It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 339
<< 336  337  338    340  341  342 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: 1questioner
a reply to: logicsoda

I'm unsure what you will accept as "proof." If "proof" to you is hearing the same information from CNN or ABC, why are you spending your time on ATS?

You ever notice that when people say they need "proof" before they believe something - they never spell out exactly what they would accept as proof? They do it that way so they can keep asking for more proof.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind

originally posted by: logicsoda

originally posted by: logicsoda

originally posted by: tennisdawg
I have a 90 day supply for my pets. This virus is artificially designed for 3 major cycles approx. 14-28 days per cycle. There is chatter that this could have a 4th cycle, but i can't confirm that yet.

edited to add: this is an intentional release of an artificial virus. This was not released by China

And how do we verify that this is true? There is nothing conclusive to indicate that this virus is "artificially designed", as you claim. Not a thing--this is all baseless conjecture.

WASHINGTON D.C. – In recent weeks, concern over the emergence of a novel coronavirus in China has grown exponentially as media, experts and government officials around the world have openly worried that this new disease has the potential to develop into a global pandemic.

As concerns about the future of the ongoing outbreak have grown, so too have the number of theories speculating about the outbreak’s origin, many of which blame a variety of state actors and/or controversial billionaires. This has inevitably led to efforts to clamp down on “misinformation” related to the coronavirus outbreak from both mainstream media outlets and major social media platforms.

However, while many of these theories are clearly speculative, there is also verifiable evidence regarding the recent interest of one controversial U.S. government agency in novel coronaviruses, specifically those transmitted from bats to humans. That agency, the Pentagon’s Defense Advanced Research Project Agency (DARPA), began spending millions on such research in 2018 and some of those Pentagon-funded studies were conducted at known U.S. military bioweapons labs bordering China and resulted in the discovery of dozens of new coronavirus strains as recently as last April. Furthermore, the ties of the Pentagon’s main biodefense lab to a virology institute in Wuhan, China — where the current outbreak is believed to have begun — have been unreported in English language media thus far.

Source

And...

With over 20 years of expertise in genomic proteomic and integromic data analysis, Dr. Lyons-Weiler is the author of 57 peer-reviewed publications and three books, including one about the Ebola virus. Since the outbreak, Dr. Lyons-Weiler has written extensively about the Wuhan virus, and has published these articles: “On the Origins of the 2019-nCoV Virus, Wuhan, China”; “Molecular Epidemiology of Spike Protein Sequences in 2019-nCoV: Origin Still Uncertain and Transparency Needed”; “2019-nCov Vaccine Recommended Readings”

Lyons-Weiler said, the coronvirus sequences from samples isolated from infected patients in Wuhan have very similar gene sequences overall in comparison to related coronaviruses, but the 2019-nCoV has a very distinct gene sequence encoding the spike proteins. Spike proteins are the tools with which these viruses penetrate and infect host cells. He found the Wuhan virus has a spike protein that is very different than the nearest coronavirus, and he considers that a paradox.
“Why would there be such a low sequence similarity in just this one protein in this one lineage, unless it came from somewhere else. It doesn’t make sense. The genetic differences in the spike protein from the rest of the genome really make the spike protein stick out.”

Source

None of that is conclusive that it was artificially engineered. It's evidence that there was political interest and research, as well as evidence that there are intriguing inserts on the spike proteins (and it was even noted that it is very similar to other coronaviruses that already exist) of the virus, but this is not conclusive of artificial engineering.

Speculation, speculation, and more speculation. Even if it came from a lab (which is possible, I suppose) that doesn't irrefutably mean it was engineered.

It could be engineered, but there is still nothing conclusive and irrefutable that indicates that it was.

Once the scientific consensus concludes that this virus was the product of bioengineering, I will sing a different tune.

Well, if scientists are STILL looking into the virus, wouldn't that mean they're convinced it's not natural? If it was natural, they wouldn't need to keep studying it, would they? I think it's safe to say that they're still not sure whether it's man-made or natural, which doesn't rule anything out. That the most you can conjecture because there is no proof one way or the other.

It is a novel coronavirus, meaning it hasn't been seen before. Just because it hasn't been seen before that doesn't mean it is unnatural.

It is being researched so extensively because it is new and doesn't have a vaccine, not because they are unconvinced of whether it is man-made or not.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Still trending down other than yesterdays reporting change.

covid19info.live...

link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind

a reply to: logicsoda

I'm unsure what you will accept as "proof." If "proof" to you is hearing the same information from CNN or ABC, why are you spending your time on ATS?

You ever notice that when people say they need "proof" before they believe something - they never spell out exactly what they would accept as proof? They do it that way so they can keep asking for more proof.

