells, nCov is to become one more for the mix.

I hope I am wrong.

I haven't been following your comments in this thread which I've read most of. Where are you getting your information? Your description would seem more like a bioengineered virus..... Is this just something you've come up with? How did you get info about becoming sterile???

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

Usually bno site updates morning here in Germany so would be about the same in U.K. but seemed to stand still for a day before yesterday
bnonews.com...
Must have updated today as U.K. showing 3
edit on 6-2-2020 by Adphil28 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: pasiphae

I would take that all with a massive boulder of salt.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   

There are other parts of the body that the virus infects like the testes, if you are a male and recover you will likely be sterile. Where this virus gets really insidious is when it infects the bone marrow and impedes white cell production.

This is the first I'm seeing this information. I mean this in the most respectful way possible, do you have any citations (links) for this?

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Doctor who sounded alarm on coronavirus died

Can someone help me out here, as i cant sift through 93 pages... but did this guy die in a mysterious way or did he just get the virus & die? Something feels off here.. 34 years old? I thought this was affecting old people and children... not healthy adults?

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 11:10 AM
link   

seconding your post

new topics

top topics

<< 89  90  91    93  94  95 >>

join