It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 341
<< 338  339  340    342  343  344 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thoughtful1
a reply to: texasgirl
I think India has big problems. I was able to get YouTube updates until a few days ago it suddenly stopped.
Remember this is the country that cut off internet and cell service for the people who lived in Kashmir, a predominately muslim population.
Someone else posted that there is now an area in India that is under quarantine.

I am still waiting for information and statistics from countries that don't block the flow of information. I'd like to see if the death toll follows the same pattern as a cold does or if it also takes the lives of healthy people. So far, that isn't happening.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind
It's like this. I always wanted a bomb shelter because I'm a child of the Sixties and grew up during the Cold War period. But, I'm not in "panic mode" and rushing out to build one, or buy up 50 cases of SPAM. That would be "panic mode." If fact, I haven't seen any posters on here who seem to be in the "panic mode." So, why do people keep saying we are in "panic mode?" That just seems to me to be like name calling. I think what most people on here are advising is "Hope for the best, prepare for the worst," not "Stop, Drop and Roll."

50 cases of spam?? Forget viruses.. youd die of the amount of sodium in that crap!

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Adphil28
There simply are not enough of the kits to test people and then add to this that there needs to be multiple tests done for each suspected case.
I wonder who manufactures these kits?
Also if the kits being distributed to the various states are not accurate and show results as being inconclusive.
I remember quite far back in this thread there was the discussion about the lungs having glass like fissures. Maybe that is why China is resorting to using CT scans more frequently to get faster confirmation of the disease.

So you are in Germany. Can you give us some insight on the general mood of the people.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind
It's like this. I always wanted a bomb shelter because I'm a child of the Sixties and grew up during the Cold War period. But, I'm not in "panic mode" and rushing out to build one, or buy up 50 cases of SPAM. That would be "panic mode." If fact, I haven't seen any posters on here who seem to be in the "panic mode." So, why do people keep saying we are in "panic mode?" That just seems to me to be like name calling. I think what most people on here are advising is "Hope for the best, prepare for the worst," not "Stop, Drop and Roll."

50 cases of spam?? Forget viruses.. youd die of the amount of sodium in that crap!

Ha ha ha! So true!

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   
late report here... source linked.... the page is set up to report events on a 24 hour basis and this snip is from the time of day posted at the lead....

10:36 Experts were not surprised by China revising up the number of reported cases of coronavirus, virologist Professor Martin Stürmer of the IMD Laboratory for Interdisciplinary Medicine in Frankfurt has said in an interview with DW.
"We had already suspected their numbers to be too low," he said. "We had expected a higher number of cases based on our experience with other respiratory diseases. Of course now the higher number of cases in China suggests there may be higher numbers worldwide."
"We first thought it would peak around now," he said, when asked about when the outbreak would peak. "But we should now expect a peak at least two weeks from now."

www.dw.com...

So health officials project the COVID19 to peak around February 27- March 1st...
just around 2 weeks from today !
this is from the medical supervisor at Frankfurt Germany, in close note passing with other EU nations...
likely a better info source than WHO

edit on th29158161618713492020 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: NxNWest

Thank you as well, I just know with threads that are hundreds of pages long members can come in at the middle of the convo and misinterpret info or end up derailing threads because of confusion. I've certainly been one of those members before but try to avoid it when possible.

Trying to keep my own understanding of this up to par as much as anyone else here on ATS
edit on 13-2-2020 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   
No such countries exist. a reply to: nugget1

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

you do know that when ur mom and dad had sex and created you, your dna is different

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: doggodlol
a reply to: Advantage

you do know that when ur mom and dad had sex and created you, your dna is different

Well hell.. you passed grades chool?? AWESOME JOB!!

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Power_Semi

originally posted by: tennisdawg

originally posted by: ARM1968

originally posted by: Hecate666
At this point I'd like to ask a question that some may find superflous and others may have asked themselves the same thing.
We are obviously talking a lot about human casualties or the quarantine, but when I pondered today what we would do if we were quarantined, I could not help getting worried about our animals.
Their food would soon run out and their bedding and poop litter.
We love them as our children [no children, I prefer animals], so I wouldn't know what to do. Would we have to watch them starve, would we have to put them down?
To me this is actually more scary than me catching this virus. After all, even if we don't catch it but are in quarantine, the animals will suffer just from the human panic alone and not from any illness.

I wonder what is happening in china with beloved pets?
I can imagine that a few ruthless people will just murder them, some even eat them. But what about those that really rely and love their pets?

I don't want stupid answers, or attempts at 'humour', I am really upset about this [yeah, I do care about animals just as much as humans, so bite me].

If you have a dog or cat or horse or anything that you love dearly because they are their own little persons, imagine being in quarantine and what might happen to them. Considering a lot of people will say 'they are ONLY animals', they have no rights nor will anyone care. Well I do!

