It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 70
<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   
2020 Olympics in Japan CANCELLED......?

This is a high probability outcome....
edit on 5-2-2020 by celltypespecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: celltypespecific
Olympics in Japan CANCELLED......?

This is a high probability event....

markets reaching an ATH tomorrow don't think anybody is worried about that

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Could be true
But he did say it depends on controls
And that can’t be quantified
I believe it’s elevated, but 50,000/day?
Almost incomprehensible

edit on 5-2-2020 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Can you provide info on how many marketeers saw the 2007-2008 crash coming and reasons for not seeing it.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

Fed wasn't pumping the markets and adding liquidity via repo in 08

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   

China has detained our corespondent Michael Yon who is a world renowned war correspondent. He traveled to Hong Kong to report on the #coronavirus and was detained. The coverup is well underway and they don’t want the media there. Wake up people. No more Hong Kong issues./

twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

China has detained our corespondent Michael Yon who is a world renowned war correspondent. He traveled to Hong Kong to report on the #coronavirus and was detained. The coverup is well underway and they don’t want the media there. Wake up people. No more Hong Kong issues./

twitter.com...

It's very suspicious we don't hear of the Hong Kong protests, Its very possible the corona virus is a stooge.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Stocks in Asia gained after data showed resilience in the U.S. economy and investors speculated the fallout from the coronavirus could be contained. U.S. equities earlier closed at an all-time high and Treasury yields held on to their advance. Shares advanced in Tokyo, Seoul and Sydney. Hong Kong opened more than 1% higher as equities in the Asia Pacific could be on course for a third day of gains. Chinese stocks were little changed. Risk sentiment was lifted after a string of reports on possible vaccines for the virus, but the World Health Organization later said there are no proven therapeutics. On the data front: U.S. firms added more jobs than forecast in January and business activity firmed in the services sector. Crude oil remained higher amid prospects for OPEC+ output cuts.

outline.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: thov420
Don't know if this has been posted here yet but saw it on my Facebook feed earlier today.

Wisconsin health officials confirm state’s first case of new coronavirus, the 12th confirmed case in the U.S.

Thanks for the update. The story you provided about the new patient has raised some questions for me. I'd like to share them with the class guys read the article linked in this post.

"They are still in isolation at home and will remain there until testing shows they no longer have the coronavirus.”

So, does this mean the U.S. has a cure?

Also in the article it says the patient had returned from Beijing. Is Beijing even one of the cities under quarantine?

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

Maintain the population under 500 million. Where have I heard that before?... or maintain the infection under 500 mil.
Crazy times & numbers.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

originally posted by: thov420
Don't know if this has been posted here yet but saw it on my Facebook feed earlier today.

Wisconsin health officials confirm state’s first case of new coronavirus, the 12th confirmed case in the U.S.

Thanks for the update. The story you provided about the new patient has raised some questions for me. I'd like to share them with the class guys read the article linked in this post.

"They are still in isolation at home and will remain there until testing shows they no longer have the coronavirus.”

So, does this mean the U.S. has a cure?

Also in the article it says the patient had returned from Beijing. Is Beijing even one of the cities under quarantine?

yet***

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Fed wasn't pumping the markets and adding liquidity via repo in 08

That's not what I was asking.

You seem absolutely certain that the market is indicative of the future, that somehow there is a collective knowledge there that exists nowhere else and can see how things are going to progress.

The point I'm making is that the idea of the market being able to predict the future with a looming crisis, seen or unseen, is a fallacy. It didn't see 07/08 coming, and on face value at least, it's going to miss this one as well.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

its called the efficient market hypothesis

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 08:23 PM
link   
At this point I think the goal of governments are...

Delay.....

1) Delay the spread of the virus by taking those obviously sick from entering the USA or being around others

2) Delay making a big deal about the virus. If we lock down everyone coming in, even with no symptoms, that will cause fear and panic

3) The more time we have, the better we can grasp what we are dealing with and hopes have having a viable treatment

4) More time to prepare and prep for worst case situation

If fear and panic happens...

