It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 76
<< 73  74  75    77  78  79 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

Imagination

But then I’m not claiming anything except how much of a dumpster fire and Wizard of Oz this all seems either...

Put another way, if you’re the scientist working on “algae” for Exxon, are you not working for big Oil, like how I capitalized Pharma?

edit on 6-2-2020 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-2-2020 by slatesteam because: It was flying monkeys actually, not bats

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

originally posted by: celltypespecific
I think those in the know.... should be brave enough to start releasing the truth to the American people.

Yes...its that serious.

This is a call to certain individuals that lurk on this website that have valuable info. Please we are pleading with you to release what you may know.

Thank-you.

From day one that this was posted on ATS over a month ago I have been repeating the truth (as the facts indicate) over and over. And very few people here are listening!

At point A it was absolutely clear that nCoV was a very mild virus, weaker than SARS even, and much less dangerous than many influenza strains.

That is because we have studied CoVs for years and already understand a lot about them, this 'novel' strain isn't very extraordinary or significantly different relatively speaking.

And all month long I was giving good information, I reiterated the experts statements and tried to explain the basics for anyone that wanted the straight dope on the situ.

Although it's somewhat ironic, I am telling you that the WHO is providing solid and reliable information about this virus being a mild cold. That's what we're dealing with here.

No one can provide a single shred of evidence substantiating the claims that this virus is significantly different from the other CoVs we've got plenty of information on already. So far this virus appears to be acting very similarly to the prior strains we have studied.

China's decision to call a national quarantine is the real ??? in all of this. It was clearly uncalled for and will cause far more damage to their society than nCoV ever could. That's the part of this that doesn't make any sense.

Sorry, but I am only on page 22 at the moment, as I can't be on here 24/7 to keep current with this thread. So if my following questions have already been answered, please excuse me.

So I've been following all this too. Seeing this very "mild" pathogen (as you label it) apparently killing people in China. China appears to be in a tailspin over it, shutting down access to and from entire cities. And I am looking at maps showing MANY countries implementing travel restrictions because their governments apparently think that this pathogen you refer to is more than just a minor inconvenience to victims. I would have to presume that such governments have a pool of intellectual and experienced talent to give them advice on matters of this nature, and as such those responses they recommend seem to be contrary to what you are claiming is the "truth". You are saying that China is doing things that you believe are "clearly uncalled for".

So please, pray tell, where are you getting your information from? Or how is it that you seem to know a whole lot more about this organism than all of those experts combined advising all those nations and governments about what steps they should be taking for the safety and well being of their people? Do you have sources of information unavailable to them, or are you just that much smarter than any and all of them? Not trying to be snide, but it is difficult to say this in any nicer way.

In advance, sorry I won't reply to any response you make for a while. I like following this thread in a chronological fashion, so it might be a while before I get to page 74 or so to see any reply made.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthJava

originally posted by: liejunkie01

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: liejunkie01
a reply to: ShortBus

Is it wrong to prep? Nope. Is it wrong to inform those around you about the potential? Nope. 

But if EVERYONE did it right now, there would not be enough to go around and we don't need create a run on that stuff right now, but in 4 weeks when we really need too for the majority. 

I just picked up another 25 pounds of rice, big container of hand sanitizer, and a case of paper towels after work earlier.

I am slowly picking up supplies because I believe that if this is not contained soon, then there will be empty shelves everywhere. I hope not, but just in case my family will be better off than most because I choose to think ahead a little.

I hope nothing comes from thus but, I have a pretty bad feeling that if I do not act a little on this, then it may be too late.

Good to be prepared, but you should add bottle water or at least know where you can at least get well water.
My greatest fear and this has not been brought up yet, is what about those working at the nuclear power plants. Can you imagine if they can't leave their homes?

I am currently contemplating more toilet paper.

Lol. I dont want to end up in a situation.

One of the things I have concentrated on too. I could go without a decent meal but not without tp if my IBS acts up during a shelter in place scenario.

You know, I always try to keep a 2-year supply of toilet paper on hand, just because I buy it when it's on sale. But if people start showing up at my door when bad things start to happen, I might need to get some more of it.

As an aside, I've always said that if society collapses, I'm gonna stop wearing deodorant for sure! Screw never letting them see me sweat!

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Link for India paper on coronavirus origins. Shows man made

Its a download pdf

www.biorxiv.org...
edit on 6-2-2020 by Joeshiloh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 12:19 AM
link   
World Heath Organization

Has a page dealing with the issues of 2019-nCov.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Joeshiloh

You may want to warn people.its a download man. Not cool.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

I’m having trouble finding the “keep all info sealed” tab

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
We simply need to lift the quarantine and have everyone go back to their normal lives. That's the only viable solution.

A few thousand deaths is a small price to pay for saving the economy, because that economy keeps the 7 billion of us fed and alive. Without it (a good economy) most of us will not survive. They gotta end the quarantine asap.

