It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 65
<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: firesnake
Lets hope that after today we settle on the maths classes a little and get actual facts from source (as if). Yes the numbers are tricky, I’ve never been blessed with a genius maths gene but is the following correct; can 0% mean %100 at the same time?

If yesterday’s total = let’s say 2,000, and the increase today was 2,000, it means there was a 0% increase in the figure for yesterday. Yet this = 100% increase overall as now there are 4,000 cases. Is that right or do I need to just walk right on in to school when I take my kids in tomorrow? Be gentle.

100% increase in total cases
0% increase in daily growth - which is at 100%, which means tomorrow it would be 8000 cases... a 100% increase from 4000 today (2000 yesterday + 2000)

for example a 150% daily increase tomorrow would mean it's speeding up, and that today it grew 100% from 2000 to 4000, but tomorrow it's not 8000 as it would be for a 100% increase, but 10 000
edit on 5-2-2020 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: EndtheMadnessNow
a reply to: liejunkie01

Very similar was done in Miami to combat Zika virus.

www.youtube.com...

FOR MOSQUITOES.

Exactly what are they spraying for here? Bats? (sarcasm...) I can see fogging a room or ward.. but not a city.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

originally posted by: Pommer89
a reply to: Necrose
Where do you guys get this info? Tencent website?

Dont think I win is best thing to say in all this, people are dying.

That's not how yall treated me when I disagreed.

Yall attacked me personally to prop up your egos and utilized group tactics of intimidation and shaming.

Sounds like winning the argument is all anyone cares about these days, truth be damned!

Oh look, it's opposite day.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 06:04 PM
link   
BREAKING: 10 more people diagnosed with coronavirus on cruise ship near Tokyo, raising ship's total to 20

Japan's at 45 confirmed atm.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: WattBWong

I think their ratios are solid, infected, deaths, severe, recovered (from severe) etc. We have reached the limits of their public health system and testing abilities. Who knows if that’s regulated by the party or if they’re maxed out. I wish they would also include suspected, quarantined, and under observation because those are most likely positive cases. We also don’t know how they confirm, are their positive cases tested once and then confirmed through another test? Are these other groups screened once and backlogged for a confirmation test.

Honestly, just add a zero to all the numbers, especially in Wuhan. Who knows, maybe their quarantine procedures are working and we’re watching the worst humanitarian crisis unfold right before our eyes. Or the best disease controls ever implemented in history according to the WHO.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

Lysol. What I was pointing to is it's not unusual for spraying to clean or kill whatever. No idea what is being sprayed in China but whatever it is probably has some side effect.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I feel really sorry for the people on the ship in Japan and the one in Hong Kong.

However those 2 situations are probably going to be very enlightening in terms of how many get it, and more importantly how many recover from it / are killed by it, and what nationalities get it.

Will hopefully be much more reliable than Chinese numbers.

I hope hardly any of them have it and all recover.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

It’s probably some awful chemical like chlorine dioxide or some other chemical that can strip respiratory membranes and cause serious harm to anyone who inhaled the stuff. At least it will kill everything, including people.

link   

Reading they also tested 71 new people. Bringing total tested on board to 102.

link   

I hear neurotoxins help kill the pop... I mean disease being carried/spread over Wuhan when applied by aerosol....

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAMEDDDoc

Who knows, maybe their quarantine procedures are NOT working and we’re watching the worst humanitarian crisis unfold right before our eyes. Or the best disease controls ever implemented in history according to the WHO.

Just a little edit for you.

I agree, I don't really think there's any middle ground, I suspect they have been overrun.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
Look guys, we're going to find out how serious this is one way or another at some point in time.

All this back and forth arguing about percentages won't matter if it starts affecting our lives in some form or another. Unfortunately, the only "proof" were going to get is total chaos or business as usual. Time will tell all.

Saw this and wanted to repost in case math wars is still going on by the time I reach the end of this thread (been following since part 1). Please guys, I am begging, let’s keep the math debate off this thread. This come from a math guy (finance here). The poster about the potential site on the gulf coast really worries me. I have started to prep (in my mind) on what I will need to do if this continues. I suggest others with the means to do so, begin this as well.
edit on 5-2-2020 by JSpader because: (no reason given)

link   

You may be onto something. Flies, gnats or some obscure insect or animal could be helping to spread it, not necessarily by biting but just by It’s own physical contact?

link   

originally posted by: slatesteam

I hear neurotoxins help kill the pop... I mean disease being carried/spread over Wuhan when applied by aerosol....

We would have a smaller 1 ton truck run through the neighborhoods spraying mosquitoes here in the midwest.

But the type of spraying in the videos is a whole new level of hold your breath..

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

It could go either way, forcing these people to quarantine in closed spaces with the infected isn’t doing anybody any favors. It will help the disease burn out more quickly in these areas, whatever happens to those infected.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: EndtheMadnessNow

Lysol. What I was pointing to is it's not unusual for spraying to clean or kill whatever. No idea what is being sprayed in China but whatever it is probably has some side effect.

But why? Lysol isnt going to do jack for it.. maybe in case anyone licks the road or cars??

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Excellent, I wanted to clear up any misconceptions between percentage figures as they can be misleading.

On another note, my wife used to work in concessions on the Diamond Princess, the cruise liner in dock in Tokyo. She can’t imagine what they’d be going through. She’s always telling me how small and cramped the rooms were at least for the crew. Two weeks is a looong time in such a confined space, so hopefully they don’t flip out. Airdrop some playing cards, booze, a dj and some smokes, they’ll have a story to tell their grandkids at least.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: 38181

You may be onto something. Flies, gnats or some obscure insect or animal could be helping to spread it, not necessarily by biting but just by It’s own physical contact?

Thatswhat Id like people to think about. WHAT are they spraying for.. and WHAT are they spraying. It simply doesnt work with flu viruses or coronaviruses etc.. its useless to spray disinfectant willy nilly in the air.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 06:18 PM
link   
www.wjhl.com...
Two of the passengers on The Diamond Princess, part of the Princess Cruise Line fleet who’ve been told to stay in their rooms for the next two weeks are from my neighboring town are on board. News Channel 11 made contact with Dr. Arnold and Jeanie Hopland Wednesday afternoon by phone. Im sure Dr. Hopland is going to be very busy these next 2 weeks as I doubt he will stay in his room if they need more Dr.'s on board.
edit on 5-2-2020 by lostsock because: added more info

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Sorry, I was kidding.

Meanwhile, China's National Health Commission has deleted today's press release. Waiting for an update (correction?)

twitter.com...

top topics

<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join