It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 73
<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

Yeah okay. “Still wrong though”... seriously?
Like do you have a PhD in Virology? And because some guy said bats, you KNOW this to be true? Because I heard it was SNAKES, on a PLANE no less! From some guys uncle that is half-Chinese and married to a wet-market chop and slop connoisseur....

I raise your heresay anecdotes with an over-the-counter confessional

My POINT is bat genome or snake or whatever could be worked on in that BSL-4 spot straight out of Wuhan.
And now the proverbially bat-Wing is out of that witches cauldron and is gonna smother us all
edit on 5-2-2020 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pommer89
a reply to: Mateo96
another guy looked into the image and said it hadn't been photoshopped

And another guy looked into it, namely me, and it's my opinion that it was Photoshopped. But you know what they say about opinions and people's backsides. That applies to the first guy who said no and the second guy, me, who said yes. We'll know the facts sooner or later. Or not.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: [post=24924680]weirdguy[/pos

So Where did it Actually Originate From ? Or is that Information just Not Available as a Kernel of Truth ?

No one really knows.

At this point, one scenario is as likely as another, but my personal rule of thumb is never attribute to mankind what mother nature can easily do on her own. Truthfully, all the ingredients exist in China for this type of thing to cook itself up without needing a BSL4 lab in the area to accidentally let it slip.

Watch the final flashback of the movie Contagion where you see the bat fly over the pig pen and drop what it was eating where the pig presumably scavenges it. Then the chef prepping the pig sticks his hand in its mouth and without washing them, shakes hands with Gwynneth Paltrow's character.

That is a fairly accurate representation of the chain of infection with this type of thing, and China is one of the places in the world that sets it up nicely. Culturally, the Chinese will eat about anything for either culinary or traditional medicine reasons, so they are constantly exposed to lots of what they call "bush meat" in Africa (incidentally, it causes the same issues there). The Chinese also have a thing for freshness such that they want to see the animal slaughtered right there in front of them further increasing the exposure to blood and other animal body fluids.

Add in the high populations of both people and domestic livestock needed to feed them, mix in the exotic animals, and you have lots of zoonotic infectious potential.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Welp ..We all gotta die from something

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: AlmightyGawd

I’ll refer to Tyrion Lannister and his response to this

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

If populations of any animal gets out of control, something comes along to get them back in balance. Its usually food resources that wear out in the niche that they exploit, but Rabbits seem to get Myxomatosis, perhaps with humans its stress, which stuffs the immune system, either way we seem to be part of the system.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: liejunkie01
a reply to: ShortBus

Is it wrong to prep? Nope. Is it wrong to inform those around you about the potential? Nope. 

But if EVERYONE did it right now, there would not be enough to go around and we don't need create a run on that stuff right now, but in 4 weeks when we really need too for the majority. 

I just picked up another 25 pounds of rice, big container of hand sanitizer, and a case of paper towels after work earlier.

I am slowly picking up supplies because I believe that if this is not contained soon, then there will be empty shelves everywhere. I hope not, but just in case my family will be better off than most because I choose to think ahead a little.

I hope nothing comes from thus but, I have a pretty bad feeling that if I do not act a little on this, then it may be too late.

Good to be prepared, but you should add bottle water or at least know where you can at least get well water.
My greatest fear and this has not been brought up yet, is what about those working at the nuclear power plants. Can you imagine if they can't leave their homes?

Speaking of which I did get a case if water.

I am going to add a 5 gallon water jug to the pile this weekend. I have 4 already. Water is something that I need to stash more of.

I am currently contemplating more toilet paper.

Lol. I dont want to end up in a situation.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: slatesteam

Yeah okay. “Still wrong though”... seriously?
Like do you have a PhD in Virology? And because some guy said bats, you KNOW this to be true? Because I heard it was SNAKES, on a PLANE no less! From some guys uncle that is half-Chinese and married to a wet-market chop and slop connoisseur....

I raise your heresay anecdotes with an over-the-counter confessional

My POINT is bat genome or snake or whatever could be worked on in that BSL-4 spot straight out of Wuhan.
And now the proverbially bat-Wing is out of that witches cauldron and is gonna smother us all

I a lab tech who works in the microbiology Dept at a private pathology lab. I'm no phd, I work hard for a living.

Doing the school pick up at the moment. Once I'm home I'll repost the DNA matches for people to brows.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: NxNWest

We had “bruise ship” earlier

I’m goin with “Glove Boat”.....

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Yes I recall you work in Pharma. Thank you for what you do. I’ve seen Contagion like most, but it is oddly, I mean ODDLY suspect that the lab is in Wuhan where they toil and trouble to make these beasties to lethal effect.

But in this case all we got is “official” #s, what-if stories, and wishful thinking.

I’m not challenging your knowledge either, nor what you believe. I just think it sounds like a slick cover story. And we saw what happens when people mention things like “close to HIV” in terms of replication....

cats out the bag, I heard it might’ve been a bat

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 10:30 PM
link   
China now halving tariffs on US imports? Yeah, their economy is hurting.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 10:32 PM
link   
If China did create this bio-weapon...what were their intentions for the virus?

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Only on medical goods for what I read.

If they did more it’s a token offering or to appease POTUS because he sent people when they finally asked.

edit on 5-2-2020 by SpartanStoic because: Spelling I’m stupid

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dr. Strangelove

If so, not this accident.

c'mon people, the country's reaction, actions and usurping of information etal. are off the charts.

Now asking for international and the US (of all requests) is a statement.

Think about it and not over read the internet.

mg

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dr. Strangelove

Someone posted a link to this old Chinese defense minister speech. I tried to find the exact link in this thread but forgot what page its on.

I did a search and found a different site with the Defense ministers speech.

speech

I don't know if this can be verified, but there are several different sites to find it on.

I believe that the link earlier in the thread was trying to link the coronavirus and the speech, but there may not be a connection, but the minister sure does say some interesting things.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: DaRAGE
a reply to: primalfractal

I don't know. Maybe someone is getting confused with the total amount in critical condition dying. 2 percent of total cases is about 15% of those in critical condition dying.

It's the 13% of people who catch the virus and go into critical condition that's going to send society to a stand still. If it gets out of control...

I don't know either but the info from tennisdawg, Lancet review, Hong Kong commission, tencent, the doc in Wuhan and other social media from China, is enough for me to question the official 2% number.

Also it's a fact that governments lie, and the Chinese government has a history of human rights abuse.

They harvest organs from their own people yet they would tell the truth about this?

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: missed_gear

You may have hit on something.

A theory;

It’s a bioweapon release, accidental
CCP freaks out
People are infected faster than thought
It spreads international
US figures it out, maybe tells it’s friends
CCP denies help, doesn’t want truth out
Things worsen, 500k infected
Trump back channels, we know what it is
Cut the tariffs, we send help and don’t tell
CCP decides F it help more valuable than tariffs

Plausible and very House of Cards.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Another possible case here in Illinois. Getting closer to home folks.

CHAMPAIGN, Ill. (WAND) – A possible case of the coronavirus could be in Champaign County. However, the Champaign-Urbana Public Health district hasn’t confirmed the information.
Illinois Radio Network said on Tuesday that a child in the C-U area is suspected of having the virus.

possible case

I am currently getting a little nervous here.

Wtf
edit on 5-2-2020 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

Be prepared, but save the freaking out until possible becomes confirmed. Even then, hold your horses. Panic helps no one.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

Anyone in the U.S died yet from this virus as far as you know ?

top topics

<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join