It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 75
<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01
Interesting hypothesis. I’m gonna do ya one further and say it’s all a numbers game. As in attrition. Speculation aside, IF this or any of it were true....?

Shots Fired

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 11:37 PM
link   
A report from Lancet,

Phylogenetic analysis showed that bat-derived coronaviruses fell within all five subgenera of the genus Betacoronavirus. Moreover, bat-derived coronaviruses fell in basal positions in the subgenus Sarbecovirus, with 2019-nCoV most closely related to bat-SL-CoVZC45 and bat-SL-CoVZXC21, which were also sampled from bats.23 These data are consistent with a bat reservoir for coronaviruses in general and for 2019-nCoV in particular.

Therefore, on the basis of current data, it seems likely that the 2019-nCoV causing the Wuhan outbreak might also be initially hosted by bats, and might have been transmitted to humans via currently unknown wild animal(s) sold at the Huanan seafood market.

More generally, the disease outbreak linked to 2019-nCoV again highlights the hidden virus reservoir in wild animals and their potential to occasionall spill over into human populations.

www.thelancet.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Chinese scholar blames Xi Jinping, Communist Party for not controlling coronavirus outbreak

Beijing’s crackdown on civil society, freedom of expression made it impossible for people to raise the alarm about the situation, Tsinghua University professor Xu Zhangrun says in online article

Intellectual Xu Zhiyong repeats his call for ‘not very smart’ Xi to step down as leader

Despite his presence on social media, Xu Zhiyong has been in hiding from the police since December, following a year-long crackdown targeting civil rights dissidents that saw many people accused of inciting state subversion and detained.

Wonder how long till he disappears or found dead in a ditch.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01

originally posted by: musicismagic

a reply to: ShortBus

Is it wrong to prep? Nope. Is it wrong to inform those around you about the potential? Nope. 

But if EVERYONE did it right now, there would not be enough to go around and we don't need create a run on that stuff right now, but in 4 weeks when we really need too for the majority. 

I just picked up another 25 pounds of rice, big container of hand sanitizer, and a case of paper towels after work earlier.

I am slowly picking up supplies because I believe that if this is not contained soon, then there will be empty shelves everywhere. I hope not, but just in case my family will be better off than most because I choose to think ahead a little.

I hope nothing comes from thus but, I have a pretty bad feeling that if I do not act a little on this, then it may be too late.

Good to be prepared, but you should add bottle water or at least know where you can at least get well water.
My greatest fear and this has not been brought up yet, is what about those working at the nuclear power plants. Can you imagine if they can't leave their homes?

I am currently contemplating more toilet paper.

Lol. I dont want to end up in a situation.

One of the things I have concentrated on too. I could go without a decent meal but not without tp if my IBS acts up during a shelter in place scenario.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There are currently 28,281 confirmed cases worldwide, including 565 fatalities.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy
Ok,you have made your point I think,Jesus.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Ok I'm going to entertain the
bioweapon theory for a moment.

He notes the need for a quick, effective biological attack upon the U.S. to depopulate it as a prelude to conquest, and plainly states that China is working on genetic bio-weapons to kill everyone except "yellow people."

I read how a lot of scientist were researching how bats could be disease reservoirs but not "catch" the disease themselves.

What is that's what they were aiming for? A virus that uses Asians as a reservoir. Hoping they would go around the world spreading disease but not catching it. Maybe they thought it worked hence the mass dinner party only something went wrong and we are witnessing that.

Maybe morbid but, I rather it was from nature..

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: dontneedaname
Mods should consider making a separate 2019-nCoV forum. Threads like this...individual stories get easily lost and buried, seen only by a few. Separate space would be easier to classify stories.

On the other hand this thread is golden, you can easily follow in realtime events happening

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Another possible case here in Illinois. Getting closer to home folks.

CHAMPAIGN, Ill. (WAND) – A possible case of the coronavirus could be in Champaign County. However, the Champaign-Urbana Public Health district hasn’t confirmed the information.
Illinois Radio Network said on Tuesday that a child in the C-U area is suspected of having the virus.

possible case

I am currently getting a little nervous here.

