It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 91
<< 88  89  90    92  93  94 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Power_Semi
A Godless, useless, pointless group of obese self obsessed, selfie taking, me, me, me look at me and tell me how great I am

oi! I am not obese ... I work out hard for these selfies

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Adphil28

Apparently India are not testing people

I am not surprised to hear that. Getting a billion testing kits up and out in time is a real logistical challenge. Open sewers in many parts, lack of hygiene, high population density, it is going to spread fast through there. With the few that do have the money I expect they will get better service, access to drugs and other equipment to help keep them alive. For the rest that live in poverty it will be things as usual.

In some ways they maybe the lucky ones, just get it over and done with. With the nations that try and fight it with tight quarantine methods they may buy some time but there is no where to hide. Sooner or later it will find a way through, unless you are some how able to fully shut yourself off from the rest of the world in some deep or remote part.
edit on 6-2-2020 by kwakakev because: grammer

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev

Most of the people I have been in contact with over the past month were glad to have the political distractions going on. It helped keep everything under the radar, so to speak.

There is a noticeable uptick in coverage of Coronavirus on the MSM news today in U.S. Fox News has been covering it at least once every hour today, but like you said, with Iowa, and the impeachment behind us, they don't have as much to cover now. Maybe with the added news coverage we'll more updates from the CDC.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: tennisdawg

originally posted by: wuflu

originally posted by: drussell41

originally posted by: tennisdawg

a reply to: tennisdawg

Virus can live on metal surfaces up to 21 days in the right conditions

Source? Know way this was info you received for your project. So where is this coming from? Info wrs and Alex jones?

First of all, when designing a temporary facility for a quarantine area, it is helpful to know what kind of materials the virus survives the longest on. This info pushed me away from using standard stainless steel countertops. You have been challenging everything I post since you created your login recently. I have been here for 10 years. Good luck with your disinfo campaign.

Because you are saying outlandish #. With no sources or any verification. And IMO if you were this important a guy with this much info on a global pandemic you would not have the time to constantly post in this thread.

So what you been here 10 years. That means absolutely nothing.

When you post it can live on surfaces for up to 21 days that needs a source.

This is not INFO WARS

I am sick of reading your constant undermining of what appears to be a genuine source. My spouse is in DOD Contracting. I relayed everything this guy said, figuring if he had the contracting procedure down, along with a few other pieces of information, he may be relaying the truth. He passes the test. In contrast, you're some newcomer who just wants to undermine everything this particular person says. Have a hard-on for him, huh? Give it a rest already. You don't have to believe a word he says. But get a life.

The fact that he's been here for a decade means he's probably not a disinformation agent....unlike yourself.

So if I dont agree with him just shut up right? LOL.. I will keep challenging what he says because none of it has come to fruition at all. Are there places being built in Biloxi or Plum island?

First of all, I never said anything was being built in Biloxi. I was sent to Keesler AFB in Biloxi, as a central location to access (in person) the BP owned portion of Cat Island, Ship Island, barges/docks, and even Guantanamo Bay. The delay of the sale of Plum Island, NY was part of the information I was given early on.

I am not a contractor. I am a consultant for mega build projects, primarily focusing on hospitals, temporary facilities, and utilities. Every couple of years or so, my name is given to federal entities that need my assistance on emergency projects.

Typically, these emergency projects are provided for a future hypothetical situation. That does not appear to be the case with this strand of coronavirus. I was given very detailed information that appear to be known facts.

This project did not go through the typical chain of government. There was no RFP (request for proposal). There was no ITB (invite to bid). There was no advertisement, and I was not sent any emails. This was a phone call to my personal cell phone, then an in person meeting where I could view the information on paper. Very atypical procedures.

you said this

The location of this facility is still being determined, but Keesler AFB in Biloxi, MS is looking at utilizing the BP owned portion of Cat Island and a small portion of Ship island off the coast of Mississippi. Barges are also being looked at as well, which would make the most sense to me.

So are there facilities being built off of ship island should be pretty verifiable right? Are there barges amassing there should be verifiable right?

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

CDC deferred that sort of to state level.

See the post in this thread with the call details.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   
So South America and Africa do not have a single case. Not even suspected.

I don't know if I should be glad or worried.

