It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 361
<< 358  359  360    362 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
Update her in Boise.

Local man found dead in his house, who had recently traveled to Wuhan is being tested for the Corona Virus........ill keep udated as i can

They tested negative
localnews8.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: EndtheMadnessNow
Yea, I'm partial on Outbreak & Andromeda Strain.

Take your pick:
Contagion
World War Z
I Am Legend
12 Monkeys
Outbreak
28 Weeks Later
28 Days Later
The Crazies
Doomsday
The Omega Man
Resident Evil
The Stand
Andromeda Strain

Forgot Warning Sign (1985)

Q: What's that lab say they are working on?
A: Making corn grow in salt-water to solve the world's hunger needs.

Q: What was the lab actually working on?
A: Biological weapons, of course!

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Update: February 14, 2020 Friday morning Tokyo time: 10 am

1. It is now confirmed that the virus is among the people of Japan and will remain so. Even for those that have NOT been to China
2. It is now recommended when and if you ride a taxi, do not speak or have the taxi driver speak very little. Be careful of the change given to you (dang, I guess folks know what I mean on this)
3. Try to stay away from crowds, if not , 1 meter if possible. (try that on the subway in Tokyo at rush hour)

The above is brief. But it is now confirmed, it will be with us. Right now, no panic because most people are at work and haven't listen to the 9am news (not really news, but talk show that is all about current news)
I don't have the update on Princess Diamond. Going out for some country free air now. Remember one thing, this country has many old people care centers, and... Also the govt. is now securing (tightening the borders). What they are doing at the moment remains with the govt. officials, military and immigration. Personally, I don't think we are going to need all the foreign workers in the country now wanting to come to work in Japan. Many current ones are now over staying their visa. Big, very big problem now. Most are from Asian countries either working or in school. I don't think they want to return home to their countries at the moment.
Is Japan in a crises mode? I DON'T AS OF YET

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Necrose

Or, possibly they all got it from the same point source before incubation / quarantine ?

Gotta consider that also. Too many unknowns.

link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: Bicent

The Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare announced on March 13 that the number of severely ill persons infected with the new coronavirus on the cruise ship Diamond Princess has increased to 10.

Eight of them were confirmed positive for the virus.

According to the Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare, five men, including three Japanese who were identified by the 12th, were newly diagnosed as severely ill with three men and one woman in their 70s, and one man in their 80s. Three are positive, one is negative, and one is unknown. The first five were positive.

The ministry also revealed that infected male quarantine officers engaged in quarantine on board had improper conduct, including repeated use of the same mask. He is investigating that these actions have led to infection. 

thanks for the update, much appreciated

link   
Regarding the HIV virus components that are present in the coronavirus....perhaps they are there to weaken the immune system.
I read that the immune systems of the bats that transmit the virus prevents the bats from getting sick and dying from the virus so that they are able to continue flying around spreading the virus. And there was research being done to develop a version of the virus that would weaken the bats immune system so that they can contract the illness and die rather than continue spreading it. If that version of the virus got out it would explain a lot. Like medical complications not usually associated with the virus....perhaps causing people to drop dead in the streets.
edit on 2/13/2020 by MissSmartypants because: Edit

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Update: February 14, 2020 Friday morning Tokyo time: 10 am

1. It is now confirmed that the virus is among the people of Japan and will remain so. Even for those that have NOT been to China
2. It is now recommended when and if you ride a taxi, do not speak or have the taxi driver speak very little. Be careful of the change given to you (dang, I guess folks know what I mean on this)
3. Try to stay away from crowds, if not , 1 meter if possible. (try that on the subway in Tokyo at rush hour)

The above is brief. But it is now confirmed, it will be with us. Right now, no panic because most people are at work and haven't listen to the 9am news (not really news, but talk show that is all about current news)
I don't have the update on Princess Diamond. Going out for some country free air now. Remember one thing, this country has many old people care centers, and... Also the govt. is now securing (tightening the borders). What they are doing at the moment remains with the govt. officials, military and immigration. Personally, I don't think we are going to need all the foreign workers in the country now wanting to come to work in Japan. Many current ones are now over staying their visa. Big, very big problem now. Most are from Asian countries either working or in school. I don't think they want to return home to their countries at the moment.
Is Japan in a crises mode? I DON'T AS OF YET

The Japanese are tough.. theyre also smart ( unlike China's govt). I truly believe you all will suffer this virus pretty well.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: MissSmartypants
Regarding the HIV virus components that are present in the coronavirus....perhaps they are there to weaken the immune system.
I read that the immune systems of the bats that transmit the virus prevents the bats from getting sick and dying from the virus so that they are able to continue flying around spreading the virus. And there was research being done to develop a version of the virus that would weaken the bats immune system so that they can contract the illness and die rather than continue spreading it. If that version of the virus got out it would explain a lot. Like medical complications not usually associated with the virus....perhaps causing people to drop dead in the streets.