Oh lordy....... Is this guy for real?

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I was quite surprised to learn that the SARS virus survival time on a stainless steel surface was 5 to 28 days. He's quoting/summarizing from some peer-reviewed paper. So, Coronavirus may be around the same survival length.

Discussed at around 17:00 mark.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joeshiloh
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Link for India paper on coronavirus origins. Shows man made

www.biorxiv.org...

That paper was withdrawn by the authors a few days ago. The sequences for the 4 inserts are so small that they can be from anything including bacteria, phages, sea slugs etc.

From the authors,

This is a preliminary study. Considering the grave situation, it was shared in BioRxiv as soon as possible to have creative discussion on the fast evolution of SARS-like corona viruses. It was not our intention to feed into the conspiracy theories and no such claims are made here.

While we appreciate the criticisms and comments provided by scientific colleagues at BioRxiv forum and elsewhere, the story has been differently interpreted and shared by social media and news platforms. We have positively received all criticisms and comments.

To avoid further misinterpretation and confusions world-over, we have decided to withdraw the current version of the preprint and will get back with a revised version after reanalysis, addressing the comments and concerns. Thank you to all who contributed in this open-review process.
: Authors of the Manuscript

Link to the online paper, www.biorxiv.org...

A reminder from Biorxiv.org,

bioRxiv is receiving many new papers on coronavirus 2019-nCoV. A reminder: these are preliminary reports that have not been peer-reviewed. They should not be regarded as conclusive, guide clinical practice/health-related behavior, or be reported in news media as established information.

edit on 6-2-2020 by weirdguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 12:34 AM
link   

I’m not reading that. Assuming it was bats

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: slatesteam

Nah it was just a rubbish report about HIV proteins being inserted into 2019-ncov, you'd probably love it to be honest.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 12:48 AM
link   

No. I didn’t read that either. Still trying to figure out how hard it is to hunt haggis in Scotland, and how they banned it because of coronavirus....

Like are they IN or OUT of the pen?

And do these sheep wear masks, because I hear they’re increasingly hard to get ahold of. The masks. Not the sheep

edit on 6-2-2020 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-2-2020 by slatesteam because: Bah Ram Ewe

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Does anyone know how susceptible it is to chlorine or ozone?

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 01:00 AM
link   
High chance this thing is on the way.

Never had the urge to prep before, swine flu, Ebola etc, but I have just ordered n99 masks and an Israeli gas mask, will be buying Aids drugs and non perishable foods when I get more cash.

coronavirus:Thailand has apparent treatment

Just a couple of weeks ago, scientists held out hope the new coronavirus could be largely contained within China. Now they know its spread can be minimized at best, and governments are planning for the worst.
“It is not a matter of if—it is a matter of when,” said Amesh Adalja, a senior scholar at the Johns Hopkins University Center for Health Security and a spokesman for the Infectious Diseases Society of America. “There is not a doubt this is going to end up in most countries eventually.”

US Readies for Pandemic

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 01:09 AM
link   
This live map/counter has been streaming live since 29 Jan.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

Do you know of any deaths outside of China from this virus ?

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev
#Wuhan Institute of Virology filed #Remdesivir patent BEFORE virus spread. They knew & said nothing

Interesting piece that looks into an article posted by Wuhan Institute of Virology and the Military Medicine Institute of the People Liberation Army Academy of Military Science. It discusses how they applied for a new use patent with the drug Remdesivir in the treatment of 2019-nCov on Jan 21st 2020.

Questions are raised in how Wuhan Institute of Virology could of been patient application ready in such a short time. For the case that this is a man made biological attack it does add some weight.

Shi Zheng Li is named on this patient application. Allegations exist that she was involved in the gene editing of this virus. Investigations continue.

Looks like simple co-operation from the science community to me, maybe the patent to use Remdesivir on coronavirus has been pushed through?

Remdesivir is not yet licensed or approved anywhere globally and has not been demonstrated to be safe or effective for any use. At the request of treating physicians, and with the support of local regulatory agencies, who have weighed the risks and benefits of providing an experimental drug with no data in 2019-nCoV, Gilead has provided remdesivir for use in a small number of patients with 2019-nCoV for emergency treatment in the absence of any approved treatment options.

Gilead is working with health authorities in China to establish a randomized, controlled trial to determine whether remdesivir can safely and effectively be used to treat 2019-nCoV. We are also expediting appropriate laboratory testing of remdesivir against 2019-nCoV samples.

he company strives to transform and simplify care for people with life-threatening illnesses around the world. Gilead has operations in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California.

www.gilead.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

1 in Philippines is all I know so far.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Any day now. I’m guessing the end of the week latest.
Or. More likely we aren’t being told.

But those market surges... amirite!

Where’s toys..?

new topics

top topics

<< 73  74  75    77  78  79 >>

join