But on reflection, knowing the state of our health care, I am terrified - we simply do not have the resources and capabilities of wealthier nations. Heck, right now we get 4 - 8 hours a day without power.
Imagine hundreds or thousands of patients requiring ventilators.

In 2008 - 2009, there were 4 719 ICU beds in the private and public sectors in South Africa, with 75% (3 533) in the former and 25% (1 186) in the latter. The majority of ICU beds in the two sectors were located in three provinces: Gauteng (49%), KwaZulu-Natal (14%) and Western Cape (15%), representing 78% of ICU beds (3 703/4 719) and catering for 54% of the country’s population. Eastern Cape had fewer than 300 beds, North West and Mpumalanga had fewer than 150 beds, and Limpopo and Northern Cape had 66 and 47 beds respectively. With the proposed NHI scheme, the number of ICU beds available would be 4 719, which would translate into a bed:population ratio of approximately 1:10 000. However, there are large variations across the provinces, which makes the availability of this level of care in some provinces non-existent.

link

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
REMEMBER TO WASH YOUR HANDS FOR 20 MINUTES

Seriously? 20 MINUTES? I have never, in my life, washed my hands for more than 20 or 30 seconds.

I can't see anyone - ANYONE - washing their hands for 20 minutes.

Please tell me that was a typo and you meant seconds?

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: deltaalphanovember

originally posted by: TruthJava
a reply to: TruthJava

just read this on Twitter...

" Chinese doctor Li Wenliang, one of the eight whistleblowers who tried to warn other medics of the #coronavirus outbreak but were reprimanded by local police, dies of coronavirus on Thursday in Wuhan"

TWEET

RIP Hero

I was just going to post about this too. Thank you. Interesting question that someone responding on that Twitter thread asked: "Please look at his timeline of events. He got extremely sick 1/11 and went to the ICU 3 days later. Tested negative until Feb. 1. That's 21 days testing negative. Why are we only quarantining 14 days?"

Don't know if her timeline is accurate, but if so, that would explain maybe why some of the test results are taking so long to come back. Maybe they keep re-testing them??

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   
from the info I have read or seen/heard about the Wuflu/corona-strain...there are snipps of HIV/SARS/MERS Proteins all deliberately inserted into this Virus genome (engineered vs. natural mutations)

so looking for standard patterns of infection & spread of disease is a waste-of-time...and too much time-energy is being wasted on 'rationalizing'... look to the China reaction to the spread of this 'corona'strain of the virus...China most likely is not going overboard in trying to contain or sequester the virus...their 'overkill reaction' should be a message to the USAs CDC and other nations' Health Agencies too.

I suspect that the Protein snips that are from other-than-'Corona' strains of Virus are inserted for a defined purpose -->
which could be to generate a Virus that would purposely mutate in a series of stages :
each snip of HIV/MERS/SARS proteins would change or mutate to add on to Each protein snip thus making the Coronavirus combined with each of the other virus' that much more long-lived and Deadly...

Perhaps even to circle the globe several times in a evolution of mutations which re-infect previous survivors from the last go around... so a Magnitude of Deadliness would arise with the combined 'Corona/HIV/MERS/SARS Virus would be galloping around the Globe ---------------------->>> until it eventually peters' out.

that's all the doom scenario I suggest might happen

~opinion~ not factual evidence, but the foundation of inserted protein snips is Real info....(according to a Harvard Research Doctor on a YT video, somewhere in this thread, around page 20+)

edit on th29158100719306392020 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   
nm

edit on 6-2-2020 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: deltaalphanovember
So South America and Africa do not have a single case. Not even suspected.

There are a bunch of suspected cases in South America and Africa, just none confirmed maphub.net...

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: tennisdawg

Thank you for sharing what you have, please continue doing so in order for everyone to make the decisions they feel best.

Many thanks to all involved in this thread, keep the updates and ideas coming!

Here is a question for those with the training and knowledge necessary for an accurate answer:

Say a person contracts the virus and begins to recover, how long will they continue shedding virus?

