It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 80
<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: primalfractal

No where near enough test kits.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: primalfractal

There are some studies out there that show ozone could be effective against coronavirus.

Due to the excess energy inherent in the ozone molecule, it is theoretically plausible that ozone, unlike microbial-specific options, will show effectiveness across the entire Coronavirus spectrum. The acute infection phase of MERS and SARS is marked by massive viral replication, with viral flooding of the lymph and blood compartments. This stage presents the most clinical challenge. This paper proposes a method of viral culling via systemically administered oxygen/ozone gas to blood interfacing.

ozone therapy

This - Ozone Therapy as treatment needs to be publicised more widely, but as the article says, there's no profit to be made, so there's nobody doing the necessary research to get it past the rigorous tests to make it 'safe'.
edit on 6-2-2020 by CrastneyJPR because: bb code sorting

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: that1lurker
a reply to: weirdguy

I've seen lots of discussion on different sites about Prof.Zhengli's study. It was a study on the virus that was published right before it started infecting a lot of people in Wuhan. I can provide a link where it talks about it. I think it may also have the full text link there, too.

Anyways from the way it sounds, the bad pneumonia cases and deaths are from people being reinfected with the virus, which may explain why it took a while for people to become deathly ill from the virus and why some people recover. I'm not entirely sure if thats correct and you may have very well answered this already. Antibody-dependent enhancement is what people are referring too. I'm guessing this may have been discussed here already. Just curious as to what you think and if you were already aware of it.

Have heard anecdotal reports of rapid reinfection which is not good, as first time round your immune system gets pretty much bombed. So it would make sense. It also makes the threat that much greater. Not a great prospect if it turns out to actually be the case.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: that1lurker

Yes I have read news articles about people improving and then suddenly their health declines again before they die. I haven't read about how it happens though, I had just assumed it must have been a secondary bacterial infection. That does sound interesting, thanks for the heads up on that.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Hi there ATS community!

I'm from The Netherlands and I'm following this thread closely for updates.
I appreciate all the input, research and even the opinions/theories of all contributors.
Just keep it decent please, we know better than to call each other names in this situation

Just a little info from my small country:
We seem to have dodged the virus so far, but for how long nobody knows.

We do have 15 evacuees from Wuhan (The arrived on 2/2). Most of them are staying in quarantine AT HOME...?!
If their home is suitable they have to stay there for 2 weeks and are checked daily by our Manicipal Health Service.
At least one person (Anouk Eigenraam) is being quarantined at an unknown location (she didn't had a home to return to).
Source in Dutch: www.rtlnieuws.nl...

We have 3 Dutch on the Diamond Princess at the port of Japan, but we don't know yet if they have the virus or not.
Source: www.rtlnieuws.nl...

I have a question for all:

I'm starting to think of preparing for this virus (rice/pasta/potatoes/toilet paper).
But I haven't read anything about water supply contamination.
Our tapwater is normally of a very high quality, but what happens if the virus should arrive here?
What is happening to the water supply in Wuhan?
Can they still drink tap-water?
Can they shower?
Can they brush their teeth with tap water?
Can they flush their toilet safely?
So my big question is: How safe is our tapwater when the virus arrives and we need to be quarantined?

If the virus could spread through tapwater then it would be wise to stock up on large water bottles....

Stay safe and informed everyone!
Ravinski

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Can the virus kill a healthy 30 year old male? Give me some ages for some of these deaths because although the virus may fit the definition of pandemic soon, it doesn’t seem as bad as some make it sound

Not implying that the old and young, and immune compromised aren’t worth every precaution I just feel like a virus worthy of pandemic should be able to kill anyone it infects

The one story I heard of a young male die they specifically stated he had underlying medical issues.

Again not down playing the seriousness of the measures we should take and to prepare for future diseases.
edit on 6-2-2020 by ADUB77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 05:42 AM
link   

This was one of the links I had saved.
english.shanghaipasteur.cas.cn...

I'm not sure how reputable that site is but you can also find it by Googling the title: Evolution of the novel coronavirus from the ongoing Wuhan outbreak and modeling of its spike protein for risk of human transmission

Or you could try this title: Wuhan coronavirus (2019-nCoV) evolution and human transmission mechanism revealed by Institut Pasteur of Shanghai

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Just to throw this into the mix, some people are saying this virus originated in a lab in wuhan, ok I can go along with that but why would China release it?
One viewpoint I havnt seen mentioned, correct if I'm wrong, climate control? We all know china is the worst offender when it comes to carbon emissions, could this of been a way by activists to slow down climate change?

Iv not really put alot of thought into it, just food for thought really.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 05:50 AM
link   

The mortality rate of novel #coronavirus in China stands at 2.1%, which is lower than that of

- Ebola (40.4%),
- SARS (10%),
- MERS (34.4%) and
- H1N1 of 2009 (17.4%)

China's UK ambassador
@AmbLiuXiaoMing
revealed the figures in a press conference in London on Thursday

twitter.com...
do we believe it?

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: slatesteam
a reply to: AutomateThis1

The fact MSM is telling us to tone down the antiglobalization rhetoric is both confusing and disturbing as Pandora’s box might’ve just been opened...

You've been on ATS long enough to know that Pandora's box has been supposedly opened here dozens of times, yet we're still somehow alive and posting here, so statistically speaking, the chances of this event being THE ONE, are really abysmal.
edit on 6-2-2020 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Necrose

originally posted by: slatesteam

The fact MSM is telling us to tone down the antiglobalization rhetoric is both confusing and disturbing as Pandora’s box might’ve just been opened...