Wtf

You're darn tootin' it's getting closer to home!!! First, (for Illinois), it was reported in Chicago. Now, Champaign. I live in Southern Illinois, so it is in FACT getting closer to home! Ha ha!

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: misfit312

I’m thinking reverse-engineering. I mean if we can do it with UFOs, certainly the Great Satan that is America could use a few Billion Yuan chucked at Chinese virus elves in hopes of dealing with an armed populace?

In other words you may be onto something. Why unleash WW3, if you could test an alternative means and bide your time building capital, both political and in currency form.

I recall there is a Chinese proverb about the “falcon or hawk only releases talons as when ready to strike”

I picked a helluva week to quit smoking....

edit on 5-2-2020 by slatesteam because: Made to be more Chineesy

edit on 5-2-2020 by slatesteam because: Smoking’s bad m’kay

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: slatesteam

No, I don't work in pharmaceuticals, I work in pathology.
I prepare samples and run tests for diseases in a microbiology lab.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Thank you! I was looking for this and couldn't find it. May I ask do you have your own theory on what the "mystery" middle part is? Or a theory about the 2 virus that might have combined to make this virus?

PS I'm not asking to share your theory just if you have one.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Anyone in the U.S died yet from this virus as far as you know ?

Did anyone ever hear anything about the 1,200 people in quarantine at the military bases?

I heard about it when it was first reported, but nothing since. News certainly seems to be slow here in the United States.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: hiddenNZ
Ok,you have made your point I think,Jesus.

Sorry, what's you point? I can post on this forum as much as anyone else. Jesus? He's not gonna save you.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: misfit312

This is OUT there, but say the Chinese f’d themselves hard as is being alluded. Would America or Russia moreso not use this time to strike? Like a few months from now if we dodge their test-tube bullet.

Coulda sworn some bloke by the name of Lao Tzu or something like that would totally be in favor.
Mossad would

edit on 6-2-2020 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Difference in Receptor Usage between Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) Coronavirus and SARS-Like Coronavirus of Bat Origin

In this study, we investigated the receptor usage of the SL-CoV S by combining a human immunodeficiency virus-based pseudovirus system with cell lines expressing the ACE2 molecules of human, civet, or horseshoe bat. In addition to full-length S of SL-CoV and SARS-CoV, a series of S chimeras was constructed by inserting different sequences of the SARS-CoV S into the SL-CoV S backbone. Several important observations were made from this study. First, the SL-CoV S was unable to use any of the three ACE2 molecules as its receptor. Second, the SARS-CoV S failed to enter cells expressing the bat ACE2. Third, the chimeric S covering the previously defined receptor-binding domain gained its ability to enter cells via human ACE2, albeit with different efficiencies for different constructs. Fourth, a minimal insert region (amino acids 310 to 518) was found to be sufficient to convert the SL-CoV S from non-ACE2 binding to human ACE2 binding, indicating that the SL-CoV S is largely compatible with SARS-CoV S protein both in structure and in function.

This study is from 2007. From what i understand reading through the abstract, genetic engineering work was done to make bat virus infectious in humans.
edit on 6-2-2020 by kwakakev because: added link

edit on 6-2-2020 by kwakakev because: fixed link

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 12:03 AM
link   

All I heard is you ain’t quite a virologist

Starred ya anyway. Tomato, Tohmahto

edit on 6-2-2020 by slatesteam because: Splitting hares and bats and snakes is bad m’kay

edit on 6-2-2020 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: misfit312

Thank you! I was looking for this and couldn't find it. May I ask do you have your own theory on what the "mystery" middle part is? Or a theory about the 2 virus that might have combined to make this virus?

PS I'm not asking to share your theory just if you have one.

I'm digesting this report that goes deep into the middle part. It's likely just to be a mutation, but I have to read more on it.
www.tandfonline.com...

link   

originally posted by: slatesteam

All I heard is you ain’t quite a virologist

And your qualifications are?....

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I have been following this thread since the beginning of part 1. I’m very concerned what is going on and hoping eventually this will blow over. Anyhow, I see so many people buying extra food items to stock up on. We have a very small amount stocked up as we are a large family. I have 9 kids. I can’t believe this happening, reading all these pages scares me and keeps me up at night. I worry how we will know when we get it, or will think it’s just a bad flu.

new topics

top topics

<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join