I've spelled it out--a credible, verifiable scientific study that indicates that the inserts in the proteins are not naturally formed.

We don't have that yet.

link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2
Saw a statement today that immunity cannot be achieved for COVID-19. That is to say, one can catch this virus over and over again.

Is that an accurate statement, or is this still just one more unknown aspect?

Thanks.

Cheers

One does not build lifetime immunity to the flu or common cold. Viruses mutate and change over time. Could Covid-19 be a new variation of the common cold or flu, which is well known to be serious to the elderly, children and those with health issues?
Until there is information from someplace other than China it will be hard to make any kind of determination.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

The data outside of China is dominated by imported cases obscuring any growth from community spread which will lag anyway. The rate of growth outside China is therefore unknown until we isolate data for local transmission. I hope you're not building all your confidence of the lack of spread outside China based solely on the data for imported cases (i.e. noise)...

But hey, I hope you're right. It would be very sad to come back here in 50 days time and see you say "1.4 billion infected in China, and only 4 million outside China, *cough cough* STILL 99.7% of all cases in China!"

link   
a reply to: doggodlol
a reply to: NxNWest

Once again, this is not a flu virus. Stop comparing the two, this is a new "coronavirus" which is not the same thing even though a number of people on here seem to be incorrectly conflating the two.

The "WuFlu" phrase is just that, it's simply a phrase.

link   

Coronaviruses are types of viruses that typically affect the respiratory tract of mammals, including humans. They are associated with the common cold, pneumonia, and severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) and can also affect the gut.

A coronavirus was first isolated in 1937 from an infectious bronchitis virus in birds that has the ability to seriously devastate poultry stocks.

These viruses are responsible for between 15 and 30 percent of common colds.

Over the last 70 years, scientists have found that coronaviruses can infect mice, rats, dogs, cats, turkeys, horses, pigs, and cattle. Most recently, authorities identified a coronavirus outbreak in China that has now reached other countries.

originally posted by: nugget1

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2
Saw a statement today that immunity cannot be achieved for COVID-19. That is to say, one can catch this virus over and over again.

Is that an accurate statement, or is this still just one more unknown aspect?

Thanks.

Cheers

One does not build lifetime immunity to the flu or common cold. Viruses mutate and change over time. Could Covid-19 be a new variation of the common cold or flu, which is well known to be serious to the elderly, children and those with health issues?
Until there is information from someplace other than China it will be hard to make any kind of determination.

Hey nugget1: Yes, from what I've read it IS a mutation of the common cold, basically, NOT flu, that causes debilitating pneumonia.
tetra
edit on 13-2-2020 by tetra50 because: add info

edit on 13-2-2020 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-2-2020 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Coronavirus scare in paddington, london. Paramedics tell bystanders we have a confirmed case as they take a guy out of a block of flats and put him in ambulance

www.dailymail.co.uk... tter_impression=true

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: doggodlol

Once again, this is not a flu virus. Stop comparing the two, this is a new "coronavirus" which is not the same thing even though a number of people on here seem to be incorrectly conflating the two.

The "WuFlu" phrase is just that, it's simply a phrase.

I didn’t compare this at all to the flu. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Man, Deep Throat would have been ripped by some people here on ATS. Didn't he have some kind of insider information he couldn't reveal at first?

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   

compare it to the flu as its a virus

link   

link   

link   

originally posted by: mikell

covid19info.live...

while the actions they take have escalate dramatically

link   

originally posted by: mikell

covid19info.live...

while the actions they take have escalate dramatically

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: NxNWest

I didn’t compare this at all to the flu. Thanks.

You said:

Here is a good article from the CDC which explains how a flu virus shifts and drifts. Oddly enough, it was posted on October 15, 2019.

And doggodlol actually called this a "new flu virus". Sorry you didn't include additional explanation about "how flu viruses shift and drift even though SARSCoV-2 is a coronavirus, so I felt the need to chime in. Thanks

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: doggodlol

Yeah and that’s fine. That’s not what you said a few pages back when you said “this is a new flu”.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666 I'm worried about my cats, hopefully it I don't get the sudden onset seizures etc I will have time to let them out, but they are indoor cats, no one wants to let them out and have them eaten. I did buy 3 months of dry food just in case, cat litter is impossible to get delivered in large amounts so bought compost (delivered) after reading it is safe. I would rather bug out in the woods than go into a centre but don't think I could carry 3 cats and all their food. Damn this Virus. Years ago I used to prep as my daughter was young and felt it necessary but bio weapon is really impossible to prep for without a lot of money. Note to self update my bug out bag.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   
ill say cdc said it was new same with china saying it was new

top topics

<< 336  337  338    340  341  342 >>

join