It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 312
<< 309  310  311    313  314  315 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   
At this point all we can only watch and try to stay calm. Stress is a major factor in our lives anyway, but at times like this it can make a bad situation worse. Our problem is that the only thing we can really say with any kind of certainty is that we don't really know a lot, we can't necessarily trust new information as it comes in, and we don't know what we don't know. But that's true of every day and we (usually) manage to hold it together. There's a good reason why so many of us forgotten password folk have flocked back to this site. Go to where there the smart people go.

I'm still encouraging people to look at natural medicine to feed up their immune system. I've had a few people in my circle start using kefir, which as well as being a great way to get a good probiotic, it contributes to a strong immune response and it's an ACE inhibitor. Many of my friends are smokers of one variety or another, and I only recently quit tobacco, and the smoking link is very concerning.

I've just received a portable nebulizer, I'm going to use it to nebulize magnesium salts if needed, as per www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov... and a few other sources. I discovered the role magnesium plays in our bodies years ago and like efficient ways of using it that don't require a 2 hour long bath. I usually make a fine paste with the salts using a hand blender which is very effective at exfoliating the skin and getting a good therapeutic dose of magnesium straight into the blood via the skin. I used the nebulizer today, and wow, straight into the lungs and straight into the blood, that's why we smoke lol. I'm confident that would be as helpful as the medical papers suggest. Could it help with a cytokine storm?

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

China now 1.5 hours late reporting corona virus.
WHO and CDC is over there now in China maybe they are stopping the reporting.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl
She tested negative, was released, and then readmitted a week later.

That fits with the question of dormancy I've asked several times in these threads. Since it's not unusual for some viruses to be present in a body, laying dormant and virtually undetectable by standard tests, I am very concerned this virus does the same. (Which again would screw with the timeline and make these 14 day quarantines pretty pointless)

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Well we might not know who ‘they’ are, or already have a vaccine. I wouldn’t want to release a virus on the world without a personal antidote for myself and chosen few.
Well wouldn’t want to do virus bit in first place I’m happy to say though making such a plan is not completely beyond my level of comprehension of human nature.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Lmao I am leaving tonight just in time to avoid your thread illustrating your attempt at catharsis lol jeez. I would say don’t be quick to judge but you be you... only drivel I see is yours in this thread. What a schmuck.

Sia

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Joeshiloh

The CDC is not there. No Americans at all were allowed.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop
Breaking News over 14000 new cases 242 deaths

edit on 12-2-2020 by Joeshiloh because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-2-2020 by Joeshiloh because: correction

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Yes and no.

Pretty much every study out there shows an incubation average of between 3 to 5. One of those with a median 3 day incubation was one with a 24 day incubation outlier.

What sometimes happens is that someone gets infected/exposed, and the people doing the testing know about that point of exposure. They go a period of days being negative, and then at some point they get exposed/infected again, but the testing people don't know about that point of exposure. At that time, they start a new period of incubation or would if anyone knew about the new exposure. Since no one does, when the patient comes down ill days outside what is thought to be the standard range, they total all the days from last known exposure.

Apparently it happens fairly commonly in viral outbreaks. It has even happened with Ebola.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Some 14,840 new cases and 242 new deaths.

twitter.com...
edit on 12-2-2020 by EndtheMadnessNow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: texasgirl
She tested negative, was released, and then readmitted a week later.

That fits with the question of dormancy I've asked several times in these threads. Since it's not unusual for some viruses to be present in a body, laying dormant and virtually undetectable by standard tests, I am very concerned this virus does the same. (Which again would screw with the timeline and make these 14 day quarantines pretty pointless)

Was she confirmed to have the virus? I'm reading they're awaiting results...

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: EndtheMadnessNow

twitter.com...
I watch Lookner on his Youtube channel.. so live basically. This is truly insane if they are now redefining how they classify people ...again
edit on 12-2-2020 by lostsock because: my spelling sucks

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

Holy fuuuuu

We wanted real numbers... don't like the real numbers.

Wonder if they're suddenly going to up all the forthcoming cases to try and make up for all the fake numbers? Its not like theyve managed to test 14k in last 24hrs?!

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: lostsock

Yea, he got really excited. They changed some details criteria on how they confirm cases.
I'm still reading into it.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Hey ya'all. we are gonna need a new graph soon, my life isnt complete unless I have some graphs and weird statistic's to look at

edit on 12-2-2020 by lostsock because: spelling and Im still not sure I spelled the word right

edit on 12-2-2020 by lostsock because: my spelling sucks but I think I fixed it now

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   
www.fema.gov...

This Fact Sheet describes the scope of assistance that may be provided under a Robert T. Stafford
Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act, as amended (Stafford Act) emergency declaration in
response to a domestic infectious disease event.

www.fema.gov...

The Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act (Public Law 100-707), signed into law on November 23, 1988; amended the Disaster Relief Act of 1974 (Public Law 93-288). The Stafford Act constitutes the statutory authority for most Federal disaster response activities especially as they pertain to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and FEMA programs.

www.fema.gov...

Emergency Support Function (ESF) #15 – External Affairs provides accurate, coordinated, timely, and accessible information to affected audiences, including governments, media, the private sector, and the local populace, including children; those with disabilities and others with access and functional needs,; and individuals with limited English proficiency.

edit on 12-2-2020 by weirdguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Sounds like they are trying to play "catch-up" on the reporting, now that there are outside eyes looking more closely at it - even if its just Canadians.

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Joeshiloh

The CDC is not there. No Americans at all were allowed.

The US is allowed only as part of the WHO; invited back Feb 4. ..
plus the US just pledged 100mil (like rain on the ocean) to the efforts.

link

(somewhere back in this thread I posted more but it this a good example)

mg
edit on 02044646America/Chicago12_6America/Chicagopm by missed_gear because: correct source link

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Correct its WHO in China.

link   

twitter.com...

Wait...That's in ONE day??

link   
markets reacting heavy right now

new topics

top topics

<< 309  310  311    313  314  315 >>

join