It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 09:02 PM
link   
That report from Infowars (lol) is of course misleading. The pShuttle-SN is a plasmid (look it up) made from the spike protein of the SARS virus.

Here is the sequence for pShuttle-SN, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
Because it's made from the SARS spike protein, you would expect it to have a solid hit to the SARS virus genome, which it does at 99.61%. Click the link to see a pic or the BLAST results. files.abovetopsecret.com...

It's worth noting that 2019-ncov is not listed anywhere on the results. If pShuttle-SN or even the SARS spike protein was found in 2019-ncov, a solid hit would be expected.

So what about the 2019-ncov spike protein? www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
Well, the fact is that the spike protein for 2019-ncov has only a 77.04% to the SARS spike protein. A much higher match would be expected if the pShuttle-SN plasmid was present in 2019-ncov. Click the link to see a pic of the BLAST results.
files.abovetopsecret.com...

Remember, 2019-ncov and SARS are related. There is still no evidence that 2019-ncov is from a Lab/ bioweapon.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

In addition, instances of asymptomatic spread of the virus have been reported.

So no citation of cases, just what china said and the germany case makes it plural "reports." If the germany case collapses that leaves us with exactly zero cases, just some reports from china, which may or may not be accurate.

I'll wait for it to actually happen outside of china to believe it's the case.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Coronavirus: Hong Kong confirms first death, a 39-year-old man

www.scmp.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

In addition, instances of asymptomatic spread of the virus have been reported.

So no citation of cases, just what china said and the germany case makes it plural "reports." If the germany case collapses that leaves us with exactly zero cases, just some reports from china, which may or may not be accurate.

I'll wait for it to actually happen outside of china to believe it's the case.

I literally gave you links to the CDC and another poster gave you links to the W.H.O

I dunno how much more plain and in your face it can get for you.

Some people just want to remain ignorant no matter what the facts are.
edit on 3-2-2020 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Of the 56 cases reported outside China, three were detected while asymptomatic.

Detected while asymptomatic is not the same as transmitted while asymptomatic, at all.

Detected means Jane was around infected Joe who sneezed on her so a couple days later she went to the doc and tested positive for the virus, despite having no symptoms herself.

Transmitted means joe felt fine and was around jane, a few days later, joe started having symptoms. A few days after that jane started having symptoms.

It's a very big and crucial difference.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I'm pretty damn confident that there are many more cases around the World that simply haven't been "confirmed" because the infected aren't experiencing severe enough side effects to bother getting tested. Remember most people get the flu now and then, and when they do, unless they have some extreme side effects, they just tough it out at home. Hell, even I just went through a nasty flu -- even knowing while this nasty corona virus is out there -- and I haven't bothered going to the doctors. I've just stayed at home and toughed it out.

So there's definitely a lot more cases out there around the World, but it seems very few felt the need to go to the doctors -- so I suppose there's a positive to be taken out of that as well -- but also it's probably just a matter of time before we see other densely populated countries start seeing more confirmed cases.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 09:08 PM
link   

No you gave me a quote, I copied and pasted it and found the link. I pointed out that it was "reported," not confirmed cases and the plural version of the word could easily be the reports from china as well as the report case from germany. Hell, they could simply be talking about multiple reports from china.

The WHO link was about detecting it before symptoms, not transmitting it.

Again, I'll wait for it to actually happen outside of china to believe it.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Maluhia

Whatever they hear, I hear. Wife and I are on WeChat everyday and my wife most of the day while my sons are in school.

No one in her large family has it yet but we know she’ll get the message sooner or later.

I said it’s movie level pandemic bad in another thread and I’ll stand by that. I could post and link stuff all night but it would muddy the conversation.

I simply haven’t posted everything I’ve seen because I can not confirm some it to ATS readers. But others have posted things I’ve read, seen, or been told.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Hi Everyone,

As a new member who joined just to contribute to this thread I introduce myself as a co-founder of biotech startup company in the field of human health, age related diseases and longevity. I am not a scientist, however, I participate in round table discussions within our company with a world class epidemiologist, and our PhD geneticist/microbiologist. While as a company we are not involved in matters related to the novel corona virus, this topic is continually being discussed among our group. While I may fairly savvy in microbiology myself I am not a doctor and knowledge I may share is meant for those more technically inclined member to research and verify.

That being said, I would like to entertain some answers to ATS questions from this thread and present possible remedies that we should be aware of that may exist. From what I’ve read and our company has discussed the answer to why this virus may effect on males or Asian males in particular may be because genetics. It has been determined that like both SARS and MERS this new virus infects the host through the ACE2 receptor. This receptor is prevalent throughout the human body in both the lungs and GI track. Males have more ACE2 receptors than females and Asian males (sample of just one) had 5X the number of ACE2 receptors than White or African males.

www.biorxiv.org...

It is my understanding that when we design a treatment plan to deal with a virus we look to bind the human receptor, in this case ACE2, with another molecule so as to reduce the chance of infection. With the novel corona virus we are presented with the opportunity to bind this receptor with a number of different naturally occurring compounds. What has interested our group has been nicotianamine.

www.preprints.org...

Nicotianamine naturally occurs in high concentration in soybeans, specifically green soybeans(edemame). If you dry the soybeans with heat you may denature the proteins or if the soybeans are fermented this will also reduce the efficacy of the nicotianamine in the soybeans. From the best we understand nicotianamine survives the digestive process and crosses the blood brain barrier. Nicotianamine is also the precursor chemical for NAD+.

www.ccsenet.org...

