It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
originally posted by: MaverickLRD
Does anyone know what time the days reports comes out of China today?
originally posted by: Advantage
AHAH! I found it. From 2015... check out the pic behind him after the 'shroom cloud. He must be a prophet...
The Next Outbreak from 2015
Fears 40m Brits could get coronavirus as disease is 'becoming global pandemic'
Health chiefs have warned that more people may need to isolate themselves after a suggestion that up to 40 million Britons could end up getting coronavirus. Prof Neil Ferguson, a mathematical biologist at Imperial College, London, said the world was “in the early phases of a global pandemic”. He added that if it establishes itself “maybe up to 60% of the population might be affected most of them with very mild symptoms”.
originally posted by: Maker22
Earlier on the thread, someone posted information about SRAS vaccine that induced greater mortality rate to mices infected with SRAS . Was due to more aggressive immunity response.
Someone also posted information about new mandatory vaccination law in china.
If a country plan to develop a bio weapon, it would be normal to vaccinate their people against it first.
Just conspiracy theory here... And when the bio weapon virus is released, what if that vaccine make your own population sicker than the rest of the planet.... like sras vaccine did ..?....
originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: KindraLaBelle
Every time they had a zoonotic event, disease jumping from animals to people, they would start trotting out the same scare articles and facts about how often there is a global pandemic from a strain of disease jumping from animals to people. They one stat they nearly always quote in them is that it tends to happen about every 100 years. We are almost exactly 100 years out from the Spanish Flu.
What they always missed in those previous zoonotic events is that while the diseases could go from animals to people under the right conditions, they never could go from person to person easily enough to form a sustained epidemic.
This one is a sustained epidemic no matter where it came from.
originally posted by: checkmeout
As this is an updates thread I thought I'd give a sort of synopsis.
1) 60,390 cases worldwide as of writing this post (source throughout is BNO)
2) 14,840 new cases in 1 day in Hubei (ground zero). Includes a redefinition of coronavirus. 218 dead which is highest so far (likely these are still not real figures)
3) 4 new cases in Japan incl a 20 something year old dr and a taxi driver. New cases include an 80 year old who died.
4) new cases (?10) in Vietnam and village on lockdown
5) 44 new cases on Princess cruise ship in Japan port bringing total to 218. Not all passengers tested. Some passengers (mainly elderly) being allowed to disembark possibly soon.
6) 8 new cases in Singapore.
7) 1 new case in Texas, US bringing total to 15. Person was in quarantine since 7.2.20 flight.
8) North Korea extends quarantine to 30 days although officially they have no cases. Prevention better than cure right?
9) UK 9th positive case was tested 3 days ago, sent home to wait her fate, then returned to hospital once confirmed in an Uber. Not sure she will get a 5 star review for that one. Talk of possible Paddington area case and GP surgeries getting a thorough clean for first time in ages in Islington and Somerset.
10) officials sacked in Hubei and Hong Kong. The latter one intrigues me most.
11) talk of even more serious quarantine in Hubei. But given that the ship has well and truly sailed I am not sure of the point of this other than to save face? Also thousands more medical staff shipped in from elsewhere. What happened to the last lot (I saw a propaganda video of some nurses who 'voluntarily' shaved their heads to prevent infection spread.)
12) lots of talk re origin of virus. Lots of opinion, little data shared from medical journals. Opinion does not pass peer review.
13) talk of the virus having been released by some unnamed govt to cause a war. Occam's razor dictates (at least to me) that this is more likely to be human error or Darwin having a good laugh.
14) German original case is no longer positive and hasn't infected his mates. Hopefully he will be out of quarantine soon.
15) UK released lots of peeps from quarantine on the Wirral. Wonder if they will update tripadvisor. Apparently none of them admit to threatening to leave in a drunken rage. But I believe Hancock (govt health official) version.
16) Westerdam ship docked in Cambodia. 100 tested and all negative (results were available at the fastest than ever speed within the hour I believe)
I'm sure there's more but it's hard to keep up with and I'm sure we should be looking into the stuff that's known and verifiable (like in the Fukushima thread when we had experts analysing the aerial footage etc). I'm not saying that to be rude to anyone in particular but this is the biggest quarantine event in my lifetime