It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: Fowlerstoad

Which would mean checking temps at airports is a good idea to contain the spread.

yes for some, but the vast majority of those carrying and spreading will not be showing symptoms

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 08:43 PM
link   
There's more than the Germans saying its infectious before symptoms.

While its some good news, I wouldn't take it as being 100% accurate.

There's multiple people confirmed infected that are showing 0 symptoms - that much we know is true.

Are they infectious? we haven't confirmed that yet

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Hong Kong confirms first death, a 39-year-old patient

A 39-year-old patient has become the first to die in Hong Kong from an illness related to the deadly coronavirus, the Post understands.
The patient, who was being treated in Princess Margaret Hospital in Kwai Chung, died on Tuesday morning due to sudden heart failure, according to three medical sources.
On Monday, the Centre for Health Protection said there were 15 confirmed cases in Hong Kong.

www.scmp.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Are they infectious? we haven't confirmed that yet

Yes they are, theyve already confirmed several cases being spread before they were showing symptoms, almost 4 days ago

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 08:47 PM
link   

With asymptomatic transmission of novel coronavirus confirmed outside China, plans to identify the virus by current screening measures may not be enough.

"This underlines that ... trying to keep out people symptomatic with respira

Source

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I will stick with Germany and Japan plus CCPs actions as confirmation.

It mutates, there could be strains that do either at this point.

edit on 3-2-2020 by SpartanStoic because: Grammar

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

Got a link for that? Because every article I find, cites the germany woman.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Probably it could be on the surface of clothes etc. But you will be shedding far more viruses if you are showing symptoms and thus spreading at a higher rate, than if you had just breathed a few in, which is reasonable.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 08:51 PM
link   

The first line is a link to the germany woman, who says she did have symptoms.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   

bnonews.com...

There are currently 20,626 confirmed cases worldwide, including 427 fatalities.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I would also point out that the lack of rapid growth of cases outside of china argues against asymptomatic transmission.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Yeah the CDC says so, im not sure where they are getting their cases, they may not be saying for a good reason.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Thank you for continuing this thread. I feel like it's the most reliable source of accurate information available. Especially with Twitter, FB and Google starting to seriously filter what we read.

Tucker Carlson did a segment on Coronavirus tonight's show (Feb. 3) and showed some of the video clips that we've seen. He also had a guest on (you'll have to pull the clip from their website to see what kind of doctor he was) that said that the temp scanning they are doing at airports is pointless because you shed the virus for a week before you start to show symptoms. He ended the show by saying the man who videotaped the bodies in the ambulance, and in the hospital, has disappeared. He said the last anyone heard from him was that police were confiscating his equipment and taking him into 'quarantine'. Tucker even volleyed the question of whether he is in jail. It's good to know that some of the MSM news outlets aren't afraid to talk straight about this.

With Iowa caucusing behind us tonight, the Senate vote behind us Wednesday, and the Superbowl over, I'm guessing this will now start to get a lot more coverage on the news.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Thailand must be really onto something and it's not getting enough publicity.

Of all the countries outside China, it shows only 11 recoveries, but 7 of those are from Thailand whom said they found the right mix of drugs to fix those with Corona Virus in 48 hours, combining HIV and Flu treatments.

So, out of 19 infected people, they have 7 recovered. Only 4 other recoveries are noted on the chart of all other non-China countries.

bnonews.com...

economictimes.indiatimes.com... 72.cms

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
I would also point out that the lack of rapid growth of cases outside of china argues against asymptomatic transmission.

Again the CDC says different, I dont mean to be a jerk here, but im going to lean more on what they are finding than someone armchairing it.

And actually it DOESNT argue against it.

The fact that they are popping up in areas where people arent heavily infected or there has been no infection quite yet, lends more credence to the fact that it is spreading asymptomatic.

Add to that the sudden bombs of people being diagnosed, and everything lends to that it IS spread asymptomatic as well

I dont know what you consider "rapid" growth, but its pretty substantial already, and its going to jump again.
edit on 3-2-2020 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 08:57 PM
link   

The CDC hopped on the germany woman bandwagon from everything I can find. Likely because it was better to play it safe. If the germany case is not correct then we have no evidence of it. China has said it can happen but they have provided no data that proves it. You cited four cases but I can only find the germany one, were there others?

Add to that the sudden bombs of people being diagnosed...

Not outside of china... In the last 3 days there have been 15 new cases.
edit on 3-2-2020 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 08:57 PM
link   
First death Hong Kong

twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

The CDC hopped on the germany woman bandwagon from everything I can find. Likely because it was better to play it safe. If the germany case is not correct then we have no evidence of it. China has said it can happen but they have provided no data that proves it. You cited four cases but I can only find the germany one, were there others?

The cdc flat out stated multiple cases

In addition, instances of asymptomatic spread of the virus have been reported. Learn what is known about the spread of newly emerged coronaviruses.

I feel liek yorue having some issues disseminating information, im not trying to be a jerk but, you dont seem to really understand the threads of different things going on simultaneously,

the post THAT excerpt came from, came out of the CDC TODAY

Its being updated as things happen Link
edit on 3-2-2020 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Note: for figure 2: Of the 56 cases reported outside China, three were detected while asymptomatic. For remaining 53 cases, information is available only for 36 cases as presented in the epi curve.

World Health Organization. Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) situation report-8. (direct .pdf link)

Edited to add:

To be fair, the CDC report does list the NEJM paper regarding the German woman:

Typically, with most respiratory viruses, people are thought to be most contagious when they are most symptomatic (the sickest). With 2019-nCoV, however, there have been reports of spread from an infected patient with no symptoms to a close contact.

How 2019-nCoV Spreads - CDC

Author's note: the link in the above excerpt contains the link from quoted excerpt
edit on 3-2-2020 by jadedANDcynical because: added extra reply to SailorJerry

edit on 3-2-2020 by jadedANDcynical because: typos and fixed link tag

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Local news here in NYC just did a story on virus and had a piece on Flushing NY, in Queens, which has a huge concentration of Asian people. They said it basically looks a bit like Wuhan - deserted. Restaurants, stores empty. People hesitant to go outside. Those that are wandering around are all wearing masks.

Makes you wonder what they might be hearing from the front lines back home. Or, just overly cautious?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join