It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 90
<< 87  88  89    91  92  93 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 09:54 AM
link   
STILL no updates on cases that were first suspected (here in the US) 10+ days ago. WTF

link   

originally posted by: drussell41

originally posted by: wuflu

originally posted by: tennisdawg

a reply to: tennisdawg

Virus can live on metal surfaces up to 21 days in the right conditions

Source? Know way this was info you received for your project. So where is this coming from? Info wrs and Alex jones?

First of all, when designing a temporary facility for a quarantine area, it is helpful to know what kind of materials the virus survives the longest on. This info pushed me away from using standard stainless steel countertops. You have been challenging everything I post since you created your login recently. I have been here for 10 years. Good luck with your disinfo campaign.

Because you are saying outlandish #. With no sources or any verification. And IMO if you were this important a guy with this much info on a global pandemic you would not have the time to constantly post in this thread.

So what you been here 10 years. That means absolutely nothing.

When you post it can live on surfaces for up to 21 days that needs a source.

This is not INFO WARS

I am sick of reading your constant undermining of what appears to be a genuine source. My spouse is in DOD Contracting. I relayed everything this guy said, figuring if he had the contracting procedure down, along with a few other pieces of information, he may be relaying the truth. He passes the test. In contrast, you're some newcomer who just wants to undermine everything this particular person says. Have a hard-on for him, huh? Give it a rest already. You don't have to believe a word he says. But get a life.

The fact that he's been here for a decade means he's probably not a disinformation agent....unlike yourself.

So if I dont agree with him just shut up right? LOL.. I will keep challenging what he says because none of it has come to fruition at all. Are there places being built in Biloxi or Plum island?

link   
a reply to: Power_Semi

How soon you jumping off that bridge? I’ll send you some help to try and stop you, you sound very depressed

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: scyther2286
a reply to: fleabit

been hearing about this 10 day waiting game for nearly 3 weeks.

The first case hit the U.S. 17 days ago, so I find that hard to believe. Using the max # of days of 14, that was only 3 days ago. And it will take time for some folks to come down with symptoms. I am sure many will assume they have a normal flu. Some will probably get it, and get over it, never knowing what they actually had in the first place.

I think we'll only really start to see if it's a problem on the 3rd gen or so of propagation. It would ramp up slowly.. and then explode. Or not.. hopefully. Still too early I think to determine for sure. No need to panic, but to just dismiss it as nothing is foolish as well.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Adphil28
a reply to: Power_Semi

How soon you jumping off that bridge? I’ll send you some help to try and stop you, you sound very depressed

Not before taking some selfies...

link   

originally posted by: scyther2286
a reply to: fleabit

been hearing about this 10 day waiting game for nearly 3 weeks.

You know why? Because the same happened in China

You’re looking for a signal of rare pneumonia in a sea of pneumonia cases

It’s peak flu season, they’ll be a ton of other signals to differentiate with

Consider the World Health Organisation only learned of nCoV 19 just two months ago and my above post and you’ll understand why it’s slow then EXPLODES

By then it’s too late, no country has the capabilities to deal with that, as evident by the Chinese external measures to no avail

link   

originally posted by: nugget1
I find it interesting that there is little comment from the US citizens who have been evacuated and placed in quarantine- just a couple examples, with all smiles and glad to be home.
These people were at ground zero and would have first hand information as to how bad things really are in China. It would have been so easy for them to have discounted all the rumors of thousands infected, hundreds dyeing, etc.
Sometimes what isn't said is more telling than what is said.

I totally agree with you!! WHY hasn't ANY of them came out and talked about what they saw!! None of them has mentioned what they saw as they left, plus we have not heard of any news on how they are doing so far. They know how important is would be to everyone on the planet right now. Are they afraid of what will happen to them when they return to China (if they plan to go back)? I get so aggravated about this and wonder WHY?

Each day now I just try to get off the Internet for a while and do my normal things without being so concerned. We have to stay calm and be respectful of each other's opinions/thoughts because we DON'T know anything for sure at this point.

I wish everyone a safe & blessed day~

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Adphil28

contrary to my attitude on the past few pages in this post, I am concerned about this and have been watching with extreme attention for the past few weeks. I just think we are past the point where the virus being a global pandemic is probable. It is too highly contained outside of China to the point where we would have seen it spread by now in much higher quantities. By all means it is still possible I suppose, and we will know more in the next few days for sure. But if this hasn't spread to a major population center with the prejudice it showed in Wuhan, within another 10 days, then this isn't going to be a global problem.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: AngelsDecay

Lol if fairness I’ll jump off the bridge with you if we have to take selfies

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

then we would have seen a large spike in normal reported pneumonia numbers and deaths, which may be the case? I don't think it is though. This would simply lend credence to the idea that this just simply isn't more lethal than a normal pneumonia or flu, which also lands this in the category of "sucks if you happen to catch it and worth being prepared for , but not a humanity ending global pandemic"

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: scyther2286

I’d agree with that, I’d go end of the month for caution but still the governments reactions are strong if were to believe its low risk

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Source? Know way this was info you received for your project. So where is this coming from? Info wrs and Alex jones?

