It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 50
<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Pommer89

Oh ffs just facepalm

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: revmoofoo
Hello everyone!

I just found this. I don't know much about this source, so please forgive me if it's garbage.

It would appear that Tencent may have accidentally leaked real data on Wuhan virus deaths.

SOURCE

Rev

When I 1st saw the tweet the comments were saying those numbers were Photoshoped .

Maybe someone on here can prove thats a photoshopped image?

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Have to just remember...there is information warfare going on now.....and that makes this more difficult becouse it`s difficult to really trust , even WHO is not to be trusted IMO.
edit on 5-2-2020 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit
Flu: R0 of 1.4 to 1.6 - Fatality rate of 0.095%

Corona virus: R0 of 4.08 - Fatality rate of 6.5%

How is the Corona virus not -considerably- worse than influenza?

Because it is way tooearly, and we simply don't enough data to even begin to provide numbers like that with any degree of certainty.

In other words - your numbers are virtually baseless, and in no way the reality... yet.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   

a reply to: toysforadults

Thanks for the update. I'd love to find out more about the whistleblower you mentioned.

Rev

the article was in Mandaran from an Asian news source I don't know how to look it up

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: revmoofoo

What I think is interesting about these numbers is the number of confirmed cases (154,023) and the 24,589 death total closes matches the Lancet Journal's projected novel coronavirus fatality rate of 14-15%.

Source

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: 1questioner
a reply to: revmoofoo

What I think is interesting about these numbers is the number of confirmed cases (154,023) and the 24,589 death total closes matches the Lancet Journal's projected novel coronavirus fatality rate of 14-15%.

Source

Those are scary ass numbers...

I wish someone would prove photshop or not on that image..

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Stop a U.S. Coronavirus Outbreak Before It Starts

It’s time to start testing patients with unexplained pneumonia, even if they haven’t traveled to China.

First, doctors must be on high alert. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention should expand its guidance to doctors: Be suspicious of anyone with unexplained pneumonia who tests negative for common viruses, even if the patient has no connection to China.

An expanded sentinel surveillance system—detailed data collected from a network of high-risk locations—could help spot unusual clusters of illness that might be the beginning of an outbreak. If only 10% to 20% of people develop serious symptoms, then for every person diagnosed there may be eight or nine who elude detection.

Second, these expanded criteria should translate into broader screening. It’s crucial to identify cases of secondary spread, in which someone catches the virus from another person who hasn’t recently been to China.

CDC currently recommends testing only those with a clear and known risk factor, such as travel to China or close contact with an infected or exposed person. The patient must also be showing symptoms, such as fever and shortness of breath. This strategy will miss illnesses coming from a potential outbreak in which the index case—the person who traveled to China, for example—is two or three steps removed from the people who show up at the hospital with pneumonia. It’s time to start testing more people, even if they haven’t visited China or been in contact with someone infected.

edit on 5-2-2020 by SimpleIdea because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: SimpleIdea

No vaccine yet but they are getting close news.sky.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: wuflu

Hello everyone!

I just found this. I don't know much about this source, so please forgive me if it's garbage.

It would appear that Tencent may have accidentally leaked real data on Wuhan virus deaths.

SOURCE

Rev

Maybe someone on here can prove thats a photoshopped image?

Well, I've been a professional photographer for over 40 years and have used computer software to work on images for 22 years. I personally think it's Photoshopped. Look at that first number - "154023" - the numbers all seem to be canted leftwards toward the tops of the numbers and the numbers slope off in a downwardly manner to the right. They wouldn't normally do that. Compare that to how hard it would be to make numbers slope off like this on this kind of platform. You type the words, but the software makes them absolutely straight. I don't know many programs that can do it any other way. That is my opinion about the matter.
edit on 5-2-2020 by TrulyColorBlind because: Smoothed up wording and corrected a typo.

edit on 5-2-2020 by TrulyColorBlind because: Corrected another typo.

edit on 5-2-2020 by TrulyColorBlind because: This time I think I finally fixed that typo correctly!

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 09:43 AM
link   
One possibility, which i do not confirm or deny as i dont know...

They leaked the Tencent story to promote fear------->this can then guide people to SOLUTION : vaccine

They allways need the boogeyman to sell...

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: wuflu

I did find this on reddit. I'm on mobile so can't upload a pic. They are saying easy to edit in a web browser and they showed an example.

pic

edit on 5-2-2020 by misfit312 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Only 2 things I can offer are that;

These “slip leaks” have happened before in China. Sometimes the “slip” is more like insider leaks.

On WeChat users were saying that it wasn’t photoshopped and there are lots of qualified PS users in China. It’s a standard class for many degrees. I had many staff that could use it well and tell PS’d photos by sight or opening them up in PS.

Still possible it’s a fake but then why would the numbers be a close match to Lancet?

It was on WeChat long before I saw it on Twitter. I don’t reddit.
edit on 5-2-2020 by SpartanStoic because: Add

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

Still possible it’s a fake but then why would the numbers be a close match to Lancet?

Just spitballing here but maybe the jackass that photshopped it saw the Lancet numbers and wanted to scare people .

It worked because it scared me.

link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic

Only 2 things I can offer are that;

These “slip leaks” have happened before in China. Sometimes the “slip” is more like insider leaks.

On WeChat users were saying that it wasn’t photoshopped and there are lots of qualified PS users in China. It’s a standard class for many degrees. I had many staff that could use it well and tell PS’d photos by sight or opening them up in PS.

It was on WeChat long before I saw it on Twitter. I don’t reddit.

It's quite possible that these numbers could be Photoshopped and still be close to the true numbers. If an insider has some fairly accurate information that their government wasn't releasing, they could, pardon the pun, doctor up an image and use it to get the word out of what's really going down inside China. I'm not saying this is what happened, but it's a possibility to take into consideration.

link   

originally posted by: misfit312

I did find this on reddit. I'm on mobile so can't upload a pic. They are saying easy to edit in a web browser and they showed an example.pic

Can someone repost photo so I can try? On phone don't want to dig.

I will try, Im on a phone though.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: wuflu

Just spitballing here but maybe the jackass that photshopped it saw the Lancet numbers and wanted to scare people.

That's a possibility as well.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   

No need to use photoshop, you can just edit the HTML code with pretty much any browser, just like misfit312 said.

You can literally right click any website and go to "Inspect element," find the correct line, and change it to your liking.
Unless there is a second picture with similar numbers or the same ones taken by another person, there is literally no proof, and even then, they can just be using HTML editing.

The absolute only way to confirm it is if we all logged into Tencent at the same time and saw it for ourselves in our browsers.

For example, just did it with the WuFlu site, you can edit the graphs too but since it's actually a giant table, you'd need to find the correct td and tr values to change.

imgur.com...

As you can see, we are dealing with negative deaths, so prepare your zombie training. That picture has the same weight as the picture of Tencent's page.

edit on 5-2-2020 by Mateo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

Thank you for your valuable insight. I apologize if I seemed argumentative, wasn't meaning to be. Just asking for more/easier to parse information for my own comprehension.

I appreciate your straight forward answer and explanation.

Has there been any changes in anything since last night?

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: ragiusnotiel

originally posted by: misfit312

I did find this on reddit. I'm on mobile so can't upload a pic. They are saying easy to edit in a web browser and they showed an example.pic

Can someone repost photo so I can try? On phone don't want to dig.

There's a link to the image in question toward the top of this page, (page 50.) That's what I used to download it to my computer so I could zoom in and see more detail and inspect it.

top topics

<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join