Yeah that was in one of the links I posted too. I read that .. it was like from 2016.. and thought holy hell.. maybe some folks are too smart for their own good. Just because you can doesnt mean you should. Im SURE there are other ways rather than tinkering with a virus!

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Seems they are beginning to take things a bit more seriously here.

US to Begin Testing Suspected Coronavirus Patients in 5 Cities -- The Epoch Times

“As of today, I can announce that the CDC has begun working with health departments in five cities to use its flu surveillance network to begin testing individuals with flu-like symptoms for the China coronavirus,” he said, referring to COVID-19.

“Many questions about the virus remain, and this effort will help see whether there is broader spread than we have been able to detect so far,” he added.

The CDC didn’t immediately return a request for more information on the testing, such as which cities the testing will take place in, how people will be identified, and whether people would be isolated until the test results came back.

edit on 13-2-2020 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

This was just on Twitter

BNO Newsroom
@BNODesk

NEW: Patient of Japanese surgeon with coronavirus tests positive for the illness; he's in serious condition

source

PS thank you for the updates
edit on 13-2-2020 by misfit312 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Updated table based on data from Covid19Info.Live (formerly WuFlu.Live)

Note: Uploaded to file-sharing service "file-dropper" since ATS uploads are way limited.

Covid19Info-dot-Live-2020-02-13-1618

PS: REALLY wish ATS would fix fixed-pitch text display to make this all in-line without any need for outside parties.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede
Seems they are beginning to take things a bit more seriously here.

US to Begin Testing Suspected Coronavirus Patients in 5 Cities

“As of today, I can announce that the CDC has begun working with health departments in five cities to use its flu surveillance network to begin testing individuals with flu-like symptoms for the China coronavirus,” he said, referring to COVID-19.

“Many questions about the virus remain, and this effort will help see whether there is broader spread than we have been able to detect so far,” he added.

The CDC didn’t immediately return a request for more information on the testing, such as which cities the testing will take place in, how people will be identified, and whether people would be isolated until the test results came back.

They better. I know of 4 in the last 2 weeks that Id test if I were able in my town. One coughing blood theyre tring to hack stuff up so hard. One was taken by ambulance to St Louis so I never heard anything else. 2 others just so sick they were bedbound. If its the season flu that these 4 have .. its the worst one Ive ever encountered.
Friend of mine was telling me this morning at a meeting that in the ER people would come in with a cough and demand to be tested. They wont test them and people are getting snappy.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Hopefully it IS just the flu...

SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (WLS) -- Two Illinois Department of Corrections facilities are locked down because inmates are sick.

The facilities are Southwestern Illinois Correctional Center in East St. Louis and Robinson Correctional Center near the Indiana border, about 240 miles south of Chicago.
A Department of Corrections spokeswoman told the I-Team about 60 inmates at Southwestern have flu-like symptoms

source

link   

edit on 2/13/2020 by MissSmartypants because: Edit

link   
China’s Hubei province reported an additional 116 deaths and 4,823 new cases as of the end of Feb. 13.
Of the new cases, the government said that 3,095 were “clinically diagnosed.”
In total, Hubei authorities said that 51,986 people have been infected in the province.

link   
a reply to: Halfswede

Curious... we've got people scattered all over the nation, in major cities and in little towns, who have traveled back into the US from China since December, but they're going to pick 5 specific cities to start testing Americans in? There's got to be a reason for them selecting those 5 cities (whichever ones they are). I'd love to know what logic went into them choosing those cities and, more importantly, why or how they settled on just 5 cities.

link   
🤔

Health officials in the epicenter of the coronavirus outbreak reported a surge in new infections Thursday after changing how they diagnose the illness. The announcement underpins signs that the virus data out of China is flawed.

Rest of the article in the link.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: misfit312
Hopefully it IS just the flu...

SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (WLS) -- Two Illinois Department of Corrections facilities are locked down because inmates are sick.

The facilities are Southwestern Illinois Correctional Center in East St. Louis and Robinson Correctional Center near the Indiana border, about 240 miles south of Chicago.
A Department of Corrections spokeswoman told the I-Team about 60 inmates at Southwestern have flu-like symptoms

source

Thats the official story.. seasonal flu.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

If a sizable outbreak occurs in Japan that will be it, global economic implications

edit on 13-2-2020 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

It can be whatever they say it is. If medical staff start to take long vacations it might be a great idea to join them.

top topics

<< 358  359  360    362 >>

join