I can envision a scenario wherein some people get this without realizing they have this thinking it's a regular flu or cold because they're not sereverly ill, not get tested, and pass it along to others who then eventually do get severely ill and not know how they contracted the disease.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: deltaalphanovember

A while ago, Ivory Coast had a suspected case I thought. It may since have tested negative.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl
It is still looking like this hits native Chinese much, much harder. It is weird, strange, and very bad, especially for them, but if it does, why?

One thing I've noticed while travelling in China previously, is that virtually everybody smokes. It reminded me of early 1970's in the Northeastern United States. Id' say at least 80% of adults there are cigarette smokers - maybe lower for those with money and could be higher for the poor.

So, my suspicion would be that rather than being genetically-targeted to people of Chinese-descent, its just that there is a larger-than-you-might-expect-elsewhere percentage of the population with the proverbial "compromised immune systems".

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

Right so..., moving to those island off the coast of Scotland it is lol

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Adphil28
As a scotsman, ive already claimed them mate. Move along, nothing to see here

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: deltaalphanovember

Africa "Could" get disturbing if not downright UGLY fast

Africa has 1.2 billion people and only six labs that can test for coronavirus. How quickly can they ramp up? - Feb 6 - 2020

No cases have been confirmed so far in any of Africa’s 54 countries, but the risk of an outbreak is high, World Health Organization leaders say. Africa is home to 1.2 billion people, including an estimated 1 million Chinese nationals, who tend to work in business, construction, oil and mining — a testament to Beijing’s increasingly tight relationship with Senegal, Nigeria, Ethiopia and beyond.

edit on 262020 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

That's a big question.

Going back to the German chain again ... the man who had gotten it from the lady he was in the meeting with and had since come down with mild flu symptoms which prompted him stay home for a couple days had returned to work. He was tested after that *and tested positive*, meaning he was still shedding virus after what he felt was a recovery.

Now, he may still have been mildly ill. How often do we get sick and stay home only through the very worst symptoms, but still go back to work with milder symptoms afterward? It's possible he was still sick and shedding. I don't know, but he clearly felt up to working.

Supposedly, the criterion for posting a recovery stat in China are that a person must test virus free, not merely feel better.

**EDIT**

My husband is sitting here pointing out that any infection has the potential to hang on in a very weak state and continue shedding even though you feel more or less fine. It's just how these things work. It's simple biology/microbiology. As he says, it's a common saying where he works "If you could predict exactly how viruses and bacteria behave, it would be chemistry, not biology."

edit on 6-2-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-2-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: pasiphae
Regarding the low numbers in the US.... consider the fact that hospitals here don't have testing kits. Only the CDC does so I think the process of detecting new cases here that didn't come back from China or have contact with someone who did is probably long. People with flu symptoms will be tested for type A and then type B to rule those out first (and a lot of docs won't even test that - just send you home with a tamiflu rx) then they'd have to bring in the CDC. I think the WHO is trying to change this ASAP but I really don't think there are enough test kits even available if you think about the numbers needed and needing to go to China first.

We just don't have all the info. Tennis guy seems on the up and up and that is the thing that scares me especially if the conversation with a nurse that someone posted is real (staff and docs getting sick and hospitals totally filled). The whistle blower doc dying today makes me sad. I feel horrible for everyone trapped in Wuhan. It's a nightmare and this whole thing is completely unprecedented. We've never seen a virus travel this fast before and with hospitals at capacity how can they even test people efficiently now?

In the netflix series 'Pandemic' they follow someone from the WHO during the ebola outbreak. He says (paraphrasing), "there are only 300,000 test kits available for all of Africa'.

Given the facts that:
1. This is 'novel'
2. Epicenter who's well known for mass production is limited on kits and testing abilities
3. Admittance of only CDC being able to do testing
4. Admittance of several tests needing to confirm infection

I would say we already know why all the numbers don't add up (I.E. China's number, Low Confirmed Outside of China, Quarantine Numbers in US, etc)

We simply, do not have the capacity to deal with this already.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Doctors here said the virus remains in the body for up to 28days, that’s from source in the hospital, I don’t have links but they have no reason to lie, they were honest about Ebola and SARS and I’ve known them for longer than 10 years personally ( I know that doesn’t mean anything as no one knows me but that’s what they are saying ! Which is also why quarantine here( Germany) is extended to match that

top topics

<< 88  89  90    92  93  94 >>

join