We have a number of cats, dogs, hogs, cows, chickens etc. We are taking this seriously and are stocking up on food for them all. So far we have 3 months stored and will be upping this to 6 months in the next few days. This will include cat litter, bin bags etc. We would buy these things anyway over time so it’s not wasted money. All you can do is prepare, stock up and hope it isn’t as bad as some fear. I’m on the fence currently, but it’s wise to prepare. Doesn’t hurt and better now than when actual panic erupts.

I have a 90 day supply for my pets. This virus is artificially designed for 3 major cycles approx. 14-28 days per cycle. There is chatter that this could have a 4th cycle, but i can't confirm that yet.

edited to add: this is an intentional release of an artificial virus. This was not released by China

Please stop this nonsense.

As I've said from the start I believe we are witnessing the beginning of the most catastrophic event in the history of mankind, but even I think you're full of it and trying to big yourself up.

You've gone from being asked to do a study for a quaratine building, to then having a network of spies around the world feeding you "inside, secret knowledge", to now stating as a matter of fact that this is "artificially designed" and has "3 major cycles - and maybe 4 but "you need to confirm that".

What next?

You have a friend who is a plumber and had to change a washer in a tap in the staff kitchen at an office owned by NASA, and now he's got people feeding him secret info on space aliens and moon bases?

Honestly if you lot are taking this guy seriously you need a check up from the neck up.

......and how do we know what you say is the truth over tennisdawg hey???
Personally I am completely 50/50 on the fence with this but I tend to hop of sometimes in both directions.
IF this is a bio-weapon (and I will admit it was my first 'gut instinct' from the off) then I am not in the least bit surprised if there are people like you wanting to detract from that possibility.
You sir are the diametric opposite to tennisdawg.........it doesn't make you right and him wrong or vice versa.
Can we all please stop having a pop at each other just because there is disagreement and just post information and far less of the personal attacks of my dick is bigger than yours....it's absolutely pathetic!

Disgusted and disillusioned Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   
UK lies, half truths, incompetence or just murk.

Yesterday, We were told the 9th case in London had basically called 111 straight after landing. We are left to join the dots, assuming maybe she went straight home, called 111. Jobs a gud un.

Actually, when I first heard it on the Radio, they didn't even mention London, went straight into talking about Brighton as if it were there!

Turns out, this lady went to A&E (ER to Americans?) in an Uber. They tested her, and sent her home! Got results 3 days later!

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Thoughtful1
How’s Germany:

I know Germany is using pcr testing to validate swabbed test samples from suspected patients with no false positives being returned.

As in the U.K. I’ve seen first hand people avoiding people that look Asian and giving them looks and whispering on the u-bahn( feel sorry for them on that tbh).
I’ve seeing not as many people out and about in the city here and a lot less crowds and not so many people around on public transport with colds and flu( maybe their finally staying home instead of spreading them around
personally that’s a bonus.)
In general at least in public there doesn’t seem to be any kind of panic, maybe an increased awareness of things going on though ( that’s just my opinion)

There are more border checks going on and a definetly increased security presence ( we are kinda used to the armed police in the city on patrol anyway specially round holidays!) and security personnel on trains
Other than that it’s daily life as usual tbh

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Power_Semi

If i can make an observation
Power_Semi
you can u2u me
seems conflict abounds when you arrive on the thread
People don't want to hear nor accept there love ones and friends should be killed so a few can survive
The whole concept goes against the spirit of man.

Math has no heart and thats what we need now
Not long ago this was very real for people,touches a nerve
idk, maybe just me but very Hitlerian
Tasteless and incompassionate to be bringing it up at this time,as well as irrelevant to the thread topic
consider making your own ,i'd be interested to see the outcome, it wont be pretty.

Encouraging to hear symptoms are mild-er outside China,but worrisome of developments in Japan and other areas
Hope the worst is over in the containment zone,as Spring arrives maybe we will see this thing die out.
edit on 13-2-2020 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel

At this point I'd like to ask a question that some may find superflous and others may have asked themselves the same thing.
We are obviously talking a lot about human casualties or the quarantine, but when I pondered today what we would do if we were quarantined, I could not help getting worried about our animals.
We love them as our children [no children, I prefer animals], so I wouldn't know what to do. Would we have to watch them starve, would we have to put them down?
To me this is actually more scary than me catching this virus. After all, even if we don't catch it but are in quarantine, the animals will suffer just from the human panic alone and not from any illness.

I can imagine that a few ruthless people will just murder them, some even eat them. But what about those that really rely and love their pets?

I don't want stupid answers, or attempts at 'humour', I am really upset about this [yeah, I do care about animals just as much as humans, so bite me].

If you have a dog or cat or horse or anything that you love dearly because they are their own little persons, imagine being in quarantine and what might happen to them. Considering a lot of people will say 'they are ONLY animals', they have no rights nor will anyone care. Well I do!

We have a number of cats, dogs, hogs, cows, chickens etc. We are taking this seriously and are stocking up on food for them all. So far we have 3 months stored and will be upping this to 6 months in the next few days. This will include cat litter, bin bags etc. We would buy these things anyway over time so it’s not wasted money. All you can do is prepare, stock up and hope it isn’t as bad as some fear. I’m on the fence currently, but it’s wise to prepare. Doesn’t hurt and better now than when actual panic erupts.