You've been on ATS long enough to know that Pandora's box has been supposedly opened here dozens of times, yet we're still somehow alive and posting here, so statistically speaking, the chances of this event being THE ONE, are really abysmal.

how many times did the governments react like this?

exactly. zero.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Just now saw some videos of an alleged chinese judicial officer stating that failing to report a recent trip to Wuhan or being infected without telling authorities results in a 10 year sentence or the death penalty.
Allegedly police from Jilin, Shandong, Sichuan have filed these charges against people already.

twitter.com...
edit on 6-2-2020 by that1lurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Even though you probably lack medical background and you yourself have said your contribution to this topic would be 0% or negative... I think you make more sense than the vast majority of people posting here.

Sidenote: you're right about the map, it's a distorted view at the severity of the situation, colouring literally the entire continents based on 2 cases

edit on 6-2-2020 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: that1lurker

Yes that is a good site. The spike proteins of both SARS and 2019-ncov attach to ACE2 receptor protein in cells. The spike proteins for 2019-ncov are different to those seen in SARS though. So the vaccine that was developed for SARS won't work for 2019-ncov, but can possibly be modified so that is does.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 06:09 AM
link   
In the debate of whether or not 2019-nCOV is genetically engineered...

– Perhaps most notably, a genetic analysis of the spike-protein genes – the exact region that was bio-engineered by the UNC lab in 2015, where Zhengli Shi and Xing-Yi Ge previously isolated a batty coronavirus that targets the ACE2 receptor just like this 2019-nCoV strain of the coronavirus does – indicates an artificial and unnatural origins of the Wuhan Strain’s spike-protein genes when they are compared to the genomes of wild relatives. Instead of appearing similar and homologous to its wild relatives, an important section of the Wuhan Strain’s spike-protein region shares the most genetic similarity with a bio-engineered commercially available gene sequence that’s designed to help with immunotherapy research. It is mathematically possible for this to happen in nature – but only in a ten-thousand bats chained to ten-thousand Petri dishes and given until infinity sense.

– Additionally, although another since-retracted pre-print noted several very short genomic sequences in 2019-nCoV’s spike-protein gene that look far more similar to sequences found in HIV than to other coronaviruses – critics quickly pointed out that the shared homology didn’t reach statistical significance. However a closer look at the data reveals that there were a few small shared genomic segments that, despite being physically separated from each other along each strand of DNA, all worked together to code for the Wuhan Strain’s protein-spike’s crucial receptor binding site. Something that is highly unlikely to have happened by chance. And despite most of its protein-spike being shared with SARS, these substituted segments weren’t shared at all – nor were they found in any other coronavirus.

This analysis has more technical information regarding the possibility 2019-nCOV is man-made. For those who are interested, links for the source material are provided by the authors.
Analysis

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ADUB77
Can the virus kill a healthy 30 year old male? Give me some ages for some of these deaths because although the virus may fit the definition of pandemic soon, it doesn’t seem as bad as some make it sound

Not implying that the old and young, and immune compromised aren’t worth every precaution I just feel like a virus worthy of pandemic should be able to kill anyone it infects

The one story I heard of a young male die they specifically stated he had underlying medical issues.

Again not down playing the seriousness of the measures we should take and to prepare for future diseases.

As mentioned earlier in the thread,
80% of the reported deaths are patients over 60 and many of those are already sick or have a concurring illness.
2/3 of them are males

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Chinese citizens cannot sue their government. I’d have to check but I don’t believe it has ever happened. On very rare occasions they may sue a low ranking official but getting that approved by the Beijing office is extremely difficult.

I’d be more interested if people getting the virus outside China sued the Chinese government in international court. China does abide by those decisions. One could sue hem for not containing the virus as it’s obvious they haven’t done that.

IANAL but I did research on this last week. Were one to have the correct evidence - reports and enough experts testifying it is a bio weapon (if it is) you could sue them in US but need to apply for genocide exception I believe. Again IANAL.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Thanks for helping me understand. I also brought this up because I had read in another study that asian males have an extremely large number of ACE2 cells in the lung. That would make asian males more likely to get infected, no? Or would it just make the virus worse? It would be interesting to see the data of those infected and to compare females and males.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic
Does that mean I can sue my colleague for giving me a cold 2 weeks ago? He made no effort to contain it

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 06:34 AM
link   
MERS ,ncov2019 or just pneumonia?

MANILA (UPDATE) - A Filipina domestic worker died of a still undetermined strain of the coronavirus in Dubai, Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello III said Thursday. 

Bello said the death of the 58-year-old woman was reported by the Philippine labor attaché in Dubai, adding that it was unclear what kind of coronavirus had infected her. 

The woman, a native of General Santos City, had been working in Dubai for 28 years, he said. 

A report from the United Arab Emirates Ministry of Health showed that the woman died on Feb. 5 at a Dubai hospital. 

Her "underlying cause of death" was listed as pneumonia and acute respiratory distress syndrome, while her "immediate cause of death" was listed as cardiac arrest. 

Bello said arrangements were being made for the woman's daughter to come to Dubai for her repatriation. 

Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses that can cause infections ranging from the common cold to more severe illnesses such as the Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) and the Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS). 

A new strain, the 2019 Novel Coronavirus, has been spreading over recent weeks from Wuhan, China, the epicenter of the outbreak, to other parts of the world, triggering global travel restrictions

source

new topics

top topics

<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

join