1) Hospitals and medical centers will be overburden and not be able to care for the truly sick (be it this virus or heart condition, or whatever)

2) Markets will decline significantly

3) A run on food and other supplies

... All happening BEFORE there is a real need for any of this to happen.

All of us on here want to KNOW THE TRUTH, but do we really want to know the truth. If we heard the truth would we react based on fear? Imagine the panic going through this thread about finding out that the numbers and deaths are 10x what they are being reported, or 100 times what they are being reported. We respond out of fear... we must prep, we must get masks, we must take action.

YET... perhaps by the time this really starts to become REAL in 4 weeks inside say, the United States, that a viable treatment will have been found (which already has for treatment of HIV) and while a vaccine will not be available for months or years, a 90% effective treatment, if treated in time, would not cause all the panic, all the market drama and a overwhelm medical centers and food supplies.

I know people who have NO CLUE about the corona virus and even if you told them, they would go on about their day.

Is it wrong to prep? Nope. Is it wrong to inform those around you about the potential? Nope.

But if EVERYONE did it right now, there would not be enough to go around and we don't need create a run on that stuff right now, but in 4 weeks when we really need too for the majority.

Plus, what is running out of supplies now, will most certainly run out if they made a big deal about it, so it allows companies to get more supplies, etc.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 08:25 PM
link   

efficient market hypothesis. LOL we're #ed.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   

The People’s Liberation Army Daily reported that Chen Wei, China’s top expert in biological warfare, has been leading the efforts to overcome the deadly, pneumonia-like pathogen for the last nine days.

I'm guessing its all hands on deck for anyone knowedgable in viruses to be assisting...

but this just adds to the anxiety around the origins of the virus

www.theepochtimes.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Here's some footage apparently of Xi meeting HunSen yesterday
twitter.com...

he looks up beat and strong, few grey hairs are showing.. i guess rumors of him being sick are unfounded

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I've been offline for a day or so, so I don't know if this has been posted already. My apologies, if so. I found this to be a somewhat sobering analysis, as presented by Johns Hopkins CSSE here.

It indicates that, yes, approximately 28,144 people have been confirmed as being infected with 2019-nCov. Yes, 565 people have died as complications related to the coronavirus. However, only 1146 are attributed as having become fully recovered. Now, it would be improper to extrapolate between those two numbers to arrive at a..... what, 37% mortality? Nope. It is, sobering though.

I wonder if this virus can be recontracted? I don't believe that has been ruled out. Be safe.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Been following this since the first thread. Well, actually a few days before that. I read a lot of the first thread and I'm working on this one now. I'd like to thank all of the member who have info from family in China and those that are medical professionals/doctors etc. I'm thankful for the information you provide and the knowledge you guys have.

I mainly just hop on here once every other day or so to check a few of the latest pages in this thread. These types of threads are part of why I've been lurking here for so long. There is so much good information here it is awesome and no where else really compares. The amount of intelligent people on this site really makes me feel like a big dummy.

Anyhow, from everything I've read I fear this is only going to get worse. I wont trust the Chinese govt. and it really seems like our Govt's dropped the ball on this one. With so many flights being allowed everywhere it makes you wonder if they (the govts, not only china) were deliberately trying to spread it. If this were something far more deadlier, we would all be screwed. Just my opinion.. I won't get too crazy with the conspiracies because it seems like social media is already taking care of that lol.

I feel for the people in China, I hope they make it out of this with as little suffering as possible.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 08:33 PM
link   
interesting.

#Wuhan authorities in a race against the clock. Local government has been ordered to test all suspected cases by end of day Friday. Officials moving the sick to 11 pop-up clinics, other makeshift hospitals. Families complain self-quarantine led to more than one loss in a family.

how can they possibly do that?

top topics

<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join