So now we have theoretically discover why males and Asians may be more susceptible to this novel corona virus and we have identified a possible supplement that may convey some immunity to this disease. There is also another approach. We can also attack this virus by binding the viruses own protein receptors so as to neutralize this virus itself. Both colloidal silver and lithium ions have been shown to neutralize corona viruses and viruses in general.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

The best I understand is that many positively charged metal ions would work against viruses. Certainly lithium orotate, available OTC, would also work as we are only interested in the elemental lithium.

Perhaps a prophylactic treatment plan of soybeans and either colloidal silver/lithium would be beneficial. I leave it to the more medically savvy members of ATS to ponder. At least this is where our company round table discussion has evolved to as of today.

Apologies in advance if the links are broken! Please help fix any bad links I may have as I have never posted anything to forum before.

edit on 3-2-2020 by AgelessOne because: Hopefully fixed the links!

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Detected while asymptomatic is not the same as transmitted while asymptomatic, at all.

I stand corrected.

Let's hope that it really cannot be transmitted while a patient is asymptomatic; it's just too early to know for certain and better overly cautious than overly optimistic at this point.

It is entirely possible that symptoms are so mild as to almost not be noticeable by one with the disease and that at some point prior to symptoms becoming severe enough to notice that the transmissible threshold is reached.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Any Americans out here, what do you think... many of us drive cars to work, could this be limiting our exposure to the virus?

I say this because primary methods of transportation in China are bus and subway. At rush hour you make new and intimate friends whether you want to or not.

Im wondering how much our driving habits will help slow the spread.

The student at ASU here in Phoenix would have more limited exposure to others because she most likely took an Uber or someone picked her up from airport.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 09:21 PM
link   

It is entirely possible that symptoms are so mild as to almost not be noticeable by one with the disease and that at some point prior to symptoms becoming severe enough to notice that the transmissible threshold is reached.

That's exactly correct.

I'm not saying it cannot happen, because it does happen. The flu is contagious roughly day before symptoms start. I simply want to see it happen before I go all zombie apocalypse here. I was waiting for a 2nd case after the germany case, to confirm. Now it seems the germany case is probably not accurate.

I don't take the "reports out of china" seriously because in a place (especially ground zero) that the virus has become so prominent, it's not going to be reliable to say you got it here or there before someone had symptoms.

I'll say it, as I did in the previous thread, if you are contagious a week before symptoms, we are entirely screwed. There is basically nothing we can do to contain this. It is already going to be everywhere.

link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

This is indeed a possibility. Ketsuko has been saying since fairly early on the prior thread that the evidence shows that close proximity and prolonged contact seem to be deciding factors in the ease of transmission of the virus. She's pretty sharp and so I tend to agree with her assessment.

Unfortunately we will just have to wait and see how this plays out to know more for certain.

link   

You can test positive while asymptomatic, yes. But there is no proof
T asymptomatic people are contagious. The proof was that german case which is debunked now.

edit on 3-2-2020 by Maker22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Bats , Gene Editing and Bioweapons: Recent DARPA Experiments Raise Concerns Amid Coronavirus Outbreak

DARPA recently spent millions on research involving bats and coronaviruses, as well as gene editing “bioweapons” prior to the recent coronavirus outbreak. Now, “strategic allies” of the agency have been chosen to develop a genetic material-based vaccine to halt the potential epidemic.

Now, as fear regarding the current coronavirus outbreak begins to peak, companies with direct ties to DARPA have been tasked with developing its vaccine, the long-term human and environmental impacts of which are unknown and will remain unknown by the time the vaccine is expected to go to market in a few weeks time.

Furthermore, DARPA and the Pentagon’s past history with bioweapons and their more recent experiments on genetic alteration and extinction technologies as well as bats and coronaviruses in proximity to China have been largely left out of the narrative, despite the information being publicly available. Also left out of the media narrative have been the direct ties of both the USAMRIID and DARPA-partnered Duke University to the city of Wuhan, including its Institute of Medical Virology.

Long intriguing article.

link   
looks like China pumped more money into the markets today

China's central bank pumped 400 billion yuan (about $57 billion) into the banking system on Tuesday, after an injection of 1.2 trillion yuan into the system via reverse repos on Monday.

That makes around $US 220 Billion in total injected into the chinese markets in 48hrs. The markets initially jumped 1%.. but they're starting to go back into the red

edit on 3/2/20 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

It definitely helps. Big cities with mass transit will have problems if it breaks out but most of america is rural and their biggest threat of exposure is at work or through their kids (who ride a school bus and are in a big classroom of people). If it is not contagious before symptoms, I don't think we'll see a major outbreak in the US.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

I wish I could short that market... this thing is far from over in china.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 09:28 PM
link   

edit on 3-2-2020 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I’m reading on WeChat and starting onto Twitter that in Shenzhen the govt has a new tactic. Turn your water off.

What that means is that even if your bill is current you must go to the local committee office with your ID. And guess what happens if you’re from Wuhan?

We don’t know coz you aren’t seen again is the primary version.

Others range from being detained and forcibly tested to being sealed in your apartment.

Twitter Jennifer Zeng
edit on 3-2-2020 by SpartanStoic because: Spelling

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join