I have a 90 day supply for my pets. This virus is artificially designed for 3 major cycles approx. 14-28 days per cycle. There is chatter that this could have a 4th cycle, but i can't confirm that yet.

edited to add: this is an intentional release of an artificial virus. This was not released by China

As I've said from the start I believe we are witnessing the beginning of the most catastrophic event in the history of mankind, but even I think you're full of it and trying to big yourself up.

You've gone from being asked to do a study for a quaratine building, to then having a network of spies around the world feeding you "inside, secret knowledge", to now stating as a matter of fact that this is "artificially designed" and has "3 major cycles - and maybe 4 but "you need to confirm that".

What next?

You have a friend who is a plumber and had to change a washer in a tap in the staff kitchen at an office owned by NASA, and now he's got people feeding him secret info on space aliens and moon bases?

Honestly if you lot are taking this guy seriously you need a check up from the neck up.

......and how do we know what you say is the truth over tennisdawg hey???
Personally I am completely 50/50 on the fence with this but I tend to hop of sometimes in both directions.
IF this is a bio-weapon (and I will admit it was my first 'gut instinct' from the off) then I am not in the least bit surprised if there are people like you wanting to detract from that possibility.
You sir are the diametric opposite to tennisdawg.........it doesn't make you right and him wrong or vice versa.
Can we all please stop having a pop at each other just because there is disagreement and just post information and far less of the personal attacks of my dick is bigger than yours....it's absolutely pathetic!

Disgusted and disillusioned Rainbows
Jane

We will or we wont know if its a bioweapon.. its not like it will make much difference . Handle it like an alien virus.. which it is.. and see what comes out. I like to hear the differing opinions, sometimes it gives me a perspective I hadnt considered. BUT... totally stupid statements like "Its a flu" just grate on me. Its not a flu.. its symptoms are VERY different, its treatment is different, its behaviors are different. I mean we are using chloroquine as one treatment.. you dont use that for the flu. Downplaying stuff doesnt make folks seem cool or in control, it makes them seem ignorant of the situation and refusing to learn. Or incapable of it.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
China is now escalating the situation in their country and putting entire cities under "wartime" conditions IE marshal law... 2 days after Xi was telling people to go back to work

I think we can obviously see what's going on here and those of you who continue to brush this off as no big deal aren't paying attention.. the situation is scalating PERIOD

Please just stop. No one is saying this is not a big deal at least for China. I and others are saying it doesn't appear to be nearly as bad for anyone outside China, based on the simple fact that no one has died, and very, very few even seriously ill that are not native chinese from WuHan, or of Asian descent. Number of confirmed cases, after months in the wild is still at very low double digits in the US and other 1st world countries.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel

What next?

Personally I am completely 50/50 on the fence with this but I tend to hop of sometimes in both directions...

This sounds incredibly painful and made me wince.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Everything about this has left me with so many questions.

We have WHO- don't close borders, we need to do this together, only solve it together, common enemy, openly admitting to censoring info etc. - Everything they are doing screams One World Order to me.

Then we have countries shutting borders, restricting travel, people asking for the border from China to be closed who would NEVER suggest a thing like that before.
All Opposite of the One World crap.

Then, spreading in some places like crazy, other not so much. Many getting critically ill but, many only have minor to no symptoms. Tests having issues.

I have not ruled out the bio-lab.
But If this is mother nature I'm kind of in awe. All the things to line up right for this virus to behave the way it does and the timing also. Whole thing is a mind bender..

link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Hope those rainbows are feeling better soon.

Cheers

link   
a reply to: St Udio

So health officials project the COVID19 to peak around February 27- March 1st... just around 2 weeks from today !

That was China officials, and this estimation may just be for Wuhan. Quarantine procedures will slow the spreed and push back the peek for the rest of the nation and the world. Wuhan is already a couple of months ahead of everyone else from their first case, so the rest of the world is still 2-3 months away from its peek with this estimate.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: toysforadults
China is now escalating the situation in their country and putting entire cities under "wartime" conditions IE marshal law... 2 days after Xi was telling people to go back to work

I think we can obviously see what's going on here and those of you who continue to brush this off as no big deal aren't paying attention.. the situation is scalating PERIOD

Please just stop. No one is saying this is not a big deal at least for China. I and others are saying it doesn't appear to be nearly as bad for anyone outside China, based on the simple fact that no one has died, and very, very few even seriously ill that are not native chinese from WuHan, or of Asian descent. Number of confirmed cases, after months in the wild is still at very low double digits in the US and other 1st world countries.

Depends on how long it took to get a foothold in Wuhan. Seems they keep changing the start and zero of it. We may simply be in the infiltration phase in countries other than China. Seems to me it could be closer to 6-8 weeks for it to actually infiltrate and cause outbreaks. Give it a few weeks and reassess.

<< 338  339  340    342  343  344 >>

join