First of all, when designing a temporary facility for a quarantine area, it is helpful to know what kind of materials the virus survives the longest on. This info pushed me away from using standard stainless steel countertops. You have been challenging everything I post since you created your login recently. I have been here for 10 years. Good luck with your disinfo campaign.

Because you are saying outlandish #. With no sources or any verification. And IMO if you were this important a guy with this much info on a global pandemic you would not have the time to constantly post in this thread.

This is not INFO WARS

I am sick of reading your constant undermining of what appears to be a genuine source. My spouse is in DOD Contracting. I relayed everything this guy said, figuring if he had the contracting procedure down, along with a few other pieces of information, he may be relaying the truth. He passes the test. In contrast, you're some newcomer who just wants to undermine everything this particular person says. Have a hard-on for him, huh? Give it a rest already. You don't have to believe a word he says. But get a life.

The fact that he's been here for a decade means he's probably not a disinformation agent....unlike yourself.

So if I dont agree with him just shut up right? LOL.. I will keep challenging what he says because none of it has come to fruition at all. Are there places being built in Biloxi or Plum island?

No, it's absolutely fine that you disagree with him. I value your posts as well. However, this constant harrassment is another issue. Not so much genuine disagreement, but a spiteful campaign. That's what you need to get over. Please. Because I want to continue to read your posts and don't want to block you. It's that annoying.
edit on 6-2-2020 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Adphil28

China is 100% hiding something, the most simple explanation for me is that they accidentally released this from a lab.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Power_Semi

originally posted by: ragiusnotiel

originally posted by: Power_Semi

originally posted by: ragiusnotiel
Looking for advice,

I have to take a trip from FL to NJ in either early March or Mid April.

Best transit route? Was going to fly but now I'm thinking I might just want to drive.

First airport is DAB, layover likely in ATL/CLT, end NWK. The layovers and destination airport is whats concerning me, our local airport while 'international' is a joke. Normal day check in and tsa takez appx 12 minutes (lol).

I simply would refuse to go.

Its a trip to see my kid, so that is not an option.

Looking for solid recommendations on what to do. I know its risky, but it has to be done.

It really doesn't HAVE to be done.

You might feel bad if it isn't done, but if you do it and the worst happened - that would be worse than you having to temporarily call it off because "you have food poisoning" or something.

Perhaps take a train here you can have an open window.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: scyther2286

Suspect so, as they say the simplest answer is usually the right one

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthJava
a reply to: TruthJava

Also just read this on Twitter...

" Chinese doctor Li Wenliang, one of the eight whistleblowers who tried to warn other medics of the #coronavirus outbreak but were reprimanded by local police, dies of coronavirus on Thursday in Wuhan"

TWEET

RIP Hero

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:11 AM
link   

This is not INFO WARS

No, it's absolutely fine that you disagree with him. I value your posts as well. However, this constant harrassment is another issue. Not so much genuine disagreement, but a spiteful campaign. That's what you need to get over. Please. Because I want to continue to read your posts and don't want to block you. It's that annoying.

You say me asking for any proof or sources and not just his word is harassment I disagree.

I have not been a dick at all.. Just want verifiable info..

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   

This is not INFO WARS

First of all, I never said anything was being built in Biloxi. I was sent to Keesler AFB in Biloxi, as a central location to access (in person) the BP owned portion of Cat Island, Ship Island, barges/docks, and even Guantanamo Bay. The delay of the sale of Plum Island, NY was part of the information I was given early on.

I am not a contractor. I am a consultant for mega build projects, primarily focusing on hospitals, temporary facilities, and utilities. Every couple of years or so, my name is given to federal entities that need my assistance on emergency projects.

Typically, these emergency projects are provided for a future hypothetical situation. That does not appear to be the case with this strand of coronavirus. I was given very detailed information that appear to be known facts.

This project did not go through the typical chain of government. There was no RFP (request for proposal). There was no ITB (invite to bid). There was no advertisement, and I was not sent any emails. This was a phone call to my personal cell phone, then an in person meeting where I could view the information on paper. Very atypical procedures.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Regarding the low numbers in the US.... consider the fact that hospitals here don't have testing kits. Only the CDC does so I think the process of detecting new cases here that didn't come back from China or have contact with someone who did is probably long. People with flu symptoms will be tested for type A and then type B to rule those out first (and a lot of docs won't even test that - just send you home with a tamiflu rx) then they'd have to bring in the CDC. I think the WHO is trying to change this ASAP but I really don't think there are enough test kits even available if you think about the numbers needed and needing to go to China first.

We just don't have all the info. Tennis guy seems on the up and up and that is the thing that scares me especially if the conversation with a nurse that someone posted is real (staff and docs getting sick and hospitals totally filled). The whistle blower doc dying today makes me sad. I feel horrible for everyone trapped in Wuhan. It's a nightmare and this whole thing is completely unprecedented. We've never seen a virus travel this fast before and with hospitals at capacity how can they even test people efficiently now?

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   

This is not INFO WARS

You say me asking for any proof or sources and not just his word is harassment I disagree.

I have not been a dick at all.. Just want verifiable info..

No. It's fine and good that you asked for a source. However, once you got an explanation, and then tag EVERY SINGLE POST with the same objection, that isn't fine. It's harrassment.

edit on 6-2-2020 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 87  88  89    91  92  93 >>

join